[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
luca4k wrote:
after the great 3.19 depression youre back better than ever. I love builds with a passionate creator and a lot of information cause I cant fix builds myself

Oh I'm back into depression now when they made one of the core items cost 20 divines instead of 2 divines. Last league was smooth as butter - this one a very bumpy ride - so be ready to it.

A tiny bit of an update - finished working on a dagger - still not to happy about it - need to throw a few more divines to get it better.

Dager is sill an easy way to get much needed Lethe Shade - so I prompt everyone to get one.

Working on challenges now. Ubers are done. No vids - cuz I messed up and too a clearing setup into the uber fight. Will record new ones a bit later when I gather up all keys.

Best I can give you is - 3 High quant invitations and Uber Cortex

Once I'm bored/done with challenges - I'll do 'Back in Time' post. For those who doesn't know - its a post where I try to downgrade the build to the point it becomes unplayable to see what kind of budget I will need to start it for the next league. Or for this one - in case someone want to try this build out late.

Few things I wanna point out
1) My build is still not minmaxed. As you can see I don't even have 30% ms boots, don't have life on my ring, don't have crucible trees on my items and just overall being lazy, while still having a good time, now when I have this much damage.

2) Skin being where it is now is a huge problem that I don't know how to fix. I'll maybe look for using a Staff early game or something. No ideas yet.

3) Flesh offering. Since the build now uses Leash and can benefit from every offering - including Flesh offering for 15% attack and move speed is very tempting. The problem is - there is no way to trigger it.

The best solution to that is to put 3 offering in the weapon and cast desecrate manualy. I'm not sure if this is a good idea - as it adds an extra button to press and you need to keep an eye on your offering expire all the time during boss fights. 15% move speed might not be worth the effort.

But you can experiment with that. Feel free to remove Feeding Frenzy as its only 10% dps boost.

And now - since I'm planning to do some tweaks and changes to the early game or to the guide overall - I ask you - people who started/played/playing or even those who dropped the build for a feed back.

What do you think should be added? What felt confusing? What felt good? Bad? Anything helps.

First, I want to say this flask is the best for this build. Need to buy this!

A few days ago, I made my weapon. Now I need to craft "hits cannot be evaded", but I don't have this craft yet. In the weapon tree also want 35-40% attack speed, and
Lethe Shade (I already have those bases on donor daggers need to combinate to my dagger), will fix this in next days.

Yesterday I finally made my body armour, first I bought Skin of the Loyal with correct socket colors and upgraded it with blessing. Lucky for me it doesn't rip, Iron Will do nothing bad for the build.
My awakened gems (brutality and minion damage) now lvl 4, so i swap them temporally to usual ones, on lvl 5 i will corrupt them (maybe hit lvl 6).

Next step Ashes with 29-30% quality of gems. 25div heh (

I also use Determination aura, so with 3 enduring charges always have 90% phys.reduction without any flask, big deal.

Very easy to delve with this build! Also good for heist (tunky and fast). I use shield charge on delve and maps. T16 delirium maps no problem! I already finished blue and red bosses and Shaper, but steel can die on crucible lethal monster's pack (91%+) on t16 maps (sometime real OP rare/unique mobs).
I expect MORE damage from Ashes burst, nice skill tree, empower 4 + fully leveled awakened gems, and good rings and shield (not trash that I use now).
I don't have jewels for Bastion of Elements, maybe try to buy them after Ashes...
Last edited by Murmuüre on Apr 22, 2023, 11:02:15 AM
Every league I'm trying to play something new. I have choosen this build because never played necro, spectres, holy relic, ag and flicker.

I heard before some rumor about flicker thats unplayable in delve, but it is totally false cuz flicker in small corridors is even better than in open areas. Vaal version might became dangerous there if u move ur cursor wrong way.

Playstyle after getting some crucial updates is extremly fun and safe. I think the most important survival upgrades was Olroth flask and Primal Aegis (with forbidden jewels). I still have a lot to upgrade like getting Skin, Ashes and adding (Vaal Anomalous) Discipline but its enough for doing juicy T16 maps for various strategies.

