What's going on with the Servers?

While it is extremely annoying when it does happen,
it's extremely awesome as always that the problems are due to the community continually growing.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
I'm loving this league and expansion OMG! POG GGG, GG! lol.

(Tho still worried about how the nerfs affected the not-abusedly-op build I built last league and how am I gonna make it into 100% deli and etc this time)
"
MoarStuff wrote:
"
dragonsbane77 wrote:

"
PsOfOs wrote:

You would not be able to play this game for free,if people did not buy supporter packs.

You know you can't use logic with some people or even be kind.

GGG is a provit-driven company, as they should be. Every new leagues is basically just a huge advertisement for buying their newest MTX, which range from a couple bucks to way more than the price of a new AAA game. The regular supporter packs are 60$. You could get Cyberpunk 2077 for that (backlash or not, just a comparison). And anyone who sees these packs as a good investment in and of itself because you get points on top, should maybe check whether he/she might have a problem with spending money in online games in general. Some graphics asset guy (somehwere in the world) took a template and probably worked a couple of days on that armor/portal at best. If you consider that good value compared to a full retail game that was years in development, then I don't know what to tell you. Those MTX are at heart a donation to GGG and we all know that.

And that's fine, as long as they provide quality content that runs stable and let's you have fun with it from day one. The content in the last couple of years has been overall fine, with a little bit of hit and miss inbetween. But I can't for the life of me remember a single league start that wasn't plagued by technical issues, be it server-side or severe problems with the league mechanics themselves. This wouldn't be acceptable in any other industry. Imagine what would happen if you buy a new smart speaker and when you try to make a video call, you get disconnected every few minutes. When that happens the device would also reset your contacts, so you have to enter them all over again each time. You bet that company would be in a lot of trouble, if that would happen for a noticable percentage of customers. Especially in this day and age, where everybody can just make a video review about anything.

Weirdly, in the games industry it's the opposite. In the past this could ruin your reputation (Daikatana anyone?) but through a mixture of an astronomical increase in overall game releases every year and the fact that Early Access is an accepted release model by now, gamers got so desensitized that hardly anybody seems to bat an eye anymore. Criticism now is way too often met with defensive statements like "what do you expect, that it works right away?" or "just give it time, it's only been x days/weeks since release".

If I get a product from a company with over 100 employees which is backed by the 7th largest company in the world (by market cap), then I expect at the very least that it's working from the get go. And they haven't been able to deliver on that for the longest time now and if we continue that MTX cycle no change will come. They had years now to adjust how and in what state they release a league to the public and they apparently decided that it's good enough for us as it is. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of the waiting and hoping game. Releasing something in this state should never be acceptable, even if it's free (but you bought the supporter packs in advance anyway, didn't you).

Voting with your wallet is the only way, because words are cheap and this has been going on for way too long now.

I'm pretty pissed I can't play a free game also but the crap you're saying is baloney. Supporting millions of users connecting to their servers real time = $$$$$. Renting servers in multiple regions isn't cheap. Paying your employees isn't cheap. Rather than charge us $15 a month or $30 a patch they offer cosmetics for those who want to support the game.

$60? Do you smoke (average of $208 a month) or drink (average of $150 a month)? Do you eat out or cook your entire meal or meals from scratch? Any of those things and I think you also have a problem. Why needlessly waste your money when you could supporting a company of a game you enjoy?

On the original topic database servers are the heart of any game. Every skill you do, item you grab, delete, use, is a real-time transaction from the database. Obviously something went wrong when their stress testing didn't reveal the problem. But that's how software works. You can only mimic what players do in so many ways. Once you release it to the swarm you find out what the real issues are you couldn't think of during testing.

XYZ scenario only happens under XYZ conditions and those conditions during testing didn't result in a problem.
Alot of the salt in this thread seems like it comes from people that can't buy MTX. It's alright, guys. Enough of us spend money on the game that you can keep yours to yourself.
Already can't access the game about 30 hours. Client just shutting down on logging menu. Tried reinstall the game and it didn't help. Start was good already killed 2 conq but now I can't play. Send help.
"
Tharkkun wrote:

$60? Do you smoke (average of $208 a month) or drink (average of $150 a month)? Do you eat out or cook your entire meal or meals from scratch? Any of those things and I think you also have a problem. Why needlessly waste your money when you could supporting a company of a game you enjoy?

Because if you smoke or drink, you get your value for money. Not a half broken league, taking a month to fix, with a blown out economy everything worth 2c or 20ex by the time its finally playable.
"
dimanchick wrote:
Already can't access the game about 30 hours. Client just shutting down on logging menu. Tried reinstall the game and it didn't help. Start was good already killed 2 conq but now I can't play. Send help.

I had the same problem and solved it by emptying every folder under "Documents\My Games\Path of Exile". One of them especially had too many files.
Some of your servers are still taking a massive hit and are constantly dcing everyone on the server.

I guess I will dc any future support as result for now.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
dimanchick wrote:

Same to me, I can't access the game. We need help
i fixed my crashes.
i have mini itx motherboard, 2400g apu, small form psu and overclocked rams with 3200 mhz. dont have gpu.
yesterday my pc crashed all the time after map loading screens. mostly after the town loading screens.
Than i enter the bios and lowered the ram frequances to 2400 from 3200.
i can play now but it is not a nice thing :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info