Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
killy2 wrote:
The launch was terrible, servers crashing, human error, GGG is on fire. But hey, in the heat of the moment-> let's quickly build a streamer list of IDs to let them skip the queue.

Really? This was not planned or done before?
Come on guys, we're not that dumb.
I doubt their entire staff are server admins. Surely there were some skilled with other stuff they could ya'know... assign to other tasks while those familiar with server infrastructure worked on the servers.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Apr 18, 2021, 8:07:39 AM
"
Actordaz wrote:
Life isn't fair.

Empy, that you ?
I was honestly set on getting one of this league sup packs but i cant do that to support GGG after this. This is as dishonest as you can get.

You know those jokes about streamer RNG??

Yeah it might as well be true at this point. Since GGG whitelisted a bunch of streamers and non streamers friends/girlfriends as well, without even notifiying the content creators themselfs if they wanted it. GGG could easily be skewing RNG around those streamers to create "more enjoyable watching experience" for their game.

You know it is the same type of FAKE ADVERTISEMENT you are promoting when you put people you paid to showcase your product SHOWCASE A DIFFERENT VERSION OF IT.

So if you paid content creators and streamers to showcase your game on a 2 hour stream, and your game happens to be a disconect mess, and full of bugs like a game that is in beta since 2011 because you only focus of quantity and never adress quality, either quality of service or quality of life for the gameplay itself. Let it show their viwers what your PRODUCT ACTUALLY IS AND HOW IT ACTUALLY FUNCTION.
So in order to not "set a big pile of money on fire" you resort to FAKE ADVERTISEMENT? Might as well burn the money and be HONEST TO YOUR PLAYERBASE and future customers. We dont belive anything is fair in this game anymore. It surely wasnt fair before, but we never actually think it was intentionaly not fair. Now we know better.

How are you guys handling the race rewards? I mean obviously whitelisting some racers because they are streamers and letting other racers to wait in queue for hours wouldnt change the outcome of the race right?

Have you though about someone that is watching, lets say Shroud play PoE and thinks... well it is actually fun let me try it. And then the dude proceeds to get into a huge queue that take him hours to log in just to be kicked out instantly... What does that tells his new player about the game and GGG?

Yeah i know... It is bad right?

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Apr 18, 2021, 8:35:14 AM
"
Actordaz wrote:

Also, on the misinformation still going round regarding streamer luck in terms of loot. THAT DOESN'T EXIST!! No matter what anyone spouts in terms of conspiracy theories regarding this aspect, it isn't true. Yes they got to jump the queue to show off their game, (which won't happen again), streamers DO NOT GET BETTER LOOT just because they are streamers!

You can not, and will never be able to, prove your statement.
I always belived it was obviously fake and something said just to joke around. But after recent facts, NO ONE CAN EVER PROVE IT IS NOT TRUE.
Even GGG can come up with an official statement saying it never happened and it is impossible to do because of x and y, and people wouldnt belive it. Simply because when you as a company market FAIRNESS to all players but skews things around dishonestly to give unfair advantages to other groups of players, your credibility goes down.

Life isnt fair. League start wasnt never "fair" as well.
but we always belived it wasnt deliberately unfair.
There is a lot that can happen that would make the league unfair for certain players but those are stuff that is luck dependent. Like for example a random crash of sorts could kill a racers run. It happened unfortunately lets move on and try the race next league. You cant compare this kinda of "unfairness" that is seriously luck of the draw to a whitelist of folks that gets special threatment.

Also there is nothing wrong with publivity and marketing they wanted payed streamers ok pay them to show your product.But by whitelisting the streamers they are fake advertising the game. Also the whole reason of the pay streamers to showcase the game is that streamers would showcase the actuall game instead of edited trailers and stuff so it adds to the credibility of how the game actually plays.

It is not about "being" entitled.
I don't suppose some sort of compensation has been decided yet? Everyone that logged in during the first few days gets 100 shop points, or some cosmetic boxes? I barely got to play and what little progress I managed was lost on some of the disconnects. Fortunately, it wasn't something major in my case, just some level 2 gear, was still a PITA that I lost an early movement speed boot. And also annoying that I kept seeing world first entries from the same guy who apparently was one of the lucky ones. I play this too casually to care about leader boards (I always burn out by time I start regularly hitting red maps anyway and I don't schedule my weekends around league launches) but even my own limited experience was embarrassingly bad.
"
Optimyst wrote:
i'm not kissing any a**es. i'm just aware this game still is a f2p game while consitently releasing more content than any other aaa arpg. there are several teams working on different content including new leagues and poe2 to maintain it's schedule. do you think they can be paid just by selling some hats as mtx? no. even bex isn't working for free.

That is not consumer problems. And being free to play is a GGG CHOICE. they shouldnt be praised or threated like they are doing us a favor. Specially since the majority of us players that comes here to the forum actually paid them more than a games worth in cash as supporter packs.

Being FREE TO PLAY IS A MONETIZATION CHOICE not a favor to players.
Stop using it to let them off the hook everytime they fuck up
"
HkDrOn3 wrote:
"
Optimyst wrote:
i'm not kissing any a**es. i'm just aware this game still is a f2p game while consitently releasing more content than any other aaa arpg. there are several teams working on different content including new leagues and poe2 to maintain it's schedule. do you think they can be paid just by selling some hats as mtx? no. even bex isn't working for free.

That is not consumer problems. And being free to play is a GGG CHOICE. they shouldnt be praised or threated like they are doing us a favor. Specially since the majority of us players that comes here to the forum actually paid them more than a games worth in cash as supporter packs.

Being FREE TO PLAY IS A MONETIZATION CHOICE not a favor to players.
Stop using it to let them off the hook everytime they fuck up

If it's free, YOU ARE THE PRODUCT. Which is way, way worse.
Bye bye GGG you abuse user, so you’re banned.

"
Dear GGG,

I played the new league today, i mean i played it during 25mn then i get disconnected, bad luck, but that happen.

107k in queue now.... wow... bad luck again, but that’s the game.

But guess what? I see you let big streamers to bypass the queue.
Yes yes, there is many clip about that, even one when you said in Mathil chat to reconnect and he bypass the queue.

It’s totally unfair for other users.

So guess what ? I banned you, i uninstalled the game, and i hope all users will migrate to Last Epoch.

Sincerely,

Srm.
I joined July 10, 2012
You gave me almost a decade of fantastic game time.
I would have considered myself a very loyal player and fan.
I've watched you grow from a little indie company to a multi-million dollar global enterprise.

If the best you can muster now is "sorry", then I have no problem saying "bye".

Don't worry. I'm going to whine and complain about GGG and try to turn as many people away from you as possible... "sorry".
I actually don't mind the queue skipping. It makes waiting for the queue to finish more bearable, because you can watch your favorite content creators. But it should really be streamers only. Not their whole guild, their friends or something.
All those people complaining are way too entitled imo. It's not like your life depends on playing PoE, exactly at the start of a new league... There is no reason behind that, other than wanting to be first, which will also only lead to disappointment. You can play the game anytime, and the league will be up for three months anyway. Try to smile at life, why scoff at it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info