Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

Honestly this whole fiasco is a spit in the communities face. Preferential treatment will always cause discord. Members like myself who have been here since the very beginning can see these patterns for what they are and the damage they cause to the community is oftentimes unfixable.

Looks like Ill be holding off on sending any more money to Tencent/GGG because honestly enough is enough. There needs to be better transparency and a server restart. You guys constantly hold tournaments and achievements for being "first" at something and you have literally taken that ability away from the community and handed it to streamers on a silver platter. This is what happens when you try to please the elite few and not the entire community. I seen it happen with FreeJam and Robocraft and now I get to watch one of my favorite games of all times go down in the dumpsterfire it caused itself.

Sorry, you wont be getting any more money from me.
If not reset The league so this pack support i'm not buy and not play,This make me lost credibility
"
cesmode wrote:
Im at a loss for words.

I could care less about the technical, it happens. Albeit, you are years into your game and still have issues like this?

Regardless...

The streamer priority is what disgusts me completely. Its one thing for a developer to say "Hey heres some money, play 2 hours, sponsored stream". Its another to pay big streamers money, who already play your game, and give them priority in a crisis. And I could be wrong but I dont think I saw a '#ad' in any title. I could be wrong, but you paid, they played, they got in priority, and no one knew they were being paid. At least I didnt.

This is honestly the first time Im hearing that streamers are being paid to play at your league launches (all to hype up your game and get viewership). Or maybe Im oblivious to titles. Continuing with that thought, it is now NOT far fetched to say that you up their streamer RNG / loot drops. Its all been a meme up until now, but its very viable. All the big loot drops and lucky drops that streamers get...up for debate now as legit or not? Since you can clearly manipulate specific accounts into 'privelage'.

Again, others may be in the know more than me knowing that streamers were being paid by GGG to play the game. I didnt know that. Knowing that, with the priority they were given, and the potential for their loot to be upped in the interest of content... I really dont want to play path of exile. And it could be a hard pass for me on POE2.

Guys, we give other developers so much shit for dropping the ball on their launches due to technical. GGG had both a major technical issue and a PR issue. I have loved POE for years as seen by my supporter pack purchases. But this is a tough one to swallow.

And lastly, while this isnt something im advocating for... people have been screaming for a reset. Def ears. Its too late now. But yesterday 1-2 hours into the league would have been the best. Downtime IS ok GGG. You could have fixed your server issues, reset the league, removed the priority and gotten in front of this PR nightmare.

Logging off of POE for a while, perhaps until next league or POE2. I dont even know. Taking my time and $$ elsewhere for a bit.

Exactly +1
"
cesmode wrote:
Im at a loss for words.

I could care less about the technical, it happens. Albeit, you are years into your game and still have issues like this?

Regardless...

The streamer priority is what disgusts me completely. Its one thing for a developer to say "Hey heres some money, play 2 hours, sponsored stream". Its another to pay big streamers money, who already play your game, and give them priority in a crisis. And I could be wrong but I dont think I saw a '#ad' in any title. I could be wrong, but you paid, they played, they got in priority, and no one knew they were being paid. At least I didnt.

This is honestly the first time Im hearing that streamers are being paid to play at your league launches (all to hype up your game and get viewership). Or maybe Im oblivious to titles. Continuing with that thought, it is now NOT far fetched to say that you up their streamer RNG / loot drops. Its all been a meme up until now, but its very viable. All the big loot drops and lucky drops that streamers get...up for debate now as legit or not? Since you can clearly manipulate specific accounts into 'privelage'.

Again, others may be in the know more than me knowing that streamers were being paid by GGG to play the game. I didnt know that. Knowing that, with the priority they were given, and the potential for their loot to be upped in the interest of content... I really dont want to play path of exile. And it could be a hard pass for me on POE2.

Guys, we give other developers so much shit for dropping the ball on their launches due to technical. GGG had both a major technical issue and a PR issue. I have loved POE for years as seen by my supporter pack purchases. But this is a tough one to swallow.

And lastly, while this isnt something im advocating for... people have been screaming for a reset. Def ears. Its too late now. But yesterday 1-2 hours into the league would have been the best. Downtime IS ok GGG. You could have fixed your server issues, reset the league, removed the priority and gotten in front of this PR nightmare.

Logging off of POE for a while, perhaps until next league or POE2. I dont even know. Taking my time and $$ elsewhere for a bit.

It's not too late for a reset... literally 50% or more is saksing for it right now...
Ever made a mistake?
I do it all the time!

Content is cool so far though so there is that and also Chris said "Fuckery" and that made my entire day and its only 6am
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
#ResetTheLeague

GGG should Reset the league,

Its the right thing to do
Thank you for the transparency.
#resettheleague
I deleted all of my characters except for my last two characters in Ritual a few days ago. I also played both of them in Standard for an hour or so to test a few things out. And I had a 1-2 hour wait at league start. So the very first thing Chris said was incorrect in this statement.

And it wasn't disconnects every 10 minutes, man I would have killed for that. It was disconnects virtually every time into a new zone, timeout in every town etc.

I do not bring this up to vent, I bring this up because it is perfectly clear that Chris does not understand what really occurred yesterday. And I could care less about streamer priority even though it is obviously important to most people.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Apr 17, 2021, 9:12:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info