Reworked and Changed Ascendancy Classes in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

This looks really interesting!

My TL;DR

REWORKED: Elementalist, Deadeye, Inquisitor.

BUFFED: Berserker, Slayer, Saboteur (traps), Chieftain, Raider, Occultist, Hierophant.

BALANCED: Juggernaut, Pathfinder, Guardian, Ascendant.

SLIGHTLY NERFED: Assassin, Trickster, Gladiator, Champion (impale), Necromancer.

Yes, some very strong notables were nerfed, but almost all those ascendancies also received buffs to other defining stats. Add the fact that we still have no idea how the new and reworked (buffed!) skills will go along with all this. Overall I'd say this is some amazing changes! Let's be honest so far the real nerfs are found in the Balance Manifesto: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3008718

Slay: +melee range, +speed, +base crit, life leech 2 nodes not 4.
Glad: 5% less and -(40+30)% bleed dps, small nodes 2% GENERIC block.
Cham: -1 impale, +fortfy effect, +reduced dmg taken, +attack speed.
Assa: -20% phys as extra chaos against poisoned, 100% elusive on crit, +50% elusive effect.
Sabo: straight-up buffed.
Tric: ghost shroud changes, -10% spell dodge, patient reaper no dmg but 3% life+es+mana on kill.
Jugg: undeniable AR equal to TWICE strength, more attack speed/ar.
Bers: some buffs to speed/rage/leech.
Chie: buffs to AoE, phys-reduction, totem leech, ancestor buffs.
Necr: nerfs to %mana and corpse pact (archmage cremation), small nodes 15 to 10% minion dmg.
Occu: 15% more generic chaos/cold dmg (from dot multi), profane bloom 40%, malediction nerf.
Elem: Reworked: insane shock/chill effectiveness.
Dead: Reworked: crit/bleed/rupture, marks, +2 proj, chaining terrain, farshot 60%, +2 mirage.
Raid: Perma-phasing, perma-onslaught, stronger ele exposure, more dodge.
Path: 40% phys-to-chaos conversion, other changes to poison/chaos dmg.
Inqu: Reworked: Battlemage, crit from lowest of str/int, and more.
Hier: +1 max and +4 min EC and PS! +totem dmg, placement speed, arcance-surge effect.
Guar: Unwavering Crusade +5% attack, cast, ms. Time of Need 80% reduced effect of curses on you.
Asce: Phasing from Raider, Tailwind from Deadeye, Fortify+Taunt+Aura-FX from Champ, extra -20% exposure from Elementalist, Elusive-on-Crit (from on-Kill) but no poison chance from Assa, no crit-multi from Inquisitor.

Recently quit Path of Exploding BULL****
Remove the Wildwood!
Remove Gambling!
Ruthless LOGIN
Last edited by hogmark on Jan 12, 2021, 3:51:23 AM
Was finally getting the hang of minion builds... Oh well. Thanks for nothing.
Guardian

"
Armour and Energy Shield, Charge Duration
Added
15% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Removed
20% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Wheres armour or energy shield in that??
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
I must be missing something here, why everyone keep saying nice, when is literally a wall of nerfs and like almost no buffs?
F in chat for my poor pathfinder
"
hogmark wrote:

Glad: +blind/bleed chance, 5% less bleed dps, small nodes 2% GENERIC block.

Im not checking all your notes, but some are off.

For instance, gladiator bleed chance didnt increase, just shift.

Also 30% less increased damage vs bleeding enemies, and minor increase chance to blind (meaningless though since it would take 4 hits on average to apply it, when bleed builds aside from lacerate dont hit more than once or twice).

Overall about a 7% nerf in damage. (With +4 chance to block if you play gladiator block WITHOUT a shield or DW swords. Never seen that build though.)

Im glad you are feeling sunny but your assessment seems off. These are largely nerfs, not balancing.

"
trixxar wrote:
"
hogmark wrote:

Glad: +blind/bleed chance, 5% less bleed dps, small nodes 2% GENERIC block.

Im not checking all your notes, but some are off.

For instance, gladiator bleed chance didnt increase, just shift.

Also 30% less increased damage vs bleeding enemies, and minor increase chance to blind (meaningless though since it would take 4 hits on average to apply it, when bleed builds aside from lacerate dont hit more than once or twice).

Overall about a 7% nerf in damage. (With +4 chance to block if you play gladiator block WITHOUT a shield or DW swords. Never seen that build though.)

Im glad you are feeling sunny but your assessment seems off. These are largely nerfs, not balancing.

You're right, I only accounted for the less/more multiplier, and I actually just changed this by moving glad down on the list. Thanks for pointing it out!
Recently quit Path of Exploding BULL****
Remove the Wildwood!
Remove Gambling!
Ruthless LOGIN
Rework... Tell that to your owners ggg when player base starts to sink...
Although I love the Raider changes.

Almost everything else is a hard nerf to the ground type of 'rework' tbh.

I feel really bad about the totem nerfs. It wasn't even a top 50% playstyle and now it gets gutted even further.

I like the Ascendant rework tho, hopefully it becomes more than just the aurabot/aurastacker class.
Assassin :

50% chance to gain Elusive on Critical Strike to Gain Elusive on Critical Strike.

I mean seriously, what's the difference when its uptime was already 100% ?
The buff can't be refreshed until it expires.

-34% movement speed overall, for +25% Elusive effect. What a joke.
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info