Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
"
Sonofwill24 wrote:

Not sure why people complain about builds that other people like to play when it literally has no effect on them. So many crybabies

Haha, who is the crybaby now?

What am I crying about exactly?
"Back in my day, we didn't have any 'Aurabots'! Heck, we didn't even have an Act 4! Every day I would have to descend through THREE floors of the Lunaris Temple to steal Piety's lunch money, and I'd have to wade though all those Tentacle Miscreations without the use of the flat physical damage reduction of Arctic Armour...because Arctic Armour wasn't invented yet! Those were some of the best weeks of my life, 0.9.7...Kids these days are too spoiled, what with their Harvest-crafting and Awakeners Orbs and the like! Always got their eyes glued to that damn poe.ninja!"
Aurastacking is broken but Immortal (literally) Vaal builds that do up to 1.8 billion damage is TOTALLY FINE. Right.
i want both aurabots and aurastackers to get removed from the game

1. aurabots make solo-play insanely weak
2. aurastacking has infinite damage and infinite survivability, is too op to exist in a game where things are supposed to have opportunity cost
:3
"
hyyyben wrote:

So youre angry bc ggg took away your overpowered build ?..

I'm angry because ggg just nullified 5 leagues worth of currency i grinded pretty hard for. If you can't see that you probably never grinded hard for anything or invested into any kind of build for more than a league.

Anyways whats the point in even arguing with you, you think aurastacking is the "easy way" of cheaping out of a challenge.

You think it's easy to grind for 15 mirrors ?

Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
Thank you for continuing to make the game better with every patch.

But:

"
Problem:
Ignite builds don't have a way to focus their damage on bosses, forcing balance to be the same for clear speed damage and boss damage.

This feels like a problem for more than just ignite. Any damage over time that doesn't stack feels bad against bosses. Even if it deals good dps, the inability to do more during boss vulnerability windows is no fun.
Ow
I really don't understand this development team's direction. Instead of introducing new defenses options alone in the passive tree they decided to balance all defense mechanics. nerf pure eva altogether which alone is the weakest defense mechanic in the game.

Instead of reducing aura effect or power from the aura numbers altogether they just hit all reservations. This includes unique item skills and all auras in the game. It's so much work to update these things when it doesn't solve any issue...stop complicating things GGG and get to the root problems before providing solutions that impact so many builds/playstyles in the game.

Also with this manifesto how does this change aurabot playstyle? The efficiency numbers work out the same high end. Tanking in front of your team and muling items doesn't change. You just shot your developers in the foot to only address this problem again later.
"
Sobert wrote:
"Essence Worm now grants 80% reduced Reservation Efficiency (not specific to mana), instead of 40% increased Reservation."
with 1 skill in 1 Essence Worm and no other reservation modifiers:
BEFORE you had 100/1.4=71.4% of mana reservation capacity left to use
AFTER you have just 20% of mana reservation capacity left to use
which is x3.5 less than before
I understand that it was an x2 formula applied but it is wrong in case of big negative values.
To keep the power of the ring at the same level it should be 30% reduced Reservation Efficiency, not 80%

only nerfed the way you're using it. On my trickster it's unaffected. It's pretty obvious that ggg wants people to make choices rather than just stack every good aura on every build that can handle it.

If you do mind over matter and essence worm the combo still works just as good as it's always worked. There's also still plenty of ways to get another aura or two without any additional reservation.

Stop acting like the way you play the game is the only way to play the game.
I read all 3 parts.
Finally I see the spirit which make a small company to POE. In this league you actually developed something take the huge risks maybe but you do not just adjust values.Its a endeavour I appreciate! This is the PATH poe should follow.
THANK YOU!
I am counting seconds to play new league now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info