Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

They fixed server issues "kinda", and I'm thankful for that.
But the fact that they allowed punch of players to get a head start, and didn't do a league reset/relaunch, is just sad and infuriating.
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
Fuck it, still now i cant even create my first char for the new league.

always disconnection before i can create it.....

annoying
"
Ghostseer wrote:
The part regarding streamers that were paid to play the game getting queue priority does not pass the sniff test.
There is no way you’re paying people who already stream PoE every single day to play and stream the league launch, yet many of those got queue skips.

No more money from me. I cannot support a company that gives underhand rewards to those who promote their business that harm their supporters. The preying on gambling addicts with loot boxes was bad enough, now this..

+1
"
The decision to allow any streamers to bypass the queue was clearly a mistake. Instead of offering viewers something to watch while they waited, it offended all of our players who were eager to get into the game and weren't able to, while instead having to watch others enjoy that freedom. It's completely understandable that many players were unhappy about this. We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality.

We will not allow streamers to bypass the login queue in the future.

Please note the lack of all-encompassing wording on their ongoing change. They “will not allow streamers to bypass the login queue in the future.“ this was not said as “we will never again award any parties with unfair advantages in game”. The devil is in the specificity of the statement.

Do not financially support this company.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
I would like in future that characters can be created and named for new leagues a few days prior to league start and ready to load in on launch day.

I'm thinking that reserving a name on a character in the current league then deleting it and creating a new one is not only a hassle for players but also adding to server time issues.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
Ghostseer wrote:
The part regarding streamers that were paid to play the game getting queue priority does not pass the sniff test.
There is no way you’re paying people who already stream PoE every single day to play and stream the league launch, yet many of those got queue skips.

No more money from me. I cannot support a company that gives underhand rewards to those who promote their business that harm their supporters. The preying on gambling addicts with loot boxes was bad enough, now this..

sadly true
+1
"
Ghostseer wrote:

Totally agree, can't afford such a discriminating behavior GGG has presented.
Is there anybody out there who believes there is no streamer's luck after this confession by Chris? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616

Great hara-kiri GGG.
As a console player I'm not affected by this at all and sure as hell there's no streamer on consoles big enough to get any privilege whatsoever.

And I'm that kind of player who never complaint about game balances, fixes and nerfs, actually I quite supported the vast majority of them.

But what happened with this queue priority is just wrong, as simple as that.

I've bought at least a supporter pack each league (most of the time both actually) but I won't this time.
And not for some sort of "learn the lesson GGG" thing, because I'm no one who can give lessons to anyone, it's just that it makes me feel better to not show my support to actions like this.

(what I also blame them for, is also giving a bunch of kids new ingredients for conspiracy theories like "GGG increases drop rate for streamer! 1!1!!!1! and many other toxic theories which really didn't need any new fuel).
letting streamers in = groundslamming all your other players in the face

Tnx for showing all of us supporting for allmost 10 years now where we belong!
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info