I'm confused about spectres, because on main post there are Carnage Chieftains (frenzy monkeys) and in latest posts u say to use Host Chieftain (power charges). I believe they are mostly for holy relic dps boost?
Currently using setup with 2x Carnage Chieftains + Hellion. I should use They of Tul, but I'm too lazy to check how to get them easy way.

According to power charges - I don't use IAoE gem, cuz flicker is moving around so fast that I feel that I no need more aoe. Decided to get meat shield which is 30% more dps. Before Empower gem I was using pcoc so relic gets 3 power charges AND 12% more dps. Now just by reading that I have realized why I should use Host Chieftains ^^' What spectres u use currently for clear speed?

You can get Imbalanced Guard easy on Spectres crucible tree, so u still can use spectres same as (runic?) daggers - it all depends what u get on Skin.

I think there was never mention before, but triggered Divergent Desecrete should be lvl 1 with 20% quality to lower mp usage.

I have also use Mark of Submission with Punishment so actually after getting Whispers of Doom and Asenath I'm giving both curses to every single monster without any effort.

If u don't use shock on focus ring u should add quality to Tempest Shield for shock chance on block.

AG and all spectres are buffers and should be as tanky as possible so I get Anomalous Raise Spectre and Divergent Animate Guardian.

I think u should mention in Cons that this build is not newbie-friendly and some additional map mods are annoying but doable (like players have increased cooldown, decreased block and maybe some other ones).
"
pritus90 wrote:
I heard before some rumor about flicker thats unplayable in delve, but it is totally false cuz flicker in small corridors is even better than in open areas. Vaal version might became dangerous there if u move ur cursor wrong way.

For delve very nice with shield charge.

"
pritus90 wrote:
Currently using setup with 2x Carnage Chieftains + Hellion. I should use They of Tul, but I'm too lazy to check how to get them easy way.

Demon Harpy very important for this build, because they give 30% more dps for free.
They of Tul personally I find in Tul breachstone - 15% dodge usuful, also 2 totems.

"
pritus90 wrote:
I have also use Mark of Submission with Punishment so actually after getting Whispers of Doom and Asenath I'm giving both curses to every single monster without any effort.

Asenath has own curse temporal chain on item, so you can't use vulnerability + punishment + assassin mark together or even 2 of these curses with this setup, on maps you can just use vulnerability corrupt on Asenath itself, so you don't need any curse ring at all. Curse limit 2, Vixen gives limit 3 - for hard bosses good.
Last edited by Murmuüre on Apr 22, 2023, 2:30:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback you two. I will improve Specters and add more info to the gems in general.

But yeah. What you should be using in current version is:
Demon Harpy - first priority.
They of Tul - not only he addds 15% dodge to you, but it also affects all your minions, making sure your AG is even less likely to die. He also chills everything for 10% ( Ruins Helion does the job too but he ofend dies - very squishy)
Monkey of choice - Frenzy if you wanna flicker more, Power - if you want your relics to crit more. I use Power pretty much all the time.

And for the 4-th specter - that you only can get if you have +2 minion gems on boots - Demon Harpy again. Cuz they stack damage amplification.

You can get specters easily either from Global 6666 chat channel, or well... from me in the game lol.

Imbalanced Guard is not even that strong, and sometimes can be outright harmful. It only really does something if you are trying to facetank UberShaper slam. And you should not do that to begin with. Its okay to start with but should be replaced for Lethe Shade, but since we get Lethe Shade on the weapon now, you can look for thins like Unwavering Stance or save few points with Resolute Technique.

There is also interesting option for automated curses - Profane Proxy ring - gives you resists and applies curse for you if you are using Skitterbots.

And if you both of you love delving - my biggest advice - get Jewel with Phasing on kill. Intantly get it. Its INSANE how much better the build feels with it. Best if you get it on CB jewel to save a slot.

Very confused to hear that Olroth's Resolve is praised so much. Not sure why both of you feel its good, since when you don't have Skin it barely does anything. Its not also the best flask to have, kinda mid point before you get Taste of Hate.

