Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

You guys haven't really experienced crafting unless you've closed your eyes to slam an exalt on an item before.
"
Exdunn wrote:
"
daiverok wrote:
Only one thing, that can do GGG - NERF

Juicy Elementalist and Inquisitor reworks, elevated mods, ~40 skills buffed in 3.13. Yep. All GGG can do is nerf.

Rofl, there were not 40 buffs. Do you not remember the memes? There were about 3 buffs, and 37 jokes.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

ROFL give me the statistics on what percentage of players have EVER exalted an item, let alone do so regularly.

You are removing crafting for the majority of players by removing harvest in a useful form.
GGG im normally on your side with most things, ive been a huge and long time supporter but this is a bad "fix" deterministic like crafting is the only reason i ever got interested in crafting in the first place, as someone who is risk averse ill just go back to just saving to buy gear upgrades i suppose and quit playing sooner as a result of not being able to afford to reach the level id like to reach. i played more in harvest league and this league than other leagues by a long shot thanks to harvest crafting. heist and deli were only comparable because i was super interested in the insane money making that could be achieved to afford buying upgrades i wanted, all other leagues are far behind those 4. removing powerful harvest crafts is a huge mistake.
Poggers. Much needed. Well done to GGG for being brave in the face of pressure.
I would be okay with you just deleting Harvest; it was a mistake to ever let it go core in the first place. This though, this is just utterly inept. Keeping it in the game in a state where it will be useless to the vast majority of players is just adding insult to injury, as well as adding to technical debt, something the game already suffers enough of.

P.S.: The silencing of citicism that's happening in this thread is unacceptable. Delete my post again and I will be reclaiming all my >1000$ of supporter packs.
Really stupid idea. You follow the lead of 0.1% of players, disregarding the opinion of the majority.
I'm not happy about this.
As many other here, from what I read, I enjoyed the Harvest this league. Finally, I could do some meaningful crafts and actually create some powerful items myself. Usually I just have to buy good items and I wouldn't like to return to that completely.

Some questions, from my side:
- if the discord trade is such a problem, why not make harvest crafts into tradable orbs? You could still let a player only have 10 and let us store them in horticraft stations.

- Does any normal player really go so far with crafting that he just uses an exalt hoping for a relevant mod? I'd be interested in the statistics there. Doesn't feel like that's actually the case.

On the positive side:
Reducing the overwhelming amount of crafts that were just ignored sounds nice, as long as you still get the necessary valuable ones.
More gardens instead sounds good too.
I really love the Heart as a fragment-Boss :)

All in all, I hope you reconsider the harshness of the nerf.
Cant say im to happy about this, harvest made interested in crafting. It also helped the budget when upgrading and made prices cheaper on the trade website.
This will impact me more then I'd like but lets see what the next league looks like.
not gonna lie, but i think this is the worst decision i have ever seen a video game dev make. it feels so absurdly out of touch with the playerbase.

casual players finally have an option to actually craft something in the game and make real progress, and the best decision you can come up with is to take all that away immediately just because the top 0,1% of the players can use the system to get mirror tier items quicker than in past leagues?

wtf?

the harvest crafting system is great as is and keeps people motivated to keep playing their characters, without it we're back to quitting 2 weeks into a league, because the only way to get from mediocre to good gear is to farm currency for a month straight just to get a single upgrade.

i was really looking forward to the next league, because the current one was so much fun due to having an actual sense of progression with harvest crafts. i wanted to try going for a more expensive and min-maxed build to try and hit 100 for the first time, but now? this change kinda makes me feel like it ain't even worth bothering to clear the 10 acts again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info