[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

Just found out hydrosphere so i'm tinkering with my iceshot beserker build

this is standard league btw
https://imgur.com/a/wI3UHiO
Last edited by Molochmane on May 3, 2021, 6:59:23 PM
Ah got it, thanks. I'm not sure where my mana issue is right now at level 60 but I cannot use skitterbots. I mean, I can, but I already have 50% of mana reserved and lowering Precision level doesn't affect much of that (it's at 12 now)
Hello,

I am wondering if the following bow I crafted with your updated crafting guide on page 12 really is better than a Death's Opus. I don't know how to link an item so I'll just write it down:

29% imperial bow with ele damage enchant so
14% ele damage from enchant
24% ele damage with attacks

Adds 89 - 151 cold damage
+25% crit multi
+10 life on kill
+ 1 arrow
16% ele pen
32% ele damage with attacks

Hope you can help!
"
Molochmane wrote:

You just need chain for the ice shot + hydrosphere to combo. If it's standard then it shouldn't be hard to find that chain source.

"
RayzTheRoof wrote:
Ah got it, thanks. I'm not sure where my mana issue is right now at level 60 but I cannot use skitterbots. I mean, I can, but I already have 50% of mana reserved and lowering Precision level doesn't affect much of that (it's at 12 now)

The build is running ~90% mana reserve with all the aura combined, you should be fine.

"
UNLOLS wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if the following bow I crafted with your updated crafting guide on page 12 really is better than a Death's Opus. I don't know how to link an item so I'll just write it down:

+25% crit multi
+10 life on kill
+ 1 arrow
16% ele pen

Hope you can help!

For linking the item in the forum, just login to your account in POE website>click post reply on the forum to open the place you want to reply>click on your account character at top left>find the item you want to link, on your char / in stash>left click once.

Anyway you should always check your item as compared to your own build in POB to compare how good is it.

I imported your bow to my own build POB, and it's a 10% more DPS vs a perfect-rolled Death's Opus. However it can be better by switching the crafted mod to %increased phys mod (preferrably >100%, either the basic craft or the veiled craft w. chance to blind). This should give you 12-14% more DPS instead.

A bow that I crafted to test my theory here is a 20% more DPS, for reference sake.

p.s. Would you mind linking your bow and share with the rest of us how much it costed in total?
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on May 4, 2021, 9:44:32 PM

Hi, been having fun with your build but I need some help with my next upgrades. right now my pob says im doing 1.1m total dps and i wanna ramp it up since my boss killing is lacking. What gear should i invest in next?

Also, been testing out barrage vs iceshot+hydro damage and im not sure yet but barrage still takes the cake when it comes to single targets. May be I am doing something wrong.

(No watchers eye, no brutal restraint)
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:

You just need chain for the ice shot + hydrosphere to combo. If it's standard then it shouldn't be hard to find that chain source.

I switched barrage support to anomalous barrage support, helps tremendously haha.

Replying to:
Spoiler
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:

"
RayzTheRoof wrote:

The build is running ~90% mana reserve with all the aura combined, you should be fine.

"
UNLOLS wrote:
Hello,

+25% crit multi
+10 life on kill
+ 1 arrow
16% ele pen

Hope you can help!

For linking the item in the forum, just login to your account in POE website>click post reply on the forum to open the place you want to reply>click on your account character at top left>find the item you want to link, on your char / in stash>left click once.

Anyway you should always check your item as compared to your own build in POB to compare how good is it.

I imported your bow to my own build POB, and it's a 10% more DPS vs a perfect-rolled Death's Opus. However it can be better by switching the crafted mod to %increased phys mod (preferrably >100%, either the basic craft or the veiled craft w. chance to blind). This should give you 12-14% more DPS instead.

A bow that I crafted to test my theory here is a 20% more DPS, for reference sake.

p.s. Would you mind linking your bow and share with the rest of us how much it costed in total?

Thanks for the tip and here's the bow I'm using right now:

I just used a couple perfect fossils and then deafening essences of hatred until I hit +1 arrow. Didn't really cost anything. It came with the crit and life suffix so I just farmed a T4 Aisling in research and got the ele pen. Will try the increased phys craft instead as suggested. And yes I still need to qual my gems. :)
Any reason why you "spec" into claw dmg increases in the top right corner of your posted guide?
"
Phafff wrote:
Any reason why you "spec" into claw dmg increases in the top right corner of your posted guide?

With Lioneye's jewel those nodes get converted into Bow passives so the effects apply in a simmilar manner only that instead of claws, the passives change to "Bow"
"
iamhoro wrote:

Hi, been having fun with your build but I need some help with my next upgrades. right now my pob says im doing 1.1m total dps and i wanna ramp it up since my boss killing is lacking. What gear should i invest in next?

Also, been testing out barrage vs iceshot+hydro damage and im not sure yet but barrage still takes the cake when it comes to single targets. May be I am doing something wrong.

(No watchers eye, no brutal restraint)

3 obvious things I can see is that:
1. You don't have a frenzy / power charge generation
2. No anointments on amulemt
3. No curse on hit ring.

For no.1, it is why ice shots build that uses 2 6L (ice shot and barrage) uses Farrul's Fur to generate those charges consistently. My build uses Hyrri's ire because we have a slot those charges generation. My suggestion is if you want to use barrage for single target then just bring a barrage support gem and do a gem swap whenever.

"
Molochmane wrote:

I switched barrage support to anomalous barrage support, helps tremendously haha.

If you're using pierce then you need to pay more attention for positioning, it's harder to handle than a chain variant.

"
UNLOLS wrote:
Replying to:
Spoiler
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Molochmane wrote:

"
RayzTheRoof wrote:

"
UNLOLS wrote:
Hello,

+25% crit multi
+10 life on kill
+ 1 arrow
16% ele pen

Hope you can help!

Thanks for the tip and here's the bow I'm using right now:

I just used a couple perfect fossils and then deafening essences of hatred until I hit +1 arrow. Didn't really cost anything. It came with the crit and life suffix so I just farmed a T4 Aisling in research and got the ele pen. Will try the increased phys craft instead as suggested. And yes I still need to qual my gems. :)

Then it shouldn't cost you more than 5 ex. Now try to compare similar bows at that price on the market for your own char in POB, and you'll see you crafted it for cheap.

"
Phafff wrote:

"
Skyguard39 wrote:
"
Phafff wrote:

With Lioneye's jewel those nodes get converted into Bow passives so the effects apply in a simmilar manner only that instead of claws, the passives change to "Bow"

Yep, thanks Skyguard for the clarification.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info