Stress-Free PoE |RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR: No Required Items, 1-Button Play, SSF League Start-End| 3.15

How much damage does your RF deal? I am also level 88. Do you do 100k plus with your items? I mostly hover around 80-90k with my RF DPS. Seems kind of low but I am trying to get better items to up the damage, will take me some time.
Last edited by furrypurpledinosaur on Aug 8, 2021, 5:28:38 PM
My tooltip for RF damage ingame with no endurance charges says 95,000 dps and with 8 endurance charges says around 102,500 dps but my path of building which includes the boost from elemental overload and other things says around 225,000 dps. Since I'm immune to chill, I skipped anointed flesh and made up the max resistance cap with:

Then I used those points to invest in explosive impact which greatly ups damage and AOE which I found made this build even more enjoyable than the base. Right now, I'm trying to figure out if I want to stick with incinerate for the crit chance and guaranteed EO uptime or if scorching ray and firestorm are just too cool looking.
I still haven't gotten Elemental Overload so that might be one reason for my low DPS. Also I see you have added Explosive Impact. Might be something for me to consider too.

I have been mainly trying to up my damage with gear (my helmet is still crap so that is one way I will be able to get better damage, once I can afford a good helmet, also I have no annoitment on my amulet so that will be another damage improvement for me once I can afford it).

I have a good Vermillion Ring though and was also going to get Stygian Vise and put in a Jewel that gives extra % to fire damage. Also switching to 2 sceptres instead of one plus shield might be worth a try. Or perhaps even experiment with staff.
Last edited by furrypurpledinosaur on Aug 9, 2021, 5:16:18 AM
"
Landrael wrote:
If anyone is looking for other possible uniques to use, here's some of what I'm using that seems to significantly up damage output.

The helmet and gloves prevent chill, freezing, and hindering while also adding damage. The profane proxy in the left ring slot replaces the chill effect of skitterbots but gives flammability 100% uptime which makes its resist reduction much more reliable AND profane proxy gives necessary resistances AND makes space for a dash elsewhere on items.

I am also using an amulet I spent a ton of chaos on that allocates Growth and Decay which is a notable that would otherwise be near impossible to get.

Finally, I am using influenced boots with +2 to level of socketed fire gems for righteous fire itself.

I can't say I'm very good nor am I done gearing but this build is incredible and has taught me a lot about how to play POE in the late game. Thank you Wrecker!

There are many helpful uniques for Righteous Fire, or tankiness in general. I'll post some below for anyone interested.

Formless Inferno: This helmet grants a ton of physical mitigation. Since we have excess fire resistance with Purity of Fire & Tasalio, we can get a lot of armor. This is a massive boost to EHP against physical damage hits. That's incredibly useful. Add onto this item its 8% phys damage taken as fire damage, and we're mitigating damage not once, but twice, before it hits us. This is EXCELLENT.

Crystal Vault or Cloak of Flame: Both of these items have huge "Physical Damage from Hits taken as X." If you haven't reckoned by now, these stats are more important than the raw health from Kaom's Heart. This chest also grants some strength & intelligence for stat purposes, and you can't be chilled.

Kaom's Way: These rings increase endurance charges and regen by a massive amount.

Watcher's Eye - Purity of Fire - phys damage taken as fire: Again, huge benefits from physical damage conversion.

In terms of phys damage taken as X, here's what we end up with so far:

Base 15% from Tasalio + 20% from Crystal Vault + 8% from Formless Inferno + 8% from Watcher's Eye = 51% physical damage taken as elemental.

Phys taken as fire damage would be ideal here, but I suggest Crystal Vault over Cloak of Flame to help with resist capping & extra tankiness with armor and fire taken as cold.

Here's a build I threw together with some modifications. If I play this patch, I'll use something close to this:

https://pastebin.com/tCW6FLFE

There's plenty of mana for the CWDT procs. For burst damage, it's important to note you shouldn't channel Incinerate longer than it takes to maximize charges. The explosion at the end hits nicely.
Nice, I will try some of these if I stumble upon these items. I already have Hrimnor's Resolve (had even multiple copies I found lol, I think this unique item is easy to find in the Frozen Cabins map, it drops often).
I tried the Profane Proxy ring today and i am blown away by it's effectivity.
I am also wearing Alleopathy and Hrimnors now and managed to 6-link my Carcass Jack armor. After having my free blue socket back for Flame Dash i decided puting the CWDT with stone golem and immortal call on the phoenix shield after first finding myself considering how to three-link the 4-socket helmet...