Also very confused with the choice of support gems for Holy relics for both of you. None of you seem to use crit gems. I'll try to reflect on that when updating gems.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Apr 22, 2023, 3:00:52 PM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
And for the 4-th specter - that you only can get if you have +2 minion gems on boots - Demon Harpy again. Cuz they stack damage amplification.

I use 2 now. 2 harpy gives more damage for holy relics? Wow

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
And if you both of you love delving - my biggest advice - get Jewel with Phasing on kill. Intantly get it. Its INSANE how much better the build feels with it. Best if you get it on CB jewel to save a slot.

Yes, i have this one. I delve to depth 1000+ before. Now 200+, need more time to delve.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Very confused to hear that Olroth's Resolve is praised so much. Not sure why both of you feel its good, since when you don't have Skin it barely does anything. Its not also the best flask to have, kinda mid point before you get Taste of Hate.

I don't know full Ward mechanic (imho it's broken), but this flask saves me many times, feel MUCH stronger with this.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Also very confused with the choice of support gems for Holy relics for both of you. None of you seem to use crit gems. I'll try to reflect on that when updating gems.

I swap gem area effect to crit only for hard bosses.
"
Murmuüre wrote:

I use 2 now. 2 harpy gives more damage for holy relics? Wow

Yes and no. Harpy ability - screech - you can see it - she stops and uses the air waves - applies a stacking debuff on the enemies. The debuff stacks but limits itself at 60% increased damage.

One Harpy can only stack to 30%. Two Harpies stack to 60%. Tree Harpies will not go above 60%

But its only relly good for bosses as Harpy doesn't use her ability too often when clearing.

"
Murmuüre wrote:

I don't know full Ward mechanic (imho it's broken), but this flask saves me many times, feel MUCH stronger with this.

To make it simple - its like getting 120 life when hit. Nice but nothing special.

"
Murmuüre wrote:
I swap gem area effect to crit only for hard bosses.

In that case swap with Meat Shield instead. Meat Shield gives the least DPS. You wanna have crit gems all the time because when you DO crit, you can delete fat rares out of this world.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
One Harpy can only stack to 30%. Two Harpies stack to 60%. Tree Harpies will not go above 60%

Oh nice, very strong. 2 my choice from start.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
To make it simple - its like getting 120 life when hit. Nice but nothing special.

In numbers yes, in real ward from this flask kind of OP. Don't whant swap it.

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
In that case swap with Meat Shield instead. Meat Shield gives the least DPS. You wanna have crit gems all the time because when you DO crit, you can delete fat rares out of this world.

POE building shows difference only 4% damage, but meat shield also gives movement speed, 25% less damage taken and defensive (I remember few times relics die on boss, you deal no damage without them). Good when you move very fast (vaal flicker for example).
New player. 5th reroll I think. I have no idea what I'm doing. Did a scion flicker that was ok, but tl;dr I messed and that bitch pricey to fix.

Currently on white map stage.
https://pobb.in/LyHdnJDmjEd3

Am I doing this right (obviously not with that 22 DPS)? How are you keeping frenzy stack/upcharge. where did I go wrong?

if anyone could help me out that would be cool.

"
Loucheian wrote:
New player. 5th reroll I think. I have no idea what I'm doing. Did a scion flicker that was ok, but tl;dr I messed and that bitch pricey to fix.

Currently on white map stage.
https://pobb.in/LyHdnJDmjEd3

Am I doing this right (obviously not with that 22 DPS)? How are you keeping frenzy stack/upcharge. where did I go wrong?

if anyone could help me out that would be cool.

Alright, could have been worse. First things first - swap Faster attack to Ancestral Call - read FaQ and gem setup it should answer your question about frienzy charge sustain.

In addition you can always recruit a frenzy charge monkey.

Static strike is the key of keeping your DPS going all the time.

You also need Resolute Technique - because if you miss your attack - your relics will not fire.

And obviously you need something better than level 4 gems. Get level 20 Holy relic as soon as you can. Then weapon with faster attack speed. This two things should get you going.

Other than that - read FaQ and Gems. Lot of info there what to do next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info