Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Why couldn't you just make Harvest Crafts untradable? This is terrible news.
Why? The hell did Harvest do to you?
"
"Why would I use a regular Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb when I can get one through Harvest that has a deterministic result?"

We warned you so mamy times about how bad was the idea to create competition to the game currency, and the way to fix this mess with the PoE economy was that Harvest interactions should ask for currency (i.e. Removing XXX mod should require the seed + 3 annuls).

It's been pretty obvious, even before Harvest league release.

You're ruining it.

THIS EXACTLY EVERYBODY GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN FOR THIS SO THEY'LL FUCKING LISTEN AY? COME ON WHOS WITH ME?! READY GO
Best fucking change I have had the pleasure to read.
Just remove tags from influence mods. Problem solved XD
I get that this wasn't The path of exile the developers set out to make.

However, they really need to ask themselves if the path of exile they set out to make is really what the players still want anymore?

this sucks because I finally had gotten to a point over the last few leagues, where I finally was able to start competing against high-end content.

Exalts seem to have stabilized at 100c, which seems fair, and the hardest content still felt challenging and I still have not completed it.

Now all of that is at risk.

It just felt like the last couple of leagues it finally started settling into a good groove, only to have this crap happen...
Pretty frustrating news, you pretty much destroyed the most interesting mechanic in the game, item-wise. There would have been many better solutions than this.

Hope you at least remove the crafting storage cap of 10 from the Horticrafting station?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
the end game harvest craft and harvest trade give me so much fun this league. Craft powerful items by yourself and learn more and more during the process.

Now you kill it. Great, an absolutely GGG way
I will simply stop purchasing any package, so disappointed
These are sad news...

Harvest was THE SINGLE mechanic that made playing SSF viable and fun, the no use on influenced items rule completely destroys any meaning to the existence of this crafting system. I'm truly disappointed.

But hey, maybe I'm just a player "attached to this level of incredibly easy crafting", after all, crafting with alteration orbs is SO MUCH FUN and throwing those 10 exalted orbs that dropped the entire league really makes "the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not" such an incredible experience.

For an SSF player like me who isn't a streamer nor have the time to spend more than 2 hours a day in the game, these news are indeed very sad.

I can't say I'll stop playing, because what else is out there really? But I can't really say I'll enjoy it as much knowing what it once was.
This might genuinely be one of the most out of touch takes I've ever heard from a developer, especially one that's so respected. Hope that this is reconsidered

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info