Now I am going to try out the new setup and I hope to rise in levels a bit.

Thanks for all the constructive input, fellow pyromaniacs :D
Something else to consider is Malachais Artifice with a skill that does something else than fire damage. I use lightning golem for that.
Sorry for the delay in responses folks. It's been a busy weekend. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

"
crushburn wrote:
Spoiler
Hey everyone,

I was wondering why Herald of Ash is not in the build.
Is it less damage than Skitterbots?

Thanks!
Hey crushburn!

Herald of Ash benefits builds that scale with both physical and fire damage. We're pure fire. The DOT buff it gives only benefits itself, not our other skills. So I opted for the current skills instead.

"
Couchdrache wrote:
Spoiler
Hoi Wrecker,

thank you for your detailed build. I enjoy your way of writing guides and going in depth with every possible question. Being an absolute fan of RF since playing it for the first time, I just wondered why having the focus on the incerinate damage instead of RF on the gem site. Would it also make sense to have a 4-link incerinate and go for a 6-link RF or is there something i overread?
Hey Couchdrache!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it. It's great to hear.

The build actually invests solely on RF damage. The other damage that is in the tree would remain as is, even if I was going pure RF with no secondary damage. In terms of that though, one of the many reasons I picked Incinerate was because it coincided well with the damage nodes that weren't "perfect" for RF but were getting picked anyway.

In terms of the linking, the build's damage (though Incinerate isn't the strongest fire skill out there) is WAY higher with RF as the 4-link. You could have RF as the 6-link, but then you'd have a lot less total help in situations where a tough enemy needs help dying faster.

So you didn't skip anything in the guide. It was just a numbers thing.

"
Spoiler
One small issue I am struggling is mana, often I am running out of mana which is why I am carrying mana flask with me. I would prefer to find some other way to solve the slow mana regen issue so I don't have to use a flask slot for mana.

I am thinking it would be best to solve this with gear so I will probably aim to get some extra mana + mana regen when I am improving my items.
Hey furrypurpledinosaur!

Ya, mana. That's new for all of us. I did what I could theoretically before league launch, but then I needed to start over when they revamped mana costs post-launch. Honestly, this whole league will be the whole community testing out the new mana situation. So let me know what you do. I wasn't too happy with mana during my last session either.

"
Landrael wrote:
Spoiler
If anyone is looking for other possible uniques to use, here's some of what I'm using that seems to significantly up damage output.

The helmet and gloves prevent chill, freezing, and hindering while also adding damage. The profane proxy in the left ring slot replaces the chill effect of skitterbots but gives flammability 100% uptime which makes its resist reduction much more reliable AND profane proxy gives necessary resistances AND makes space for a dash elsewhere on items.

I am also using an amulet I spent a ton of chaos on that allocates Growth and Decay which is a notable that would otherwise be near impossible to get.

Finally, I am using influenced boots with +2 to level of socketed fire gems for righteous fire itself.

I can't say I'm very good nor am I done gearing but this build is incredible and has taught me a lot about how to play POE in the late game. Thank you Wrecker!
Aw. Thanks Landrael!

I appreciate you being so kind. I'm glad you're learning lots, getting deeper in the game, and enjoying yourself all at the same time. Thanks so much for taking the time to be so encouraging :). I hope the build keeps treating you well. And let me know if you have suggestions for the guide or build too! Thanks again!

It looks like the rest of the posts are between yourselves so I'll leave it at that. Thank you so much for being so kind and helpful to one another. It's great to see people just helping without being a prick :). Thank you, everyone!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
just wondering what I could swap out for a movement skill.

love the guide always wanted to play RF but didn't know how
"
Aus_Carnifex wrote:
just wondering what I could swap out for a movement skill.

love the guide always wanted to play RF but didn't know how

I use an Unset Ring with a Flame Dash in it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info