Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

So, just gonna throw some wood on the "Righteous Fire" being "Back"...

We Recieve:
- A Base Damage Buff
- More access to DoT Multi
- Essence Crafted Rings becoming BiS for early maps

They Take:
- Elemental Overload no longer works for us
- Elemental Equilibrium is moved away from ES based RF builds (we need to path to Zealotes Oath, no option, shouldn't waste travel nodes to get Elemental Exposure which you could get from 1 Gem... Scorching Ray or Wave of Conviction)
- ES Based RF relied on having a few good Auras... Suprise, Mini Aura stackers (I mean... better players probably didn't but I know I used Purity of Fire, Discpilne, Flesh and Stone, Vitality, Malevolance, sometimes a low level Clarity)

Copium message:
I'd like to believe with the changes to mana reservation, it's not gonna change much for this many auras (esspecially considering ther nerf to Flesh and Stone. I'll be dropping that one) Also the changes to Energy Shield Recovery and other options for it, I'll still try it but none of this "Buffs" RF. It looks more like damage prevention as they nerf other builds. I do like the 35% life and ES damage conversion though... if i'm understanding it right.
Buahahahahahahahaha :D first time for last 3-4 leagues balance manifesto has something which makes my heart warm. :D And these lovely outcries of 0.0001%.
Let me say what you people always say to other players when they complain.

GIT GUT
Essence Worm now grants 80% reduced Reservation Efficiency (not specific to mana), instead of 40% increased Reservation.

what? 80% reduced reservation efficiency means 400% increased reservation required, it's insane
"
"
impulze3 wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:

So youre angry bc ggg took away your overpowered build ?..

I'm angry because ggg just nullified 5 leagues worth of currency i grinded pretty hard for. If you can't see that you probably never grinded hard for anything or invested into any kind of build for more than a league.

Anyways whats the point in even arguing with you, you think aurastacking is the "easy way" of cheaping out of a challenge.

You think it's easy to grind for 15 mirrors ?

Are you certain that you really played ure builds on STD or why do you mention the past 5 leagues?

You really grinded the currency for it? And no, i never grinded my Bank account really for hard that ... i make couple hundered exs easy while i craft ...

Who can grind 15 Mirrors!!! In 1 League without crafting and stuff, i mark u as an guy which is telling tales!!

i play standard and alot of the items here are worth alot more than the ones in league. There is divine farming with divines costing 0.25 - 0.3 ex where i can get 20 divines (~5-6 ex) along with 2 ex in raw currency drops not counting items per map with my legacy quant deadeye. I can run 5-8 maps per hour and i have hundrets of scarabs prophecies, maps and sextants laying around.

I have no life and play this game 18 hours a day, when i'm not grinding divines i do grand heists, deli maps, simulacrums in party or i run blight maps. It's averaging to maybe 10-20 ex from grinding per hour, also respecting the time i afk in hideout or i craft.

grinding makes me atleast 100-150 ex a day, the rest i get from selling items i crafted.

That currency i invest into crafting, those are some phys weapons i crafted the past week, highest being 1040+ pdps.

The average cost of making a 900+ pdps one is around 32-40 ex while the returns start at 80 ex. the best hits (1 in 21 weapons) sell for 300+ exa.
It wont sell now, but maybe in a few weeks, and i have so many crafted items that the delays stacked up to a point where i have continuous sales

This is from the past week of playing, and amounts to over 1200 exa in sales.

Maybe this helps you understand how its possible to aquire so much currency, you either flip, craft or grind ( where grinding makes the least amount).

I dont like flipping as it creates nothing for the economy and i like to just blast maps.

and so i blast maps and craft.
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
Last edited by impulze3 on Oct 7, 2021, 8:32:51 PM
"
bwinbc wrote:
i want both aurabots and aurastackers to get removed from the game

1. aurabots make solo-play insanely weak
2. aurastacking has infinite damage and infinite survivability, is too op to exist in a game where things are supposed to have opportunity cost

1. Aurabots dont effect solo play at all considering the first ppl to do most things every league are solo players. If your solo play is weak then ur just a weak player.

2. The cost of this "infinite damage" and "infinite survivability" build is multiple mirrors. If you think a build that invests 10,15,20 mirrors should be on par with any average 5-10ex build ur delusional.
GGG look 6 legues in a row nerf most powerful build in the game and ended up with dead build is a defenition of shame,
auras, there is 1 problem to solve - party lololo 2 day 5 dely farmers in a trash gear, but with aurabot. and you guys ready to kill aurastacker to solve this disbalance.
look closely, aurabots = cheap (under 20 ex) way to infinity, cus party play they pay too litle for too much. this is natural aura effect duplication *5
step 2 look to aurastacker = overpriced (from 100 ex to 4000 ex) way to infinity, no pain, no gain, yeah 20 mil dps also coc still exist(200 mil dps), glaciel hummer stil exist (1billion dps), summoners still exist (up to 4 billion dps), but whellrounded aurastaker that costs mirrors = too unethical.
ok keypoints why build cant have 12k ehp+ 20 mil dps ? why this tiny numbers is TOO MUCH TO LIVE (dont forget how much it costs- and how hard to make them)
OU and this is only build minmaxy enough to search corruption implicit for most of its gear

Problem aurabots insane, aurastackers are not, but we are nerfing them anyway

Offer1 rebalance generocity and dont touch other things, cus this is keystone of aurabots - 50 free aura effect is true insanity

Offer 2 rebalance supreme ego and aura effect nodes to separate party auraboting from aurastacking for yourself

Offer 3 fuck you, fuck them, fuck anyone to make space for powerkreep for hype pog in chat

I hope you guys do right thing and my aurastacker ill be alive cus he cost me so much time and effort (3x purity,discipline,3 heralds, haste, hatred,wrath,zealotry, clarity) its not much to ask, just keep it alive.PLS
Haha, thanks for the reply. :) Hook me up and i join! xD
Aurabot for 20ex is pretty bad but whatever.
Lol , so RIP Aurabot AND Aura Stacking , both my current Standard and next League build dead now . It so easy to nerf Aurabot without effect Aura Stacking : put a SINGLE line to every aura "Aura effect on Party member with 50% reduce effect" .
I read these manifestos and imagine the long skull sessions that led to them. That's a LOT of work analyzing existing issues with game mechanics, coming up with possible solutions, choosing which to use, and implementing them.

When was the last time you saw one of your "PoE killer" games put so much work into development?

PoE isn't perfect, but GGG keeps working to optimize it for long-term viability. We may not all be pleased with everything they decide to do, but they aren't giving up to rest on their laurels, either. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info