[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Well, at least it won´t get nerfed this league, but yeah, the prices for GG-sceptres, and BiS-Keynode-Chestpieces will skyrocket, if he makes a build-guide for it. Only solution: Be faster than the rest and get your hands early on key-pieces.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Well, at least it won´t get nerfed this league, but yeah, the prices for GG-sceptres, and BiS-Keynode-Chestpieces will skyrocket, if he makes a build-guide for it. Only solution: Be faster than the rest and get your hands early on key-pieces.

I still expect some nerfs to Britte and Ashes at least. But yeah... The prbolem is, if it becomes popular, the BiS items are not the problem (they were never cheap to begin with). The mid game items are. 2R4B Skins gonna be pricy. Helm with enchant gonna go galactic.

At least you can reroll skin's colors or use other stricks fro mthe guide to replace the skin.

They are also going with the CI + Melding of the Flesh route, that I'm not sure if I can justify. Also coming with all kinds of wrong ideas as to use Rotting Legion and such.

Meanwhile I have a bit different plans of rolling with Evasion instead of arour for next league. Evasion + Block, maybe cap Spell Supression should make this build a lot tankier.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Apr 28, 2022, 5:21:10 AM
Alllllright fellow gamers, the patch notes are out so its time to update this thread.

Lets start with most important thing - a new 3.18 picture for this league!

Okay, not to the serious matters. There are few things I want to points out that we got from the patch notes/PoE stream. I also want to list my plans for the build and things I'd love to experiment with for this league to make it better. As well as a little bit hidden strategy on how to go REAL fast that I will hide later in this post for people who would bother to read it all.

First things first - What we got out of patch notes.
Spoiler

1) Ashes of the stars is rarer.
Spoiler
Not only GGG said they will rebalance rarity of uniques, they also changing the incantations themselves to be affected by item quantity, witch in turn means its a double tap on the amulet rarity.

I fully expect the price to go up to like 10ex, and I really hope I'm wrong with it and that it won't go higher.

2) Aegis Aurora will cost a fortune
Spoiler
No changes means people this league will know the real value of the op shield.

We can fully expect it to be 2-5 exalts early league. Maybe more.

However, as I was preparing myself for inevitable nerf to the Aegis, I made a list of shields that you can use instead of it and not pay too much money.
Spoiler

Magna Eclipsis
Massive base stats, good life, extra bit of damage from + level of gems
Low block chance - might gonna need to grab extra passives or block anoint.

Elemental aegis - provides you with extra 1000 life against elemental damage.

That is a lot of extra life considering all the mitigations we have. Will sure help you to not die to oneshots.

The Surrender
The HP version of Aegis.
Unreal to get early on, and even later on will cost you a bunch.
But will make you rather tanky with that life on block

Alternative to it - a rare shield with Shaper/Elder/Bran mods. Life or ES on block with extra block life and w/e stats you desire. Also won't appear till later in the league.
Leper's Alms
Can drop anytime - no longer boss specific.
Good base stats. Massive block value - will cap your block with no extra steps.
Effectively makes you aliment immune, removing aliments from you with every tick of Static Strike/Flicker.
Downside - has no recovery

3) Brittle still on - swapping to crit early is a good idea.
Spoiler
As long as you can hit Brittle ground on the boots - you can massively boost your DPS if you swap to crit version on any stage.

Crit version require you to have: Power charge monkeys specters, leveled up crit multi support, assassin's mark, and extra curse on the amulet. The last one being the hardest to get, but if you have all that - go ham.

4) Harves/Heist/any rare stacking mechanic is gonna be deadly. Taunt totem, early or full game is a good idea.
Spoiler
Looking at Archnemesis mods replacing Rare mods on enemies, I can see this being a problem. Carry a taunt totem with you, it will help dealing with overjuiced mobs.

Now to the future plans, experiments and ideas that are not set in stone.
Spoiler

1) Woke empower - massive bait
Spoiler
Uber Maven fight might drop Awakened Empower support. Those will most likely cost a ton. But I don't see myself buying one as it only get +1 to level and only if you get lucky with corruption. As far as I'm concerned +1 level is 5-7% more DPS as the build end point. Its soooo not worth investing into it. But you already know we will....

2)Atlas. Less HP more damage Atlas node for enemies seems lit.
Spoiler
This is an interesting one. As a build that is rocking a lot of defence, this pone pointer can make early mapping and progress a lot smoother.

Now I wanna share few thoughts about all the 'atlas keystones' thing. I know people are hyped up, but just like with masteries before, you need to understand that it has a price. It cost points to take the keystones. That means you gonna have LESS points to put on your atlas tree.

At the same time - Atlas tree seems to be unchanged - my plan is going for essence nodes to try them out this league. It should help a lot to craft base resist gear early on. You don't need to follow that, its just my plans.

3) Spell supression, dexterity and evasion
Spoiler
As I said before I'm looking forward to try and go that route, as armor was not doing great for me. First of all we have a very little armor values to begin with, and looking at the end game content - taking 50% less damage from spells can be very good. And its fairly possibly to get spell supression to at least 70%. Possibly even 100% with some tricks. Evasion is great too because instead of taking reduced damage - you can not take damage at all. A powerful combo of block and evasion should turn this build into unkillable machine.

4) Mending of the Flesh
Spoiler
Mending of the Flesh I'm still skeptical about. Even though there is already a way to include it into the build, it feels like so much investment. You need extra mana reserve to have purity for + max res, you need to drop all chaos resist to get normal resist intact. And to top it off - 90% max res gives 40% damage reduction against elemental damage. 100% spell suppression gives 50% damage reduction against spell damage. In my eyes investing into suppression is clearly a winner.

