[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
CoolCoon wrote:
Hey, just wanted to ask how well does this build perform in Ultimatums at around a 10ex budget? Currently playing a TR Trickster build, and just wondering if the tankiness is around the same (around 80% evasion/dodge). My friend who's played since Legion League told me that Ice Shot Deadeye would be super bad for the league mechanic this league as it can't one shot the mobs and furthermore it's prone to get one shotted. Also, how does this build compare to Elemental Hit?
Just wanted your opinion,
Thanks!

Sorry, won't be able to answer your question. Not following up with the prices of this build's gear much this league, and never played TR trickster to have an opinion (played TR pathfinder though). TR is good because it doesn't require much to get decent DPS, which you can then focus on defense on your gear.

Also never played Ele hit ranger, so again no comment.

"
Osbury wrote:
Hello, thanks for guide.

I am wondering to how to improve this build, i am strugling so much especially with the bosses. Currently I am on T14 maps and I die a lot.

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/yX2D2fff

Update: I did last lab, did annoint, enchanted my boot to add cold damage

Can you help me with how can i progress with that build, what should I first etc.

Thanks for helps.

Please compare your POB and mine and see where is the difference, couldn't go through other people's build as much nowadays.

"
Alexdaikone wrote:

Currently struggle with t16 guards (t16 maps feels smooth) but solo targets rly on next level.
What should i upgrade ?
Also 3.4k life feels horrible.

Amulet anointment and bow upgrade seems the way to go. Not sure about your tree, since with those gears you should be getting around sub-4k hp at least

"
nelsonmai wrote:
Hi, fairly new to POE, but could you explain why the leveling of the claw passive skills in POB? Is it about the mana/life leech?

Those nodes are transformed with the help of Lioneye's Fall jewel socketed in your tree, don't assign points to them until you get one.

My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
"
Item Class: Quivers
Rarity: Unique
Voidfletcher
Penetrating Arrow Quiver
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
Arrows Chain +1 times (implicit)
6 to 76 Added Lightning Damage with Bow Attacks (implicit)
--------
Consumes a Void Charge to Trigger Level 20 Void Shot when you fire Arrows with a Non-Triggered Skill
Adds 32 to 100 Cold Damage to Attacks
+111 to maximum Energy Shield
+29% to Cold Resistance
+26 Mana gained on Kill
30% increased Projectile Speed
5 Maximum Void Charges
Gain a Void Charge every 0.5 seconds
--------
Even emptiness may be harnessed.
--------
Corrupted
--------
Elder Item

Is this corruption ok for the build ? Will 1 chain break something ?

This is probably the best corruption you can get, you can outspec out of the Ascendancy and allocates Far Shot instead. It shouldn't break anything for the build.

"
kan333 wrote:
Some of you who are struggling need to keep something in mind, that is Ice Shot is not a good single target skill. If you watch his videos you'll notice his DPS on bosses is not very good. He makes up for it bit by using Harvest craft items like his bow. Since we don't have Harvest in the same capacity you now have a build that doesn't do single target very well and no way to easily craft items to help it along.

His bow is easily 50-70ex now. His belt is at least 10ex if your lucky. His boots are at least 6-10ex. You guys aren't going to progress the same way he did with Harvest removed and you're going to struggle with single target.

My suggest is take a look at my items or other items on poe.ninja of people who have high DPS with Ice Shot and work from there. If you plan on not running a dual 6L for Barrage then you should be looking to get a high PDPS bow with good crit chance and decent AS. It's the most affordable option and using it with a Dying Sun gets OK results. You want awakened gems, high life items and you'll want to dump some of the uniques for rares with life.

Thanks for the input, I get the feeling that people are playing this build with the expectation of 10m+ DPS easy, when it's a high-investment build to min-max. There's a reason why Ice Shot has not been meta as compared to say Toxic Rain and such.

"
Sorry for being a noob.. But I dont understand what the meelee skill 'frenzy' is doing in this bow build?

Hello, frenzy has both 'melee' and 'bow' tags to it (meaning it can be used with a bow as well). The build uses it to for easy frenzy & power charge generation (when linked with PCoC).

"
I see.. but i dont understand how to implement it? Do you use it in conjunction with ice shot? What is the mechanic of a melee skill in this ranged build?

ALSO I am having a hard time with mana .. when hatred (from amulet) is activated all mana is almost gone..

Your mana sustain is obtained from Soul Raker claw nodes, and preferably a -mana cost ring. If you're talking about maximum mana, have you checked your precision gem level? It should only be high enough for your hitchance to reach 100%, too much level will drain all mana. Also are you using Enlighten & Skitterbots helm enchant? Check the POB and see my mana reservation multiplier for reference.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 29, 2021, 6:09:09 PM

Finished this on a whim, definitely achievable with Aisling.
"
mantol456 wrote:
"
Item Class: Quivers
Rarity: Unique
Voidfletcher
Penetrating Arrow Quiver
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
--------
Item Level: 86
--------
Arrows Chain +1 times (implicit)
6 to 76 Added Lightning Damage with Bow Attacks (implicit)
--------
Consumes a Void Charge to Trigger Level 20 Void Shot when you fire Arrows with a Non-Triggered Skill
Adds 32 to 100 Cold Damage to Attacks
+111 to maximum Energy Shield
+29% to Cold Resistance
+26 Mana gained on Kill
30% increased Projectile Speed
5 Maximum Void Charges
Gain a Void Charge every 0.5 seconds
--------
Even emptiness may be harnessed.
--------
Corrupted
--------
Elder Item

Is this corruption ok for the build ? Will 1 chain break something ?

