[3.18] Aziire's Cold Reap Inquisitor - Revived for 2022 | Sentinel League Starter

been playing this build since the league launch and as an experienced player I can say that without having a lot of currency this build sucks pretty bad, the survivability is an atrocity and doing maps is a struggle as the damage is nothing impressive either, new skills super sadge
So whats the best 6links?
on guide is one on pob is another
"
thiccdicclicc wrote:
been playing this build since the league launch and as an experienced player I can say that without having a lot of currency this build sucks pretty bad, the survivability is an atrocity and doing maps is a struggle as the damage is nothing impressive either, new skills super sadge

I've been having a bunch of issues with survivability w/o the uniques as well. :(

Might have to pick up another build until I can get the stuff I need
So first off, leveling this build, easy and fun, you'll enjoy it until about act 8+.. you'll still kill but you'll notice you die almost twice as fast what you're killing.

Skip to maps: Same thing, you can one hit packs most of the time - bosses take a few more swings...not very OP. but you'll just get smacked and die over and over.

If anyone finds a way to fix this, will be greatly appreciated.
"
Stormzerker wrote:
So first off, leveling this build, easy and fun, you'll enjoy it until about act 8+.. you'll still kill but you'll notice you die almost twice as fast what you're killing.

Skip to maps: Same thing, you can one hit packs most of the time - bosses take a few more swings...not very OP. but you'll just get smacked and die over and over.

Run scion. 1.3k hop in a3. Not amazing dps on a 4link, but I do have the clear support slotted instead of pure dps.

The only time I fail ultimatums is when I don’t pay attention to the timer.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
Ryvont wrote:
What items characteristics are in priority?

Chaos Resistance, Elemental Resistance, Maximum Life, Maximum Energy Shield and STR for Stat reasons. We use a lot of uniques so I ignore trying to scale damage on our few rares that we have.

"
Sgt_Cookie2 wrote:
I have a newbie question: What sort of filter settings does this build want? I've only been playing since last league, really, so I don't know what to be doing in that regard. (Compounded by the fact that every tutorial I've found is how to literally make a loot filter, rather than what sort of settings you want to adjust.)

I just use the very generic Neversink filters. These do a good job of giving you everything you need. We don't really look for items for our build on the ground, the easiest way to acquire them is through trade.

"
LudoGisa wrote:
Is there anyway to apply bleed/ignite to tougher enemies for the Vulconus bonus? (I know the build doesn't use the dot portion, but there is almost 200% increased damage sitting on the table, if just the enemy is bleeding and ignited).

Can anyone think of a clever way to make that happen at least for bosses?

I haven't thought of ways to scale bleed for spells as it seemed like it would be annoying and unintuitive. We will be igniting with our crits regardless so we get that benefit.

"
BlightBoy17 wrote:
I have one question, how do you deal with chaos damage?
is max chaos resist + chaos damage from 2k+ mana pool is enough?

It should be. I also plan to be using an Endruing Mana flask to help sustain. Chaos damage is usually prolonged so we can act on it quickly once we notice our Mana dying.

"
Dmillz wrote:
Seems really good overall!

With only 2 casts/second you need to stand still for over 3 seconds (echo is a single stack) before you get full benefit out of Intensify, this will basically never happen against any hard content.

Yeah Spell Echo feels like pure shit. I have instead opted to use Unleash instead. This is a great alternative.

"
gokudin wrote:
OK I'll try it hhehehe but bf + bb will be if it fails

Looks really great

A plan that is always viable, I like the plan B options :D

"
Puschkîn wrote:
really wanna try this build and thanks for the detailed explanation ;))

Waiting queue of 52k people rn. Once i start definetly goes for it.

I do try :) and yeah the server queues were very rough.

"
Uraweirdo wrote:
Aside from queue simulator 2021, I like exanguinate for levelling until we can pick up reap. So far its in a 3L with Life Tap and Efficacy and its doing pretty well. Vitality and pots sustain the cost.

I used Reap > Spellslinger > Exsanguinate > Physical to Lightning and it worked beautifully. The Efficacy support is also a great option.

"
Elloktrik wrote:
So many streamers play Scion Reap and it looks super strong. No idea about the clear tho

Scion Reap is best for trying to scale the Physical DoT as well. It is a great alternative, and probably the slightly better variant. I just like big hit memes so we went with this build :D.

"
noobtoexile wrote:
my 1st templar..im going with this...

I hope it works out, I have faith. Be gentle with me :)

"
Craydon wrote:
I have started today one Inquisitor levelling with Purifying flames. Just tried to switch to Reap spellslinger but it feels terrible at least at level 45-50 if you use it with Frenzy + Faster attacks.
You cast one Reap for every 2 frenzy attacks so there is a big gap in between.No way to do the event that way.
I am sticking to Purifying flames to get more levels and some equipment but I don´t think spellslinger when levelling is the way to go.

I personally loved the Spellslinger setup, but I switched to self cast once I got Battlemage. Grab a Bloodreaper and you will be sweeeet. 100 Maximum Life, 20 Life Regen per second and huge damage. The Ultimatum events are rough that is for sure.

"
Freakap wrote:
Spellslinger Reap is very good for leveling actually.. Reap itself is very trash as a skill when you use it alone so how do I switch to BF/BB now? xD

Watch Big Ducks BF + BB Inquisitor Guide. It is a really informative guide and an easy switch from our build.

"
PoopyAmen wrote:
you can't infllict bleeding when avatar of fire is on though

We can't inflict bleed but we don't need to. The damage we get from the weapon is insane regardless.

"
TheNukes wrote:
After you get Instruments of Virtue, the Spellslinger Reap/Exsanguinate combo works very nicely with a Twyzel. At level 39 my unbuffed tooltip Reap DPS is 1500, Exsanguinate is 1800.