5) StealMage jewel can be interesting. Thred of Hope can make a return with its uber vesrion.
Spoiler
Both jewels can provide an interesting way to save points and might not even be too expensive becuse of how weird our build is. For instance - StealMage jewel can grant us much needed spell suppression for very little investment.

Minor things
Synthesiser back in the game - can make armor based spell suppression items? If not - going for dex items and stack evasion.
Because of that - gotta revisit list of Skin of the Lords Keystones - since we going dexterity. Mighr get a lot of better outcomes now
Head hunter effects might be interesting and empower the build like never before.

In conclusion.

I welcome everyone to try this build out.
For those who missed it last league - since we have no changes - might as well try something new.

And for those who already tried it last league - imagine what you can achieve now, when you know how it works!

As per usual I will be playing it myself, and tracking my progression via form posts and main post updates.

I plan adding another tab for 'current info post' into main post where I will duplicate latests posts like this one that provides a lot of information. Just so you could see it from the first page and won't get lost in the commnets.

And of course - I will be answering questions that you might have while playing this build - here on the forums, unless said questions are unrelated to the build itself.

Later on, I'll plan on updating the main PoB, add crit version as separate PoB (to no get newer players confused), and post a list of priorites - step by step ugrade path I plan on taking when league starts.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 6, 2022, 8:32:27 AM
I´m contemplating of starting this one again, next to one of my other favourites. Would surely as hell like to be nr. 1 Poe.ninja this time but since I can´t really play a lot in the starting week I´m kind of sceptical. Anyway, we´ll see how it goes for me and for all others: Can vouch for this build!
Last edited by Vennto on May 6, 2022, 8:22:50 AM
Absolutely in love with this build. Scared that the price of ashes and proper enchants will go through the roof this league, but that's a risk I'm willing to take for decent flicks straight out the gate and a tremendous clearspeed. This build blew through everything short of the pinnacle bosses and 100% deli on a sub 10 exalt budget, and it could've done the top bosses if I'd invested in some more regen.

One thing I'm surprised I don't see in the guide is a chart or helper for attacks per second against your holy relics cooldown reduction. I used cyclone for bossing since it was easier to keep my maximum DPS with the perfect balance of triggers. On your PoB, the trigger rate is only 2.67 for a 2.4 mil DPS per minion (with flicker strike, I understand that Static Strike has more activations but I can't find the math on them). However, the skill cooldown is .33 seconds, so you could be triggering three times a second instead for 2.7 mil per. Ashes of the stars lowers their cooldown to .264, meaning your trigger rate could be 3.78 and you could have over 3 million DPS per minion (although then you do have to do a little dexterity balancing. Shieldskin procs my blessings)!

Last edited by Deathbreak911 on May 6, 2022, 1:36:23 PM
"
Deathbreak911 wrote:
Absolutely in love with this build. Scared that the price of ashes and proper enchants will go through the roof this league, but that's a risk I'm willing to take for decent flicks straight out the gate and a tremendous clearspeed. This build blew through everything short of the pinnacle bosses and 100% deli on a sub 10 exalt budget, and it could've done the top bosses if I'd invested in some more regen.

One thing I'm surprised I don't see in the guide is a chart or helper for attacks per second against your holy relics cooldown reduction. I used cyclone for bossing since it was easier to keep my maximum DPS with the perfect balance of triggers. On your PoB, the trigger rate is only 2.67 for a 2.4 mil DPS per minion (with flicker strike, I understand that Static Strike has more activations but I can't find the math on them). However, the skill cooldown is .33 seconds, so you could be triggering three times a second instead for 2.7 mil per. Ashes of the stars lowers their cooldown to .264, meaning your trigger rate could be 3.78 and you could have over 3 million DPS per minion (although then you do have to do a little dexterity balancing. Shieldskin procs my blessings)!

Thanks for pointing out... I even made a spreadsheet for it but never added it to the main post. Will add now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_sY9G0UGFhzHhDezXzPGmUuY4u2AsH17b7nnQ-SpKv0/edit?usp=sharing
Oh, fantastic, thanks! Since static strike doesn't care about attack speed or weapon APS, you just need one high enough for flicker to not feel terrible, and you can more easily balance static strike based on it's own values. That makes a lot of sense.

If we want the full DPS picture since PoB doesn't calculate I guess we can manually scale up a cyclone to have the correct trigger rate. Your build was already doing the max damage of over 3 million per minion to bosses. Nice!
Last edited by Deathbreak911 on May 6, 2022, 2:28:21 PM
Is static strike not a huge DPS loss? The cooldown of a max qual divergent holy relic with ashes is like .2s and static strike only hits every .32s. Thats 50% less damage, unless I'm missing something about static strike.

Edit: my numbers were wrong, CD is .264 so only a ~20% damage loss

Also is there an updated PoB, looks like the one in the post was from scourge
Last edited by Starchey on May 6, 2022, 4:13:16 PM
"
Starchey wrote:
Is static strike not a huge DPS loss? The cooldown of a max qual divergent holy relic with ashes is like .2s and static strike only hits every .32s. Thats 50% less damage, unless I'm missing something about static strike.

Edit: my numbers were wrong, CD is .264 so only a ~20% damage loss

Also is there an updated PoB, looks like the one in the post was from scourge

Phantasmal Static strike has extra effect of increased beam frequancy to get to 0.264

The pob is on the way (need to combine all reaserach done in this league), even though the one in the post is legit, but you can check "current gear" section for latest pob.

EDIT:
Pob Updated
Last edited by Fire_Archer on May 7, 2022, 3:40:29 AM
I've been sharing my witch variant over on the Guardian thread, I figured I'd share it here too, based on Alloces' videos on YouTube.

--

Has anybody tested SRS vs Absolution for leveling?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info