[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
dgeth wrote:
Thanks for the tips! Right now, I'm trying to rebalance res around removing the Malachai's Artifice so that I'm not going to be getting thumped in maps after I complete the story. I've got that sorted, but it meant taking off the Praxis that I replaced Malachai's Artifice with. Going to grind maps for chaos and go from there. As long as dps feels good, do you think it's work it to get a Kaom's first?

What do you mean "removing Malachai's Artifice"? Why remove it? It is the only way to get EE. And with how few sources of penetration we have, it is easily 30-40% of our total damage dealt.
Thanks to bartpio for the quick and painless upgrade! Would highly recommend.
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
dgeth wrote:
Thanks for the tips! Right now, I'm trying to rebalance res around removing the Malachai's Artifice so that I'm not going to be getting thumped in maps after I complete the story. I've got that sorted, but it meant taking off the Praxis that I replaced Malachai's Artifice with. Going to grind maps for chaos and go from there. As long as dps feels good, do you think it's work it to get a Kaom's first?

What do you mean "removing Malachai's Artifice"? Why remove it? It is the only way to get EE. And with how few sources of penetration we have, it is easily 30-40% of our total damage dealt.

Constantly re-summoning the golem was a ginourmous buzz kill. I get that the golem is the optimal play, but I'd rather have the golembro on a CWDT setup for QoL reasons, if it ends up feeling like I need the damage. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I'm lazy.
"
dgeth wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
dgeth wrote:

Constantly re-summoning the golem was a ginourmous buzz kill. I get that the golem is the optimal play, but I'd rather have the golembro on a CWDT setup for QoL reasons, if it ends up feeling like I need the damage. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I'm lazy.

Ok, but just to make sure, having the golem on a CWDT setup wont give you the damage back.

Also, you only really need the EE in boss fights, not a big priority to resummon it during clear.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 19, 2021, 4:21:39 AM
"
bartpio wrote:
Guys - please bump this thread, post the replies. We need to make commotion here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3010591/page/1#p23776609

and this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/l0f2bk/totem_passive_tree_bug_please_fix/

i am missing 150% increased totem dmg from the tree ...

Thanks for highlighting this, hopefully it get fixed soon. I have posted a reply at the thread you linked and also mentioned this in the Pinned Announcement Section.

"
dgeth wrote:
Thanks to Bartpio for their Frostferno service!

Also, I got some Brinerot Whalers out of a ritual. They're currently 1c on the trade site, versus the Gang's Momentum that sell for an alchemy, but they're showing about a 15% increase in my tooltip damage in hideout. Maybe not the best answer for starting gear, but it's a cheap and effective intermediate upgrade.

Brinerot Whaler is a nice alternative to if we like the "Unaffected by Shocked Ground" affix and/or need the Lightning Resist.

Otherwise, Gang's Momentum is generally better:

- Up to 60% Fire resist versus Brinerot's 30% Lightning Resist

- Both have up to 40% increased damage, Gang's Momentum just requires the enemy to be ignited which is not hard since we have 100%+ Chance to Ignite(Elemental Hit, Combustion, Flammability)

- If following my guide, we need some off colour sockets and Gang's Momentum is easier to get Red and Blue sockets since it's Armour/ES based so that let us shuffle the Gems around a bit, pretty helpful when we don't have much currency yet.

"
Kreut_jenkins wrote:
hi everybody!

for exmaple i stumbled across this guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2224772

they are using chin sol bow and yoke of suffering amulett.
did you consider this while making your post?
i'd like to know why you choose quillrain and marylenes fallacy?

thanks in advance.

see you and best of luck ingame,
kreut

Hello!

I have definitely considered it, I mean my guide is an updated version of the build, it's not likely that I am making worse suggestions compared to a guide not updated for many leagues already ;)

Yoke of Suffering - I have ranked the amulet according to its DPS in "22. Equipment/Notable Rankings by DPS" You can see it's not too strong when we don't utilize the Shock Effect(Which we get through Summon Skitterbot)

Marylene's Fallacy is near the top(Rank 3), and I guess this is not obvious but I haven't actually factor in Marylene's Culling Strike in the Amulet Rankings(Which will make it the No.1 Amulet in terms of DPS after factoring that)

Chin Sol - Chin Sol is nice If you play at close range(Less than 20 tiles), I have mentioned it in "31. "OneShotKill" Edition" as an optional weapon swap for boss fights. Outside of boss fights, e.g. Mapping, I think it's pretty bad compared to Quill Rain with the much slower Attack Speed and lower DPS(Enemies are often more than 20 tiles away when mapping) . Also the slower attack speed don't synergise as well with "blind/taunt on hit" affixes.

Hope that explains.

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jan 19, 2021, 5:24:18 AM
I simply planned a weapon switch. Quill Rain + clear speed focused quiver for mapping, and when it comes to the Maven boss fights and other single target situations press "X" to switch to Chin Sol and a single target focused quiver.

That could even be further refined with what gems we socket in our bow. For example, we dont really need the Sniper's Mark or the Trap+WOC while mapping. But that's optional, the weapon switch itself is already a huge boost.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 19, 2021, 6:03:21 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
I simply planned a weapon switch. Quill Rain + clear speed focused quiver for mapping, and when it comes to the Maven boss fights and other single target situations press "X" to switch to Chin Sol and a single target focused quiver.

That may be a viable idea. I'm thinking of perhaps trying to have a Frenzy/GMP/Awakened Hextouch/Flammability/EleWeakness on the ChinSol for two curses on bosses. Definitely an endgame setup, as the WokeHextouch is expensive though..
Question about gloves. It suggests to use ones with higher crit agaisnt shocked/chilled enemies. Can our EH shock with only fire dmg?
"
Kaevar wrote:
Question about gloves. It suggests to use ones with higher crit agaisnt shocked/chilled enemies. Can our EH shock with only fire dmg?

Our Skitterbots shock(and chill) the enemy :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vei wrote:
"
Kaevar wrote:

Our Skitterbots shock(and chill) the enemy :)

God damn, I forgot about using Skitterbots :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info