Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

"
vexray wrote:
This is what happens when you try to please the elite few and not the entire community.

I've been critical about this for quite a While.

Serve the few... fuck the rest.

Good post vexray!
"
vexray wrote:
Honestly this whole fiasco is a spit in the communities face. Preferential treatment will always cause discord. Members like myself who have been here since the very beginning can see these patterns for what they are and the damage they cause to the community is oftentimes unfixable.

Looks like Ill be holding off on sending any more money to Tencent/GGG because honestly enough is enough. There needs to be better transparency and a server restart. You guys constantly hold tournaments and achievements for being "first" at something and you have literally taken that ability away from the community and handed it to streamers on a silver platter. This is what happens when you try to please the elite few and not the entire community. I seen it happen with FreeJam and Robocraft and now I get to watch one of my favorite games of all times go down in the dumpsterfire it caused itself.

Sorry, you wont be getting any more money from me.

I bet you wont stick to this and pay them as soon as stuff stabilizes.
If they are going to reset the league , they need to do it soon before more damage is done.

Waiting like this is beyond stupid, and only compounds the PR nightmare the league has been.

If they are not restarting , they need to show some pretty convincing numbers regarding how many have been affected by the server issue vs not.

"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
I deleted all of my characters except for my last two characters in Ritual a few days ago. I also played both of them in Standard for an hour or so to test a few things out. And I had a 1-2 hour wait at league start. So the very first thing Chris said was incorrect in this statement.

So do I.
And i basically was able to play 45 minutes on the first 5 hours of league start.
Personally I feel as though the trade league should be cleansed and restarted.

W/O pointing fingers and sarcasm I say make the
trade league to be as fair as possible. No perks.

They've had a league launch this bad before.

They didn't reset the league then.

They won't reset it now, and to think they will is stupid.
"
Saristas wrote:
"
vexray wrote:
Honestly this whole fiasco is a spit in the communities face. Preferential treatment will always cause discord. Members like myself who have been here since the very beginning can see these patterns for what they are and the damage they cause to the community is oftentimes unfixable.

Looks like Ill be holding off on sending any more money to Tencent/GGG because honestly enough is enough. There needs to be better transparency and a server restart. You guys constantly hold tournaments and achievements for being "first" at something and you have literally taken that ability away from the community and handed it to streamers on a silver platter. This is what happens when you try to please the elite few and not the entire community. I seen it happen with FreeJam and Robocraft and now I get to watch one of my favorite games of all times go down in the dumpsterfire it caused itself.

Sorry, you wont be getting any more money from me.

I bet you wont stick to this and pay them as soon as stuff stabilizes.

Nah, this isnt the type of slap in the face you can just wash off the dirt with a towl. This has lasting impressions and the amount of irrefutable proof of treatment during problems is likely going to keep me away for a long time. I skipped last league because I simply didnt enjoy it, Ill likely skip this league now over the drama thats unfolded.

Short of them reseting the servers, I doubt any other reason would bring me back, sad but true =(

While there are many players who have supported this game over the years and will still intend to play it, it makes it very difficult to want to provide money to a company not willing to hold true to their original motto of free and fair. I paid into this game because it has been no P2W and there was no verifiable favoritism or perferential treatment, but I cannot justify sending money to a company who will simply sweep problems like this under a rug and "hope people will forget it happened"

If they were still doing the "first to 100" and rewarding people for doing things "first" then Im sure we would see a whole lot more complaints than we already have. No one wants to try to win a laptop for example, against a team of streamers who have already been able to play for hours while you sit and watch them win it. Atleast give me the false hope I could win something.
Last edited by vexray on Apr 17, 2021, 9:20:59 AM
thank you for update
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
I have invested a fair bit of money into this game and company over the past 7 1/2 years, and have enjoyed this game immensely. However, due to todays' actions and decisions of GGG staff at many levels, I can definitively say I will not be opening my pocketbook ever again. I have lost complete faith in their integrity.

Many of you are going to slam me saying this is a F2P game, and technically you are correct. However.....if it wasn't for our opening our pocketbooks to buy MTX's.....PoE wouldn't exist! So the money we pay is an investment into the company; in return we hope for, nay, expect stable content with some degree of moral integrity, both which was sorely lacking today.

If there is a league restart, I may play Ultimatum.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Thanks.

Please don't do rollback.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info