Whirling Blades

do you need 2 b;ades 2 perform this skill?
it might have to do with the constant desyncing that is occuring in these early stages of the beta i imagine it can only get better
Greatness at any cost -Dark Confidant
Having the same problem, damage is only ~20% because I don't hit a thing with 93% hit chance.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
cautioncones wrote:
it might have to do with the constant desyncing that is occuring in these early stages of the beta i imagine it can only get better

The desyncing isn't so bad that it should cause a pretty straight-forward AoE attack like Whirling Blades to suddenly miss altogether. I think the hitbox is bugged, and not following the player's path.

EDIT: Actually, maybe it is the occasional desync. It seems to be hitting a lot more reliably now that the servers are stable.

I still feel the hitbox could be a little bigger, though.
Last edited by XCodes on Jan 30, 2013, 12:36:33 PM
"
XCodes wrote:
"
cautioncones wrote:

The desyncing isn't so bad that it should cause a pretty straight-forward AoE attack like Whirling Blades to suddenly miss altogether. I think the hitbox is bugged, and not following the player's path.

EDIT: Actually, maybe it is the occasional desync. It seems to be hitting a lot more reliably now that the servers are stable.

I still feel the hitbox could be a little bigger, though.

Actually the desync is very strong especially with this skill.
Whirl in a cave = dead most of the time, whirl in tight spaces( City of Sarn) = dead
The spell is only usefull in wide open areas, where it doesnt matter if you lag or not.
What bugs me most about this skill is the low damage, i mean is that ability really only usable to escape?
Im kinda sick of whirling through mobs (-10 level) for ages until they are dead.
"
pdbee wrote:
Im kinda sick of whirling through mobs (-10 level) for ages until they are dead.

My record is 9 rounds WW into a mob pack without any damage ..... (92% hit chance).
And damage is pretty low, needs an AoE-buff also.

Not fun to play with acutally (sadly).
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Jan 31, 2013, 11:11:15 PM
This skill currently has 95 dps listed for me, while dual strike is at 1500 dps. Why does the damage of this skill even increase with levels? As far as I can tell, there is no point in leveling it.
"
Calamari wrote:
This skill currently has 95 dps listed for me, while dual strike is at 1500 dps. Why does the damage of this skill even increase with levels? As far as I can tell, there is no point in leveling it.

The tooltip is completely wrong and shouldn't be used as a measure to compare the skills. Just look at it, look at the casting time, is it even close to what it really is? Mine says 1.58secs attack, it's a 9% quality WB with a lvl 18 Faster Attacks and a bunch of attack speed as passives(not that many though), it casts in under .5secs. So right away you can tell the tooltip is broken. It does 80% of your main hand, the damage listed should be correct. It's up to you to estimate how long it takes to cast and calculate an average DPS. The cast time is broken so you can't get an accurate DPS figure on the tooltip that's all.

As for Dual Strike it's almost always going to do more damage than almost everything, because it's one of the strongest ability especially if you're using damage auras or +flat damage items like rings/amulets/gloves and such.

WB is a great ability, it's an awesome movement ability and does reasonable damage, it's not main aoe material but coupled with traps or a totem, it does the job alright while also massively reducing damage taken due to avoiding most attacks in the process.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 2, 2013, 5:36:23 PM
First I'd like to say that this skill is my favorite skill in the game, as a claw shadow with blood magic, it makes surviving an enormous group of mobs much easier.

With that said, my only issue with it is quite often, when I press E and cast it my character will not do the ability and instead run where my mouse is pointed at and auto attack, which isn't even one of the 8 abilities I have ready to use. Every time this happens while taking out a huge amount of mobs, I die. Is there any way for me to fix this or is this a bug I'll just have to wait to be patched?
The missing issue is definitely due to desyncs between the server and your client and not a bug in the skill itself. It is the same with cleave I am using for life leech on my duelist. The monsters you see standing in a heap are actually positioned differently on the server. Until the desync problem is reduced, area skills will not be as effective as you would think them to be. This is especially true when you rely on life leech with them. Single target skills do not have this problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info