Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Xystre wrote:
"
VpGearchin wrote:
thinking like this can lead to a mass exodus of players and paying customers.

They care little as people get overhyped with a trailer anyway and run like a kid desperate for candy to the shop to buy the newest core/league supporter pack.

funny cuz it's true i did for ritual, lmao. this implementation of a nerf is damn sad though.
You guys should focus on what the game drops for loot instead of nerfing the crap out of something that players really enjoy to do. Also it makes the trading market much more intresting. Instead of letting the game dropping the most shit amount of items while mapping (still aint fixed) after years. The team nerfs such a good mechanic in the game.

Honestly a bad call. Hope that peeps wil keep playing the game. You did kinda killed it with this nerf.

GG=was a Good game :)
"
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

what about a game, guy which sugest it will be given 200h playtiem to craft perfect items in a game and if he cant do it he will lose a job.
I really hope you know what you're doing, I have come back after a 2 year break exactly because it was possible and fun to make strong items without playing all day long, a little deterministic craft goes a long way. I agree it was maybe too powerful but don't ruin it by making it almost useless. A lot of people came back for the same reason I did. Top players will have no problems getting those items anyway and the mid level ones like me will be frustrated and eventually stop playing if it's close to impossible again.

We'll see how the new harvest works

Keep up the good work :)
GOOD harvest is dumb and breaks the game so happy to see you guys recognize that but come up with a nice compromise!
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
This is the worst decision you could have made. This league was the most fun I had in years in PoE and it was not because of the new endgame but because of harvest crafting.

All you had to do was to figure out how to balance it better but of course lets just make it worthless again. You should have moved it more in a SSF direction which means where you can only use it yourself without trading crafts / crafted items.

Dischord trade shouldn't exist and I didn't use it but it was fun to craft fitting items for your build for once and it took time when you did it solo without trading.

It just shows how much you are out of touch with most of your player base. It was fun that you always had something to improve. Drops are worthless and there is no progression in your gear. The best part of harvest was that I could craft gear myself and didnt need to trade for gear which is no fun because of your other trade manifesto. Do you actually have one that is pro player fun or do they all have to be against fun by definition?

You should make a game for your players. Your stance of "we know best" gets old.

You seem to don't even understand that most players will never gamble an exalt on an item. Closing your eyes is not the solution and its for sure not exciting. They will use the exalt to trade for items because this will ensure the result and isn't that another of your great manifestos you actually don't want to see? Instead of running maps to find harvests is it better to use a website to filter for items and contact players to trade? What do you think is more fun? To play the game or to spam 20 players until one responds?

Do you even understand that it was fun because it was deterministic and I don't even mean the crafting itself. The fun was in a clear path to upgrade something at all times. Instead of killing it you should embrace it. It was a perfect fit for your seasons where you have to start over all the time. Balance it further if it was too easy but don't destroy it.

If you nerf harvest in this way most "normal" players will be back to trade only.

It all came together nicely this league and I really thought you finally got it and were over your outdated design views and embraced the fact that people will play longer when they have fun which means the options to have more control over their atlas, missions, drop chances, endgame encounters and yes crafting which means a meaningful item progression which doesnt exist in your game currently because your drops don't work and even if they would your socket, colors, links system wouldn't allow constant small upgrades in gear. Getting a harvest here and there with some rolls on items were small upgrades all the time and felt good.

I get that you designed your systems and manifestos this way because there was not enough content at first and you had to keep players busy. But now I would argue that there is more than enough to do even with harvest in the game like it is now.
Lets Just say the game has become harder and harder with each league, with new boss mechanics like Sirus and Maven and the itens too, no wait, itens cannot evolve, lets decapitate it! - GGG development (Poggers)
Metaltex
This will have the opposite outcome than you desire. People like me will go back to never doing end game crafting. No way am I risking an item that took me 2+ weeks of play time with an annual etc. We will use harvest as a way to make money. Sell our rare crafts to the end game crafters and then buy the item we need.

Pre Harvest, crafting was never for your own items. Crafting was something rich folks would do to make items they could sell and make more money. The rest of us would make money to buy the crafted end game gear. I love making my own gear but no way I would ever consider doing it without harvest. The items in this game I value the most are the few items I self crafted because of harvest.

I'm fine with buying stuff others made but it will never fill me with the joy that a self crafted item delivers.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

In all of my years of playing this game, I've never once exalted an item so I do not know this feeling you're talking about. And most of the time you're going to ruin the item anyways because the mod pools is so large.
IGN AnhWitch
GGG post somewhere a couple of stats that demonstrates how avarage players could kill Sirus A8 when the harvest arrives. It's was awesome! That make people who can't play 8~12 h per day feels great about having a good gear craft by themselves. We don't need grind a ridiculous strategy to get some currency to buy a piece of gear produced by 0.01% of the server who can play many many hours per day with big teams... It's a shame that you from GGG doesn't think about the average players, that work in a part-time, take care a family and spent some money in skins that crash the game itself. It's a big shame... Every league I try to skip this game but my investment can't be meanless! I have a little faithless hope that GGG can bring another cool content. Think in ppl who can't play all day long, but spent time and money in your services, plz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info