Whirling Blades

Does this ability work with elemental status debuffs? I've been trying to ignite mobs using it, but it doesn't seem to work without an ignite support gem. However, cold damage does seem to chill enemies regardless.
Ignite, Freeze and Shock only trigger on Crits (unless you have Chance to Inflict from support gems or passives); Chill triggers on any hit with sufficient Cold damage. Whirling Blades can crit just fine.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 28, 2012, 1:38:12 PM
Is that a known issue, when you hit slightly an obstacle, that the animation itself will stop, while you still move forward for the rest of the fixed distance?

I have not tested, if the damage is still dealt, while "out of animation" completing the rest of the fixed distance.

Any thoughts on a whirling blades (or in that case, any charging ability) with toggle-key?
Because, to only be able to move straight forward for a fixed distance seems chunky and sometimes not good/useful in small/finy areas with many obstacles.
really lackluster skill. yes, it is understood that its primary purpose is mobility, but like someone said a few posts above, there's really not even a reason to level this seeing how the damage upgrades are negligible.

could stand to be buffed a little bit in some way, at least when it comes to leveling up the skill providing some sort of interesting bonus. maybe faster casting/animation if you intend to keep it purely a mobility skill.

I personally think it could stand to do a little more damage.
Path of PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
Last edited by Noobshock on Jan 9, 2013, 8:03:41 AM
"
Noobshock wrote:
[...] could stand to be buffed a little bit in some way, at least when it comes to leveling up the skill providing some sort of interesting bonus. maybe faster casting/animation if you intend to keep it purely a mobility skill.

I agree. The skill was designed for Mobility, yet the same mobility is provided at Lvl. 1 to Lvl. 20. As is levels, it should give more mobility, not straight up damage increase. It causes players to simply not level the gem.

Instead of providing extra physical damage when leveling up the gem, how about increasing the Player's Attack speed by 1% per gem Lvl. for like 2 seconds. Additionally, this buff could stack up to 3 times. This means that the skill animation will become faster with subsequent casts. A sort of wind-up ability.

The player gets more "damage" and "mobility" as he levels the gem through the means of Attack Speed.
Last edited by Thunderpeach on Jan 10, 2013, 5:23:03 PM
With the skill getting buffed to 80% weapon damage from 60% weapon damage, do you guys see this viable for aoe damage? I think so, provided you don't desync yourself to much.
Here are the changes I'd like to see to this skill:
- Damage effectiveness 70% (from 60%).
- Can be used with dual-wield simultaneously, with a 40% damage reduction (Wolverine says "snikt!")
- Movement works the same as the Shield Charge skill (although damage does not); you can do just about as long of a Whirling Blades as you'd like, moving through anything in the way and dealing damage. Movement speed starts at a 50% increase and increases with level.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Totally disagree that this was only intended as a mobility skill. The damage is terrible it needs to take into account offhand weapon and only useable by claw dagger users. Need an aoe option for my physical damage dual claw shadow!
"
Thunderpeach wrote:
"
Noobshock wrote:
[...] could stand to be buffed a little bit in some way, at least when it comes to leveling up the skill providing some sort of interesting bonus. maybe faster casting/animation if you intend to keep it purely a mobility skill.

I agree. The skill was designed for Mobility, yet the same mobility is provided at Lvl. 1 to Lvl. 20. As is levels, it should give more mobility, not straight up damage increase. It causes players to simply not level the gem.

Instead of providing extra physical damage when leveling up the gem, how about increasing the Player's Attack speed by 1% per gem Lvl. for like 2 seconds. Additionally, this buff could stack up to 3 times. This means that the skill animation will become faster with subsequent casts. A sort of wind-up ability.

The player gets more "damage" and "mobility" as he levels the gem through the means of Attack Speed.

I also agree with this. As it currently stands it is a mobility skill only. It does damage but that damage is negligible compared to other skill gems the same level.

Also the buff idea could be cool.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Is this skill affected by duration mods such as +skill duration% on the passive tree, or the support gem? After reading how IAS affects its animation, move distance, and recovery I'm assuming the answer is no.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info