What We're Working On

Thanks for posting the link to the article about the development of the PoE economy vs a gold economy. Very interesting.
My question is, did you study player happiness and success of game in games where there is an in-game trade/auction house (most every decent game) vs one like PoE where you have to list items on an out-of-game website then hope you can catch a trader in game and hope they will answer your whisper to make a trade?
For me personally, all that work done to develop this economy is garbage due to the lack of an in-game trade/auction house.
AUCTION HOUSE PLZ OR COVID
Thank you very much and keep up the good work, even if it takes us players some time (varying, depending) to get the hang of it.

Godspeed.
Last edited by HellsW1ind on Jul 26, 2021, 10:23:18 AM
why cant we have more nerfs? its still way too ez. wanna finally play Path of Darksouls!

2 of my friends started PoE 3 weeks ago. took me several months, talking to them, to get them to start cause PoE doesnt look exactly beginner friendly. actually, they were a bit intimidated. so, who can guess what happened to them this weekend? hahaha! ty for this :*

im pretty curious how u plan to get new players, balancing the game this way. especially, new players who have jobs to buy your mtx...

ну да ну да Ру камютини пошло куда подальше, незачем нам знать
[b][span color="#ff0000"] GGG Плевать на RU комьюнити
GGG spitting RU comunity [/span][/b]
Last edited by MrPaf on Jul 26, 2021, 10:31:29 AM
"
DimlyLit wrote:
Thanks for posting the link to the article about the development of the PoE economy vs a gold economy. Very interesting.
My question is, did you study player happiness and success of game in games where there is an in-game trade/auction house (most every decent game) vs one like PoE where you have to list items on an out-of-game website then hope you can catch a trader in game and hope they will answer your whisper to make a trade?
For me personally, all that work done to develop this economy is garbage due to the lack of an in-game trade/auction house.

Chris has said before he wants it hard to trade.

You have to understand that, the reason GGG keeps messing up is because they are trying to artificially slow players down in hopes it makes players stay longer.

The thing is, they can't hold players against their will, and players instinctively know when something is off, or it feels tedious.

It's ok to slow a game down, but you better make it fun AND rewarding for the players during the journey.

And that fun part is the part GGG and Chris always mess up.
All good with these fixes, however there are still going on, and im unsure if one of the fixes introduced last night, is causing whats going on now. however:

Today after the fixes, i have for no reason, during a login screen had my game shutdown on me. ? anyone else seen this?
Stashing IN THE MIDDLE of every map sucks even if you don't have to portal. The amount of currencies suck.

AUTO STASH THEM PLEASE
"
If we had one unified currency that works across all vendors, then the correct behaviour would be to determine which of the vendors technically has the best expected value, and to spend all of your currency with them.

Making all three (because currency exchange NPC would become redundant) vendors' options viable is not an option, isn't it?

And does it mean that next leagues shall follow same crooked path?

Will existing NPCs from past Leagues be splitted by functionality too?

Like, Navali Clone for Silver Coins exchange and Navali Prime for sealed Prophecies activation?

Cassia Clone for amulet anointments and Cassia Prime for ring anointments? Will Oil variety be doubled too to reflect this?

Einhar Clone for Blood Altar access and Einhar Prime for... beast storage access? Do anyone visit that location, anyway?

Come on, GGG!

------ ------ -----

I can't stress the quantity of bs in this mini-manifesto, damn.
The only reliable way to stop the epidemy is to eliminate even slightest chance to have a contact with contagious person/thing/creature/whatever.
My predictions for the next 4 leagues

Must to skip.

Because it unplayable.
And these legendries "The team are discussing", do not admit their mistakes, and will sculpt minor weaknesses.
A lot of old QOL - still unsolved, because "The team". It means - Trading, Crafting, AOE-lootting, flask-piano.

Must to skip.

They continue to do a phantasy of "The team", instead what community are needed.
They plan to do something like a "Guilds improvement".
It means - no dedicated time for a big QOL.
It still means - Trading, Understandable crafting's, AOE-lootings, Flasks piano.
But, we must to remember - here still live a lot of legacy of previous nerfs. I have no doubt it nerfs will remain, they are stubborn.

3.18 - 3.19 (first half of 2022)
Tencent - will dismiss the Current CEO.
If a new CEO will be a good - than we can have a first fun League only in 3.19 - 3.20 (summer of 2022).

Obliviously - no hope to have a fun in nearest future.
I am quit POE on the last Saturday.
Till?
Seems - till summer 2022.
If I still remember what is POE in 2022.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info