Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
Optimyst wrote:
no one except for a small percentage actually competes in this race. players just like the illusion that they think they are competing even without any chance. so leave it as it is.
and for the server queue: you wouldn't even realize there was a priorisation of streamers if the league start went fine.

Well, if that would be true then why have any kind of rankings for any league here? They clearly have rankings, that's a fact. Those rankings are now meaningless no matter each participants skill level, because it's just not based on fair grounds. Meaningless.
Pro tip: offer to everyone who joined the queue/game in the first f*cked up day a consolidation prize a special free cosmetic you will made for that ocasion (a broken sword skin for example). People will be happy, it will cost GGG near to nothing, satisfaction guaranteed.
Sigh, you guys should've just delay the launch for 2 to 3 hours to do whatever migration the one guy forgot doing. Why keep the server running while the server keeps dumping players? It all because you to keep the streamers streaming? And I don't get that 'big money' part. Does the streamers submit their ads income to GGG?
Also, you guys better be faster on making an announcement about restarting the league. Whatever the decision is, the longer you waited the worst it gets.

(It's just my own guessing and hope it won't be correct. Somehow, I get a feeling that GGG is in short of money. Maybe, most people playing it without investing it each league. Maybe the income from players each league barley covers the spend on the development of the league and also keeps the development of POE2? So you have to prioritize money income to keep GGG running? if that's the case, I hope you can still keep a simple mind, just to make a good game with less budget, focusing more on rebalancing and exploring fun builds instead of new ways of bringing money
Ooof, after playing this game year after year, I'm never shocked when issues occur because it happens. I mean, you guys update more than most games do in 3 years, let alone 3 months, so I took the launch day issues with a grain of salt, was patient, and finally crashed out a bit early in hopes the server issues would be resolved once I woke up. Good on you for fixing most of the issues I was having and discussing the recent anger over streamer priority, and making the right decision about that. By the way I LOVE the Ulti's
shit happens. yesterday was an incredibly frustrating, tilting experience for everyone involved in the game from the devs to the player base.

the devs worked rly hard on this launch and it all fked up, they look terrible, they want the players to love the game and instead everyone hates the game and them.

the players are watching streamers skip queues and their own game take an hour to log in and then crash within 2 minutes for 6 hours straight, its maddening.

the streamers are getting abused, most instantly contacted support and got them to remove the priority queue from their account, they had no idea it was a thing, people like empy are giving all the money they made that day to charity in order to show solidarity with the community and really, none of this was his fault and hes now lost a big day of personal income as a result and hes done nothing wrong.

no one is happy about this, no one won, everyone lost.... but its over now, lessons learned, tempers should be coming off boiling point. look, ive got a wicked temper, my mrs sent me that "my temper goes from 0 to life in prison in 2 seconds" meme the oher day, i get that people were mad tilted, i was too.

but theres no pint clinging to it, no one intentionally did something to harm anyone, everyone just wanted the best for the game and for everyone to be happy and love the launch and then mistakes were made. people make mistakes, we all do. so group hug, everyone just kiss and make up, lets move on with our lives and enjoy ourselves.

chris, we love you big man, you and all the team, even the support ppl who unjustly time me out on the forum now and then i love you guys and wish you the best.
Anybody believe in this? really?

rng streamers is a fact.
give me streamer rng!
"
kacleec wrote:
I mean we appreciate the gesture and the communication attempt by you guys to convey what is happening, but it's also like, what are you going to do to compensate for the horrible start this was? It's easy to just say you fucked up and move on, but you're doing nothing to compensate for the fuckery that you involved everyone in.

This is literally the most childish thing i ever read in any Forum.
Please GGG, spin up a new private league for each variation of ultimatum, dump the current characters into each respective private league and reset the main league. Lets people keep their chars & lets the people who want a reset to experience an actual fresh start economy.

Honestly this league start was a shit show and if you don't do something about it then it proves you don't care. And if something like the reset I suggested above doesn't happen then I really hope this league start echos HARD in your financial report. Probably won't buy any more packs due to the streamer privileges and shit league start.
"
Der_Fraggle wrote:
"
kacleec wrote:
I mean we appreciate the gesture and the communication attempt by you guys to convey what is happening, but it's also like, what are you going to do to compensate for the horrible start this was? It's easy to just say you fucked up and move on, but you're doing nothing to compensate for the fuckery that you involved everyone in.

This is literally the most childish thing i ever read in any Forum.

To me, it is the exact opposite- it is about taking responsibility for their actions and words. Asking for responsibility is far from being childish
Last edited by Vandamon on Apr 17, 2021, 10:47:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info