This is probably the best corruption you can get, you can outspec out of the Ascendancy and allocates Far Shot instead. It shouldn't break anything for the build.

"
kan333 wrote:
Some of you who are struggling need to keep something in mind, that is Ice Shot is not a good single target skill. If you watch his videos you'll notice his DPS on bosses is not very good. He makes up for it bit by using Harvest craft items like his bow. Since we don't have Harvest in the same capacity you now have a build that doesn't do single target very well and no way to easily craft items to help it along.

His bow is easily 50-70ex now. His belt is at least 10ex if your lucky. His boots are at least 6-10ex. You guys aren't going to progress the same way he did with Harvest removed and you're going to struggle with single target.

My suggest is take a look at my items or other items on poe.ninja of people who have high DPS with Ice Shot and work from there. If you plan on not running a dual 6L for Barrage then you should be looking to get a high PDPS bow with good crit chance and decent AS. It's the most affordable option and using it with a Dying Sun gets OK results. You want awakened gems, high life items and you'll want to dump some of the uniques for rares with life.

Thanks for the input, I get the feeling that people are playing this build with the expectation of 10m+ DPS easy, when it's a high-investment build to min-max. There's a reason why Ice Shot has not been meta as compared to say Toxic Rain and such.

"
Sorry for being a noob.. But I dont understand what the meelee skill 'frenzy' is doing in this bow build?

Hello, frenzy has both 'melee' and 'bow' tags to it (meaning it can be used with a bow as well). The build uses it to for easy frenzy & power charge generation (when linked with PCoC).

"
I see.. but i dont understand how to implement it? Do you use it in conjunction with ice shot? What is the mechanic of a melee skill in this ranged build?

ALSO I am having a hard time with mana .. when hatred (from amulet) is activated all mana is almost gone..

Your mana sustain is obtained from Soul Raker claw nodes, and preferably a -mana cost ring. If you're talking about maximum mana, have you checked your precision gem level? It should only be high enough for your hitchance to reach 100%, too much level will drain all mana. Also are you using Enlighten & Skitterbots helm enchant? Check the POB and see my mana reservation multiplier for reference.

I still don’t understand the mechanic behind frenzy? Do you alternate between ice shot and frenzy when you shoot? I feel like frenzy doesn’t deal a lot of damage?
"

I still don’t understand the mechanic behind frenzy? Do you alternate between ice shot and frenzy when you shoot? I feel like frenzy doesn’t deal a lot of damage?

Yes, you don't use it for the damage, only for the frenzy / power charge generation, which lasts 10 sec and refreshes everytime you gain new charge.

Basically just shoot once in a while in between ice shots to maintain your charges.
I was wondering how to craft the dex stacking bow in 3.14 since the harvest mod to add the dmg per 10 dex is no longer available on a influenced item.

I have my 28% quality thicket bow hunter influenced base and would like to hit :

1. cold dmg per 10 dex
2. cold damage to attack
3. fires an additional arrow

I did perfect fossil for quality into Hatred essence spam to hit the adds X - X cold damage and the bow attacks fire an additional arrow and crafted the cold res but I am now stuck with the harvest nerf. I think I might need to try another way right, any ideas ?

I am here for now :

Last edited by paranoid_ch on Apr 30, 2021, 8:11:36 AM
"
paranoid_ch wrote:
I was wondering how to craft the dex stacking bow in 3.14 since the harvest mod to add the dmg per 10 dex is no longer available on a influenced item.

I have my 28% quality thicket bow hunter influenced base and would like to hit :

1. cold dmg per 10 dex
2. cold damage to attack
3. fires an additional arrow

I did perfect fossil for quality into Hatred essence spam to hit the adds X - X cold damage and the bow attacks fire an additional arrow and crafted the cold res but I am now stuck with the harvest nerf. I think I might need to try another way right, any ideas ?

I am here for now :

Try to read page 12/15 of the guide, I've posted an alternative to the cold dex bow craft. It's not as good, but atleast more achievable.

If you insist on having the cold damage per 10 dex then my guess is metacrafting is your best bet, which will be very expensive.
Well i'm willing to invest over 30 ex in this bow anyway so I guess i'll start to alt spamm until I hit my double added arrow / cold damage per 10 dex dual mod then :) Thanks for the answer
"
paranoid_ch wrote:
Well i'm willing to invest over 30 ex in this bow anyway so I guess i'll start to alt spamm until I hit my double added arrow / cold damage per 10 dex dual mod then :) Thanks for the answer

If that's your budget then my suggestion is rather than going for influenced base, try to find a synthesized bow base with implicit of cold damage added per 10 dex already built in, will be much easier to craft on.
I really hope you can help me.. I REALLY dislike the void shot effect (it gives me an headache) BUT I love the build.. I have a well rolled death opus and a corrupted voidfletcher..

If i want to transition to the bow you recommend in the thread (page 12) should I also then shift to Hyrris demise quiver? I really want to get rid of my voidfletcher.
Last edited by Sun_fisher on Apr 30, 2021, 3:47:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info