Whirling Blades

i am also using dual wielding claws. I'm starting to think the skill is just bugged atm when dual wielding. I know it can be blocked, but then again, so can viper strike, and it hardly ever (if ever) happens.

I honestly think it's glitched, we will need some official word on that. If WB is working as intented, then it suddenly lost it's use as a AoE and just serves as a decent escape
i feel like my tooltip for this skill is broken... it says 91% hit but ill go through a pack and not hit them multiple times. and it also says it does like 25 dps when i do hit someone i know it does more than that. any explination?
Greatness at any cost -Dark Confidant
I cant even break pots half the time when I use it. Sometimes I get all of them in 1 go, sometimes it takes 2-3 times before they get destroyed, weird.
It may be due to a bug, or due to design, but I feel like the hitbox on this skill is just really small. Much smaller than the animation. I can reliably hit things if I stand RIGHT next to them and attack RIGHT through them, but landing a shot on them when closing or moving near them is sketchy at best.
Whirling Blades feels very weak and doesnt seem to hit often at all. It became blindingly obvious for me that the skill isnt usable as a damage source by end of normal Act 2. Many people seem to have already mentioned that the hitboxes of the ability seem to be very small.
I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!! you need accuracy... the tooltip lies!!! it says its low dmg which its not and it says it hits often which it lies more so... i got accuracy in the passive skill tree and i also got accuracy support gem and i hit most all of the time! combined with attack speed... i am tearing up champion packs with ease! if you wanna see it in action i will be streaming path of exile for a while twitch.tv/cautioncones... on a short break atm but il be doing it pretty much all day so check me out! im lvl 45
Greatness at any cost -Dark Confidant
I liked the buff, feels more appropriate now but still think this should benefit from dual wielding. I don't know about making it your main spam skill though, it's still subject to desync and the weird issue where you don't hit anything(which might be linked to desync) but I find it useful for movement and for engaging archers/casters with a solid damage burst while also damaging all melee mobs on my way, prefer it to flicker.
I don't know about you guys. But I whirling blades through a 8-10 mobs, I only notice only 1 will turn blue from being hit with my frost DMG. while i run up and clean up, i've also noticed that.... 90% of the mobs have taken NO damage.

Same deal if i whirling braldes through a pack of mobs 2-3 times. i've find that the skill is bugged. I think only like hit chance is reversed. I rarely see this skill landing on anything.

Considering the amount of mana this skill consumes, don't you think it should hit more frequent? or at least if the skill is going to MISS all the time. lower the mana consumption greatly.
Have the same problem as a dual wielding claw ranger. I will WB through a pack and only a couple will get hit. Cleaning up with Dual strike, some have taken ZERO damage after 6 spams.
Dam...I'm glad I'm not the only person having this problem, but its sad to hear. I'm definitely experiencing a similar issue with it not hitting very often. I was actually trying to figure out what stat makes it scale because it wasn't doing damage...but I guess it makes sense if it isn't hitting the target, which is unfortunate for the build im using on my shadow. Now I'm wondering if I need to respec some X_X

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info