What's going on with the Servers?

You would not be able to play this game for free,if people did not buy supporter packs.[/quote]

You know you can't use logic with some people or even be kind.
Thank you GGG!
today is worst for me then the first :(
For me is literally unplayable, i get DCED all the time and also keeps freezing and stuttering, waiting for a fix before going back to playing because right now is impossible.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Black__Dawn wrote:
This problem can very easily be solved. Don't buy supporter packs. Next time would be butter smooth. But braindead addicts prefer it the way it is, enjoy Crash of Exile.

You would not be able to play this game for free,if people did not buy supporter packs.

I prefer not free and playable to free shit and unplayable.

"
"
Black__Dawn wrote:
This problem can very easily be solved. Don't buy supporter packs. Next time would be butter smooth. But braindead addicts prefer it the way it is, enjoy Crash of Exile.

Where did this come from? There was nothing in the post to suggest this had anything to do with supporter packs. Indeed, it's the supporter pack purchases that will pay for the hardware upgrades. Perhaps instead of spending a heap of money, GGG would have been better making the freeloaders wait an extra week to balance out the load. I get not everyone can afford to contribute, but if you can't, at least have the decency to appreciate what you have.

In case you are one of those who I mentioned as enjoyers of Crash of Exile, here's how it works.
I sell hot cakes with shit instead of jam. Y'all buy them, complain but next day lining up to buy more hot cakes with shit. Any reason I should switch to jam, bright kid?
Can we get an update please? These lag spikes and crashes are ridiculous.

Thanks.
The nerfs will continue until morale improves.
"
LucasNavim wrote:
For me is literally unplayable, i get DCED all the time and also keeps freezing and stuttering, waiting for a fix before going back to playing because right now is impossible.

Same. This is horrendous.
The nerfs will continue until morale improves.
"
dragonsbane77 wrote:

"
PsOfOs wrote:

You would not be able to play this game for free,if people did not buy supporter packs.

GGG is a provit-driven company, as they should be. Every new leagues is basically just a huge advertisement for buying their newest MTX, which range from a couple bucks to way more than the price of a new AAA game. The regular supporter packs are 60$. You could get Cyberpunk 2077 for that (backlash or not, just a comparison). And anyone who sees these packs as a good investment in and of itself because you get points on top, should maybe check whether he/she might have a problem with spending money in online games in general. Some graphics asset guy (somehwere in the world) took a template and probably worked a couple of days on that armor/portal at best. If you consider that good value compared to a full retail game that was years in development, then I don't know what to tell you. Those MTX are at heart a donation to GGG and we all know that.

And that's fine, as long as they provide quality content that runs stable and let's you have fun with it from day one. The content in the last couple of years has been overall fine, with a little bit of hit and miss inbetween. But I can't for the life of me remember a single league start that wasn't plagued by technical issues, be it server-side or severe problems with the league mechanics themselves. This wouldn't be acceptable in any other industry. Imagine what would happen if you buy a new smart speaker and when you try to make a video call, you get disconnected every few minutes. When that happens the device would also reset your contacts, so you have to enter them all over again each time. You bet that company would be in a lot of trouble, if that would happen for a noticable percentage of customers. Especially in this day and age, where everybody can just make a video review about anything.

Weirdly, in the games industry it's the opposite. In the past this could ruin your reputation (Daikatana anyone?) but through a mixture of an astronomical increase in overall game releases every year and the fact that Early Access is an accepted release model by now, gamers got so desensitized that hardly anybody seems to bat an eye anymore. Criticism now is way too often met with defensive statements like "what do you expect, that it works right away?" or "just give it time, it's only been x days/weeks since release".

If I get a product from a company with over 100 employees which is backed by the 7th largest company in the world (by market cap), then I expect at the very least that it's working from the get go. And they haven't been able to deliver on that for the longest time now and if we continue that MTX cycle no change will come. They had years now to adjust how and in what state they release a league to the public and they apparently decided that it's good enough for us as it is. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of the waiting and hoping game. Releasing something in this state should never be acceptable, even if it's free (but you bought the supporter packs in advance anyway, didn't you).

Voting with your wallet is the only way, because words are cheap and this has been going on for way too long now.
Last edited by MoarStuff on Jan 17, 2021, 5:44:31 PM
Today was the best experience so far...no disconnects and trade is working.

By far the most fun I have had in many leagues...congrats GGG,,, I am chuffed beyond belief
Last edited by kiwichap on Jan 17, 2021, 5:38:29 PM
"
MoarStuff wrote:
"
dragonsbane77 wrote:

"
PsOfOs wrote:

GGG is a provit-driven company, as they should be. Every new leagues is basically just a huge advertisement for buying their newest MTX, which range from a couple bucks to way more than the price of a new AAA game. The regular supporter packs are 60$. You could get Cyberpunk 2077 for that (backlash or not, just a comparison). And anyone who sees these packs as a good investment in and of itself because you get points on top, should maybe check whether he/she might have a problem with spending money in online games in general. Some graphics asset guy (somehwere in the world) took a template and probably worked a couple of days on that armor/portal at best. If you consider that good value compared to a full retail game that was years in development, then I don't know what to tell you. Those MTX are at heart a donation to GGG and we all know that.

And that's fine, as long as they provide quality content that runs stable and let's you have fun with it from day one. The content in the last couple of years has been overall fine, with a little bit of hit and miss inbetween. But I can't for the life of me remember a single league start that wasn't plagued by technical issues, be it server-side or severe problems with the league mechanics themselves. This wouldn't be acceptable in any other industry. Imagine what would happen if you buy a new smart speaker and when you try to make a video call, you get disconnected every few minutes. When that happens the device would also reset your contacts, so you have to enter them all over again each time. You bet that company would be in a lot of trouble, if that would happen for a noticable percentage of customers. Especially in this day and age, where everybody can just make a video review about anything.

Weirdly, in the games industry it's the opposite. In the past this could ruin your reputation (Daikatana anyone?) but through a mixture of an astronomical increase in overall game releases every year and the fact that Early Access is an accepted release model by now, gamers got so desensitized that hardly anybody seems to bat an eye anymore. Criticism now is way too often met with defensive statements like "what do you expect, that it works right away?" or "just give it time, it's only been x days/weeks since release".

If I get a product from a company with over 100 employees which is backed by the 7th largest company in the world (by market cap), then I expect at the very least that it's working from the get go. And they haven't been able to deliver on that for the longest time now and if we continue that MTX cycle no change will come. They had years now to adjust how and in what state they release a league to the public and they apparently decided that it's good enough for us as it is. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick and tired of the waiting and hoping game. Releasing something in this state is worthless, even if it's free (but you already bought the supporter packs in advance anyway, didn't you).

Voting with your wallet is the only way, because words are cheap and this has been going on for way too long now.

THIS. Exaclty this. Things that are happening right now with Path of Exile is thanks to those who looks like they buy even more thing every time the things works worst. The game gets worts, even unplayable, people buy more things. Doesn't make any sense. But is what it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info