[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
mantol456 wrote:

If you're using pierce then you need to pay more attention for positioning, it's harder to handle than a chain variant.

It's not that cumbersome actually, i made a slight adjustment and let the totem support do the work :D
Curious how this build is performing for this league? Pretty much finished my jugg and maybe looking into something else and it's between this, int stacking wander, and maybe ele buzz spectral throw.
Last edited by Xarisse on May 5, 2021, 10:32:54 PM
Awesome build!

Decent bow is very expensive this league since harvest is basically gone.
I am not sure cold damage per 10 dex is how important in terms of DPS.
I theory-crafted how to make a bow and not sure it is cost-efficient at all.

1. Spam T1 hatred till hit bow fires an additional arrow

2. Annul everything eles other than flat cold damge and additional arrow

3. Multi mod suffix and prefix cannot be changed

4. Harvest reroll with cold mod

5. Multimod attack speed and ele penetration

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do but it is something.

I have 1 question before I try this build.
Is it necessary to craft - mana cost on ring?
Hello! First of all, I want to thank you for the build, I decided to go for a bow character as my second build of the league and this guide was one of the most valuable sources I´ve found in my search for inspiration and guidance.

I have reach a point in the build where I can do almost everything in the game, I went with an Ice shot + Barrage setup, very smooth mapper and deadly against bosses, although a bit squishy versus the hardest bosses so you die here and there, specially if they are bosses you cant just face tank/one shot in a flask rotation or randomly in T16 juiced maps from the occasional 1 shot.

I was curious about what do you think could be decent upgrades at this moment of the build. I will add my pastebin so you have a reference, I'm actually sitting at between 20-25 exalts in pure currency.
https://pastebin.com/RY02F86K

- Bow: I have theorycrafted different bows in Pob, and the only upgrade that goes past +5%DPS is a +2 arrow Dexterity stacking bow with 2 or 3 extra good mods crafted, so a pretty insane one. Anything else is either a loss of DPS or a +1% or +2%. I´ve been stalking poeninja for others high end Ice shot build to confirm, and most of them still use Death Opus.

-About skill gems the only big upgrade I think I'm missing to push barrage damage (Ice shot dmg is more then enough) is a high level (Level 3+/20%q) Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks, which I'm not going for yet because the DPS increase is only +3%, so I'm waiting to see if there are other more efficient upgrades.

-About gear, I think the biggest thing I could go for its a pair of tailwind boots, but its also hard because my resist are pretty tight so Tailwind boots with the same resist and life as my actual boots are also pretty expensive (Also a big Int roll, but that I could maybe fit somewhere else)

Almost forgot a very important option : I also looked into swapping into a 6L Farruls Fur + Rare amulet with aspect of the cat somewhere. It seems that with a pretty good amulet the build would have +200 life, the Aspect of the Cat survability/utility, the ability to have frenzy charges in solo bosses, and better ele resists options in case I go for tailwind boots/change other rares. The downsides are losing 100k dps(in theory, aspect is hard to consider properly) and losing the extra dodge from hyrris.

- Jewels: I think I got the best Cluster combo you can have with 1 large-medium-small looking at other builds and Pob, but It could be not necessarily true, feel free to correct me.

-Flask: As far as I see, swapping the Taste of Hate for a Bottle Faith its a 100k DPS increase form 3.7mill to 3.8mill (Shaper boss)

Appreciate if you check it out and no worries if you are too busy to help me out, Ill understand, maybe other theorycrafters can help me out.
Last edited by sejas on May 6, 2021, 6:19:41 AM
"
Molochmane wrote:
"
mantol456 wrote:

If you're using pierce then you need to pay more attention for positioning, it's harder to handle than a chain variant.

It's not that cumbersome actually, i made a slight adjustment and let the totem support do the work :D

Cheers, whatever works for you.

"
Xarisse wrote:
Curious how this build is performing for this league? Pretty much finished my jugg and maybe looking into something else and it's between this, int stacking wander, and maybe ele buzz spectral throw.

Not playing the build this league, but you can read up on the forum posts for some feedbacks from other players who are playing.

"
Awesome build!

Decent bow is very expensive this league since harvest is basically gone.
I am not sure cold damage per 10 dex is how important in terms of DPS.
I theory-crafted how to make a bow and not sure it is cost-efficient at all.

1. Spam T1 hatred till hit bow fires an additional arrow

2. Annul everything eles other than flat cold damge and additional arrow

3. Multi mod suffix and prefix cannot be changed

4. Harvest reroll with cold mod

5. Multimod attack speed and ele penetration

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do but it is something.

I have 1 question before I try this build.
Is it necessary to craft - mana cost on ring?

You forgot a few important steps from the craft, like you need an influenced bow, etc. The method is doable and I have experimented with it, just that in terms of costs I don't find it very efficient as an upgrade over Death Opus (way too high of a jump). Hence why I prefer the Aisling method shared in page 12 & 15.

