Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
HkDrOn3 wrote:
"
Optimyst wrote:
i'm not kissing any a**es. i'm just aware this game still is a f2p game while consitently releasing more content than any other aaa arpg. there are several teams working on different content including new leagues and poe2 to maintain it's schedule. do you think they can be paid just by selling some hats as mtx? no. even bex isn't working for free.

That is not consumer problems. And being free to play is a GGG CHOICE. they shouldnt be praised or threated like they are doing us a favor. Specially since the majority of us players that comes here to the forum actually paid them more than a games worth in cash as supporter packs.

Being FREE TO PLAY IS A MONETIZATION CHOICE not a favor to players.

Stop using it to let them off the hook everytime they fuck up

this
Nerfbat swung so hard this league it hit the servers! :P
guess ill just enjoy the game as a f2p from now on on std ... i deleted my char on league.. wont be playing it ...and a aint buying no more supp packs congrats ... i had weekend of and wanted to play but couldnt ...well done
"
GummYsGER wrote:

All those people complaining are way too entitled imo. It's not like your life depends on playing PoE, exactly at the start of a new league... There is no reason behind that, other than wanting to be first, which will also only lead to disappointment. You can play the game anytime, and the league will be up for three months anyway. Try to smile at life, why scoff at it?

Having an opinion on what should make the game fun for everyone else makes you way too self-absorbed imo.
It's not like your life is the only real measurements for everyone's fun.
There is no reason behind playing mmo and having a ladder-system, other than having some sort of competition between players. You can go play with your fun sword anytime for the next three months, and let people complain about what just ruined their fun.
Try to understand not everyone has/had the same expectations, or the same hobbies you have.

Now, if GGG is taking a turn people dont like...they can complain, they can be mad their expectations are not met...
But at some point they're gonna have to realize they look like they're in an abusive relationship with poe.

And for these: Just leave the game, find something else.

ALL HAIL CHRIS THE BRINGER OF RNG
I'm really hoping to see a Manifesto titled "Commitment to fairness" and have it spell out exactly what that means. If you're not committed to fairness, you could let us know so that we can find someone who is.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm really hoping to see a Manifesto titled "Commitment to fairness" and have it spell out exactly what that means. If you're not committed to fairness, you could let us know so that we can find someone who is.

That would be a start, albeit a weak one.
If they actually show us they are living up it, that would help immensely.
Last edited by calendir on Apr 18, 2021, 12:31:20 PM
Personally, I never saw any problems with streamers getting a queue priority. When things are slow people can at least watch their streamers play. I understand there is a gotta go fast element to league starts where people race to be first in something.

However, if the queue is garbage and many people are still waiting in the queue then it was never fair to begin with. I never understood why people were getting mad at streamers for this priority. Although having their girlfriends, friends, people they play with also get priority is a bit of a stretch.

WoW ! Now i understand why i see most of the streamers get an insane "luck" with their drops and crafts and most of us, mortal players, dont. This post explains a lot! LMAO
As it happened i wouldn't complain about it if the necessary steps to fix the problem was made. As he said himself GGG wants fair play at all times.

then the solution was simple. the problem was found and fixed. restarting the launch as soon as it was fixed or restarting with delaying the launch to the same time but day after would be viable.

instead the duped items and the get ahead for the whitelisted

(aka unfairness) was decided to stay around.
well then its even easier.

mei
signing off

see ya next league!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info