I didn't even think of using a Twyzel, I got monkey brain and just went straight for big weapons :D. Awesome suggestion though, I will probably put it in the guide later for those that want to keep Spellslinging until Maps.

"
Smilodon999 wrote:
idk what the exact damage difference would work out to, but I've swapped spell echo for spell cascade and it feels really good. the way reap aoe works is that there's always a dead spot directly under the cursor, so cascade helps a lot. Anyone else tried this?

Spell Cascade felt great for clear but was pretty rough on the single target. The dead zone is very awkward. I personally started using Unleash and it is a great alternative to Spell Echo.

"
This is my league starter, and I'm at LVL 53. So far so good! :)

Feels a bit squishy, but I can feel it has some more potential...

Incrementally upgrade your gear whenever you can. Take use of the Levelling Gear section it is great. Ultimatums are super rippy and will hurt us regardless. Getting Discipline setup helped me a lot as well as CWDT.

"
LudoGisa wrote:
Wow, spell cascade actually makes it feel really good.

I'm still a bit underwhelmed with the damage of reap so far though. It really doesn't feel that strong considering the limited clear, and the fact that we have to invest so much into just being able to use it without killlng ourselves.

Ngamahu's Flame and Avatar of Fire made the damage instantly feel so much better. Hold out and believe :D incremental upgrades are always good when building a character.

"
gokudin wrote:
Using Spell Cascade and Unleash the Rap became great at early maps, without it i cant play it was just too clucky how the scythe works

When I get my 5L going I will see how this works. For me Unleash is doing enough work with Intensify, but I am not in Maps yet.

"
NieRBit wrote:
Really good build, i league started with it and it's a blast, nice waifu gacha too

Stay away form my ladies REEEEEEEEEEEE

"
MrSneakyFox wrote:
exsanguinate absolutely feels better than reap, unfortunately.

Exsanguinate is an awesome skill but I am enjoying a lot Reap personally. Ngamahu's and Avatar of Fire really beefed it out.

"
thiccdicclicc wrote:

I'm not quite in Maps yet but I find even the 1c purchases are making a world of differene. I will update once I hit maps though D:

"
ChrismaU wrote:
So whats the best 6links?
on guide is one on pob is another

The Path of Building link in my latest video (and pretty sure it is the same one in the guide) are the best to refer to. I have been updating them when I can.

"
iMarluxia wrote:
"
thiccdicclicc wrote:

I've been having a bunch of issues with survivability w/o the uniques as well. :(

Might have to pick up another build until I can get the stuff I need

Sadge, I will be in Maps soon so let me get there and figure out how scuffed it is D: I'm sorry if you have lost hope in the build.

"
Stormzerker wrote:

We are definitely having a bit of survivability issues. I find grabbing Discipline + CWdT saved me a lot. I am still getting to Maps myself so will have a better update soon.
Yeah, same issue with maps. I basically kill myself on bosses and run out of health potions, even if nothing hits me.

I suspect builds that need to spam Reap are non-viable without Spellslinger. Corrupting Fever might also work, since you don't have to spam Reap.

EDIT: This is such a big issue that I can barely do certain T2 map bosses. It may be good with all the uniques, but it's absolutely not a good starter.
Last edited by dauphic on Apr 18, 2021, 5:05:16 AM
I have some tips for the maps : Do some chaos recipe to grabe approximately 30 chaos and buy Nigamahu's Flame, The Ivory tower (4 link/5 link) and if you want Doryan'is invitation.

Nigamahu's Flame with avatar of fire will really increased your damage
The Ivory tower with a arrogance support and herald of hash will reserved 55% of your life. That's proc low lif node and increased your energy shield, with heart of Flame is really good
Doryan'is invitation for some res and lif leach.

Use Viatly Discipline and herald of purity as your aura mana and for the rest use rare gear with res and life and it will be smooth on the early map.

My only interrogation is the intensify - spell echo link on reap. I think you can find a better link for the reap.

I have really enjoy this build so far, thanks :)

"
Starque wrote:
I have some tips for the maps : Do some chaos recipe to grabe approximately 30 chaos and buy Nigamahu's Flame, The Ivory tower (4 link/5 link) and if you want Doryan'is invitation.

Nigamahu's Flame with avatar of fire will really increased your damage
The Ivory tower with a arrogance support and herald of hash will reserved 55% of your life. That's proc low lif node and increased your energy shield, with heart of Flame is really good
Doryan'is invitation for some res and lif leach.

Use Viatly Discipline and herald of purity as your aura mana and for the rest use rare gear with res and life and it will be smooth on the early map.

My only interrogation is the intensify - spell echo link on reap. I think you can find a better link for the reap.

I have really enjoy this build so far, thanks :)

This really helped my survivability! Not currently using Ivory Tower, but with Vitality, Discipline, Herald of Purity, and Herald of Ash, Ngamahus, and Doryanis, this is feeling pretty good. Also switched Spell Echo for Unleash and it feels a lot better
"
KalixRajah wrote:
This really helped my survivability! Not currently using Ivory Tower, but with Vitality, Discipline, Herald of Purity, and Herald of Ash, Ngamahus, and Doryanis, this is feeling pretty good. Also switched Spell Echo for Unleash and it feels a lot better

Glad if it helped you :3

For the gem setup i have curently Reap/Controlled Destruction/Elemental Focus/Unleash/spell Cascade.
This is so smooth on the mob pack (better than exsanguinate è_é) and massive dammage on the boss.

I have drop intensify on the link and the passif tree (replace with Arcan Expanse) beacuause i think in the eraly game, this is too risky to stay stationary and prok the intensify with only 5k life. Maybe in the late game i will go back to intensify with a 8-9K life pool.
Last edited by Starque on Apr 18, 2021, 9:53:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info