Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Well alright, time to stop wasting time on harvest then lol. The prices of these crafts are gonna go down. No way to trade them reliably still too huh.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
Last edited by Erseii on Mar 10, 2021, 7:12:18 PM
I have 2 objections

A) Poe became so complex lately regarding character customization that harvest is simply NEEDED to allow lots of these niches to even exist. To say otherwise, harvest allows sub-par ideas to be at least slighty competitive with the meta. It allows creativity, or even encourage it.

B) You, as a company, should really start considering and, above all, respecting the time of your average customers. The normal player doesn't "exalt' anything or if he does I can guarantee you that the last thing he's looking for is the "thrill" of possibly ruining an item.

I did some crafting this league and the average cost for a "perfect" item that doesn't include many "special-untargettable mod combos" goes 20-150 ex in most cases. 20 ex are A LOT for 99% of the playerbase, but at least now they get some gratification for their efforts.

I highly suggest you guys to reconsider this change.

[Removed by Support] If you think it's fun, run builds that are copied so you can run 1,000 maps and end up with nothing and you've lost 300 hours without success. Sorry im not sadis. It's again the same reason I quit the game 2 years ago because of fucked up a mechanic that only people playing 24 hours a day can have enought currency to do it.try to understand that there are players that can't do the final content. do you know what it's like to play 500 hours and try to fix your build so you can do engame stuff? my only hope of saving on the perfect stuff is gone. Now the currency is worthless again because I don't have that much, so I cant throw it away for unnecessarily and wasted crafts. this game is now a waste of time. you will never roll perfect item and try it, it's like Sizyfos from Greek mythology. do you think someone will make something? Everyone just saves on the mirror and will copies the most perfect things available. Which will only be possible if you copy the build from someone else. if I can only copy things from others, I don't need to waste time on it. I hope you solve these problems in POE 2. So far, this game feels like a waste of time and money. there is a limit how hard thins can be and when you put wall to high, people just dont even try. now i realy regred i spend money on this game.
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 7:18:47 PM
Disappointed in these changes. Nobody who is good for your games health and longevity asked for nerfs to this league mechanic. I've got literally hundreds of hours this league, and a large part of that has been due to being able to take my hard earned currency and somewhat deterministically craft good end game gear for my builds.

Harvest in its current form (3.13) served to get me interested in crafting for the first time since I started playing (Delve) while I don't care much for having to use a 3rd party Discord community to trade/find these crafts it was ultimately worth the hassle for me.

I am by no means a 1% player, and admittedly I'm still bad at crafting... but when you've got luck as bad as I do.. there's no way I'll consider attempting crafts moving forward.

These changes do nothing but make encountering Harvest disappointing, and ultimately entirely skippable. The deterministic features while being potentially difficult to encounter were what made the mechanic good, you've now stripped that away and turned it into a time waste that I won't consider moving forward.

These changes are BAD, and you've potentially lost a passionate player and customer with them.
These are some sad news for most of us really. I'm sure a lot of people has killed a8 Sirus for the first time in Ritual, run all the breaches, synthesised maps, or a 5 way legion. I personally never had played this much, and if I did now it was thanks to Harvest. Being capable of doing all the content in the game with maybe three or four hours a day of playtime made the league worth sticking to. We have busy lives, between work, taking care of our gf/families, the house etc. You can't realistically expect the majority of the playerbase to play 10 hours a day. I know where GGG is coming from with this approach, but they seem to be oblivious to what the playerbase actually wants and what is a healthy crafting system. Guess the numbers don't mean anything, but try to keep in mind this was an increadibly succesfull league, not only beacuse of harvest, but because the progression in general felt so much smoother. I was even considering trying SSF, but I guess it would be a lot harder now.

Please, reconsider if this is the right choice, aside from your original philosophy. The game has grown so much over the years, and Harvest is the way to deal with the increasingly difficult content. At least that's how I feel
"
Erseii wrote:
Well alright, time to stop wasting time on harvest then lol. The prices of these crafts are gonna go down. No way to trade them reliably still too huh.

time to stop wasting time on this game.
is it too late to have a refund on all the mtx i've bought?
dissapointing, but as we know, GGG always take the fun out of the game, and THEY SHAPE THE GAME FOR THE 0.5% of those tryhard players that play it all day long.
you nerf everything from mirror builds to core mechanics.
change from GGG to NNN nerf nerf nerf.
this some sad news
Not happy about it.
Harvest is the only way for the vast majority of casual players to actually craft something and not to brick the item and waste a bunch of currency.
But it seems that GGG made it their mission to make the game as punishing as possible for casual players and to remove everything that might make them feel in control of what's happening.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
i hope stuff which request thrill form roling items will rolls perfect items in hell with only chaos orbs. so he can fully enjou and apriciate that experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info