Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

SSF will be a lot less fun now for me. Came back after a few leagues off, burnt out on spending all my mental energy on trades and pricing. I was having a really fun time building really aspirational gear for characters I was planning, and it's been pretty engaging, if difficult solo. Playing solo, it can take a couple days of hard farming to get the specific craft you need.

But this sort of nerf means that my builds have peaked. After this league ends, it's unlikely any of my characters will feel as good, will be as well geared, or be as much fun to theory-craft for.

Back to ED/Cont for every league I suppose, if SSF is even fun to play for me now that so many other builds will be impossible without the ability to craft or trade.

I have no real idea how the trade-league meta has been affected by harvest in it's current implementation, but SSF has become more accessible than ever. My SSF experience has been amazing this league, and that is largely due to the current version of Harvest.

SSF is almost entirely based around the rare gear you can craft, because you are never able to guarantee you'll get specific uniques in a league. Removing our best avenue to having good gear in SSF feels like the solo community was not considered in these changes.

TL:DR; Big SSF yikes, probably won't play
Last edited by lestrike on Mar 10, 2021, 7:20:39 PM
So basically ignore harvest.

You can't balance it, you can't stop a single discord server from overtaking the entire economy of the league so better over nerf it.

Brilliant.

(not really.)

Another thing to add here is that this is the same way when you nerf builds/gems/ascendencies but keep buffing fucking monsters.

This is yet another player nerf. How many times are you going to keep nerfing players devs? set everyone to 1 hp and 1 es on league and never gain a single point of life/es and let it be all damage.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Mar 10, 2021, 7:20:37 PM
this is so bad tbh. Hope this wont touch asian servers, ill deal with 250 ping. You are pleasing only 0.1%, vast minority of players, of specifically HC players, that wanna flex their game knowledge by nerfing everrything.

playing since tormented league, and never been so happy as i was in harvest league creating items, cause i just like to craft items, create new beatiful stuff, the process is what i like. I skipped Heist, cause you removed harvest from it. Now im gonna quit the game, since you listen only haters and tryharders (very vast minority) that plays 10h+ a day, and wants to keep their hegemonia of being top players.

If you want to make game more beginner friendly, to have more people playing, u wont do that changes to plaese this 0.1% tryharders

anyways, hope asian servers will stand, and harvest will be buffed there.
Last edited by kostyaq on Mar 10, 2021, 7:22:20 PM
Nerfed? More like decapitated.
based
This game has officially died.
As a casual POE player. Harvest has made my time in the game much more enjoyable.

Big sad.

Rip harvest.

I doubt I will spend as much time playing 3.14 as I did with ritual.
I'll just sum it up. I am not happy at all with this decision.

I just got back. Just found out how fun harvest crafting/farming is, and you just had to take it away. There's people out there that really thought they had to use all the say, fire res to cold res crafts or they were being wasteful? I don't believe that makes up a majority of the community, not for one second.

Crafting a ring I was working on all yesterday, you know, it can take up all my money even with harvest and without harvest I wouldn't even able to attempt it. Because I know how many failures there will be involved in normal crafting and I just don't have the currency/time. Instead I was able to look at the carefully planned harvest crafts as an investment in my character, and portion funds towards the crafts I would need in the correct order I would need them.

Harvest adds complexity/depth to the game, it gives me one of the few reasons I've ever had to want to interact with other players in the game, and it allows less advanced players to for once actually get a glimpse of what it's like to use good crafted items.

Fun detected, Must delete Fun.
So we are back to slam exalts with a 0,4% chance to get the right mod with the right tier. WOW. THATS EXCITING. no its not.

Thanks for nothing!
how is craft trading not the #1 priority over this nerf? i cant even have someone add a bench craft without having to trust they wont just yoink the item. its not fun and its long overdue. add a craft trading window to the game please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info