For reference I crafted the following bow for <10 ex:

- Mana costs is a good QOL improvement, especially necessary if you're using a high attack speed bow.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
"
sejas wrote:
Hello! First of all, I want to thank you for the build, I decided to go for a bow character as my second build of the league and this guide was one of the most valuable sources I´ve found in my search for inspiration and guidance.

I have reach a point in the build where I can do almost everything in the game, I went with an Ice shot + Barrage setup, very smooth mapper and deadly against bosses, although a bit squishy versus the hardest bosses so you die here and there, specially if they are bosses you cant just face tank/one shot in a flask rotation or randomly in T16 juiced maps from the occasional 1 shot.

I was curious about what do you think could be decent upgrades at this moment of the build. I will add my pastebin so you have a reference, I'm actually sitting at between 20-25 exalts in pure currency.
https://pastebin.com/RY02F86K

- Bow: I have theorycrafted different bows in Pob, and the only upgrade that goes past +5%DPS is a +2 arrow Dexterity stacking bow with 2 or 3 extra good mods crafted, so a pretty insane one. Anything else is either a loss of DPS or a +1% or +2%. I´ve been stalking poeninja for others high end Ice shot build to confirm, and most of them still use Death Opus.

-About skill gems the only big upgrade I think I'm missing to push barrage damage (Ice shot dmg is more then enough) is a high level (Level 3+/20%q) Awakened Elemental Damage with Attacks, which I'm not going for yet because the DPS increase is only +3%, so I'm waiting to see if there are other more efficient upgrades.

-About gear, I think the biggest thing I could go for its a pair of tailwind boots, but its also hard because my resist are pretty tight so Tailwind boots with the same resist and life as my actual boots are also pretty expensive (Also a big Int roll, but that I could maybe fit somewhere else)

Almost forgot a very important option : I also looked into swapping into a 6L Farruls Fur + Rare amulet with aspect of the cat somewhere. It seems that with a pretty good amulet the build would have +200 life, the Aspect of the Cat survability/utility, the ability to have frenzy charges in solo bosses, and better ele resists options in case I go for tailwind boots/change other rares. The downsides are losing 100k dps(in theory, aspect is hard to consider properly) and losing the extra dodge from hyrris.

- Jewels: I think I got the best Cluster combo you can have with 1 large-medium-small looking at other builds and Pob, but It could be not necessarily true, feel free to correct me.

-Flask: As far as I see, swapping the Taste of Hate for a Bottle Faith its a 100k DPS increase form 3.7mill to 3.8mill (Shaper boss)

Appreciate if you check it out and no worries if you are too busy to help me out, Ill understand, maybe other theorycrafters can help me out.

Not sure how much I can give you feedback since you're not strictly following my build guide per se. For example yours are not as tanky since you're not using quartz flasks / CWDT immortal call w. enduring composure, or Cold-blooded killer for %life recover on kill. My phys eHP is >100k while yours is 28k, so of course yours will feel squishy as even I die once in awhile with that much.

For bows, it's definitely an improvement if you can find one over Death's Opus. Have a look at my post above, that bow should be around 20% more DPS over a Death's Opus. I have it listed on the market for 10 ex if you want to import the stats into POB for comparison.

You don't need tailwind boots as you already have it from the ascendancy, unless you're talking about elusive boots.

Typically people who don't have frenzy / PCoC setup like mine do change their endgame armour to Farrul's for the charges generation, my build doesn't use that due to generation from the skill setup. Personally didn't test how good is it over Hyrri's Ire because my build doesn't use it.

No comment on the jewel setups, my build focuses on survivability mechanics there.

Taste of Hate needs a large amount of phys damage before conversion, if your build uses a lot of flat added cold damage it won't be as good. You're not seeing the proper Bottled Faith dps increases because you forgot to check 'Enemy is on consecrated ground' when activating it.

I would recommend a curse on hit rings though as I've never liked self-casting curses, dampers the gameplay's smoothness.

Edit: Already sold the bow just now.
Last edited by mantol456 on May 6, 2021, 9:17:25 AM

Crafted another bow since I'm bored. I mean dex-stacking bow might be more expensive and hard to reach this league, but these bows are still ~20-25% more DPS over Death's Opus.

I'll update the crafting section with these, pretty consistent results so far.
Last edited by mantol456 on May 6, 2021, 9:38:55 AM
Hello, Im trying to copy your build but I dont know what Im missing?
Your pob DPS=3mion
my DPS currently 480k?

What am I doing wrong?
I know Im not there yet but Im progressing and wonder whats the biggest upgrade for me atm or is there a big mistake which I´m doing?

Hope u can help me progress :)

cheers
Last edited by fluffu on May 7, 2021, 9:26:23 PM
"
fluffu wrote:
Hello, Im trying to copy your build but I dont know what Im missing?
Your pob DPS=3mion
my DPS currently 480k?

What am I doing wrong?
I know Im not there yet but Im progressing and wonder whats the biggest upgrade for me atm or is there a big mistake which I´m doing?

Hope u can help me progress :)

cheers

Can you post your POB? Won't be able to see what you're doing otherwise.
Hi! Can i use barrage as a single target dps, and chain in the place of cold penetration for ice shot? How good is that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info