[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

What do you guys do to get higher armour and HP?
ATM I have only 3292 armour and 3849 HP / 1501 shield.
Lost where no man has been lost before.
Last edited by ZtriDer on Mar 27, 2022, 5:02:44 AM
"
ZtriDer wrote:

Granite Flask for extra armor, even though armor for the most part irrelevant.
Life on jewels and rings. Stygain belt for extra jewel.
Skin of the Loyal/Skin of the Lords - extra 1000 ES and bunch of armor.
Quality on armor boots

Can drop Zeal for Determination/Discipline see if you like it. But thats lot of damage loss.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Mar 27, 2022, 6:21:14 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
ZtriDer wrote:

Quality on armor boots

Can drop Zeal for Determination/Discipline see if you like it. But thats lot of damage loss.

Thanks, I made a few changed and it helped a lot. The "normal" 1 hit deaths has now turned to "1 hit to 10%" in stead if i get them, and witha quick finger to the flask Im back up :)

Now to tweak to increase the dps.
"
ZtriDer wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
"
ZtriDer wrote:

Quality on armor boots

Thanks, I made a few changed and it helped a lot. The "normal" 1 hit deaths has now turned to "1 hit to 10%" in stead if i get them, and witha quick finger to the flask Im back up :)

Now to tweak to increase the dps.

Well your punishment curse currently not working because you are at curse limit with Asenath. And that's 40% extra damage.

Also I would recommend getting Ruin Hellion specters, they help with tanking a lot, as well as give little damage buff
Hey loving the build! Never felt this strong and defensive before.

Tried a Simulacrum and died over and over on Wave 21

Any advice on whats wrong with my build? I compared mine to yours and don't see too much difference unless I'm missing something.

POB: https://pastebin.com/mTf6DxzF

edit: my Animate Guardian gear is the same as yours as well
Last edited by ApexDivinity on Mar 27, 2022, 6:45:35 PM
"
ApexDivinity wrote:
Hey loving the build! Never felt this strong and defensive before.

Tried a Simulacrum and died over and over on Wave 21

Any advice on whats wrong with my build? I compared mine to yours and don't see too much difference unless I'm missing something.

POB: https://pastebin.com/mTf6DxzF

edit: my Animate Guardian gear is the same as yours as well

Well it depends on what are you dying from.

I can see you fixed lot of the things since you posted already.

1) If you wanna be using Asenath - get Anvil corrupted with extra curse. You can't use punishment currently, and it helps a bit. I usually swap to boss killer gloves (vulnerability) around wave 25.

2) Divergent Holy relics lvl 20 is more dps than level 21 Holy relic.

3) Specters might help you stay alive a lot. You can drop Unearth from your weapon and swap some gems to fit in Summon Specter in your helm. 2x They of Tul or 2x Ruins Hellion will boost your tankines by a lot. Just puts your totem in your weapon. It won't let you trigger it, but that's fine

4) Maybe farm a bit for Empower 4. Its a massive damage boost.

5) Don't try to face tank high wave enemies. Use your Forbidden Taste at full HP just for phasing and run through crowds. Only stop to activate Static strike once in a while or cast a punishment before you run through. On bosses - Decoy totem is your friend.

6) It would be nice if you could get a Corrupted Blood jewel. Your flask works, but you massively reduce it power by having it remove corrupted blood, instead ofo just being immune to it.

7) There is no reason NOT to use elder currency on your boots. Give them a couple of mods for pretty much free. There are good things there that might help you. Drop Sapped ground is one. Free 6% damage reduciton.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Mar 28, 2022, 12:33:32 AM
"

Well it depends on what are you dying from.

I can see you fixed lot of the things since you posted already.

1) If you wanna be using Asenath - get Anvil corrupted with extra curse. You can't use punishment currently, and it helps a bit. I usually swap to boss killer gloves (vulnerability) around wave 25.

2) Divergent Holy relics lvl 20 is more dps than level 21 Holy relic.

3) Specters might help you stay alive a lot. You can drop Unearth from your weapon and swap some gems to fit in Summon Specter in your helm. 2x They of Tul or 2x Ruins Hellion will boost your tankines by a lot. Just puts your totem in your weapon. It won't let you trigger it, but that's fine

4) Maybe farm a bit for Empower 4. Its a massive damage boost.

5) Don't try to face tank high wave enemies. Use your Forbidden Taste at full HP just for phasing and run through crowds. Only stop to activate Static strike once in a while or cast a punishment before you run through. On bosses - Decoy totem is your friend.

6) It would be nice if you could get a Corrupted Blood jewel. Your flask works, but you massively reduce it power by having it remove corrupted blood, instead ofo just being immune to it.

7) There is no reason NOT to use elder currency on your boots. Give them a couple of mods for pretty much free. There are good things there that might help you. Drop Sapped ground is one. Free 6% damage reduciton.

Thanks! This helps alot

And I'm think I'm done experimenting and tweaking this build for the league. I'm pretty happy where it currently is, and other things I would might do - is just get better life/resists on rare gear. Not worth the effort.

I know, I know, you want 30 mill PoB
Spoiler

I'll list it a bit later below.

Changes done to the build
Spoiler

1) Simplified weapon crafting method.
Spoiler

Very simple - get a base with Alva mod, Craft multimod, Hits can't be Evaded, and Trigger.

Why do this - very simple - with Hits can't be evaded, you can refund entire bottom part of the passive skill tree. What to do with this skill points? Invest it in second cluster.

2) Addition of second cluster.
Spoiler
It helps with several things.
One is making your minions tankier. The second set of Renewal and Feasting Fiends really helps keeping your specters/AG alive.

It also ads 2 more jewel sockets that I used to get Burning ground immunity and some life.

Its pretty much always worth transition for second cluster, it provides a lot of utility at cost of a bit life from passive skill points.

3) Removed Anointed Flesh (+1 to all resist passive ring).
Spoiler
I never felt its doing anything to me to begin with, but even if you want to keep the value, you can +1 max res from small cluster jewel for less points.

Its still very much worth getting early on though.

4) Decided to polish and go with Crit Relic build.
Spoiler

This is where 30 mill DPS comes from.

To reduce the text I try to condense all the things I tested into tl;dr

- You do a tiny bit less damage when clearing maps ( not an issue, you still oneshot everything)

- You do A LOT more damage to bosses. Pretty much melt everything.

- This damage comes with downside of awkwardness and loss of tanky stats.
Spoiler
You have to use 2 specific specters - Host Chieftain. All the do - give relics power charges. No utility. Nothing. Just 2 specters gone. They also tend to die in a very high end content like sim 30 or super juice maps. ( not on bosses though). Second Cluster helps with that a little bit.

You have to use Vixen's Entrapment to press one button instead of 2.
That in turn makes socketing gems on gloves swap very awkward.

You have less gem slots. Might gonna need second Unset ring.

You don't have taunt totem. You don't have permanent Plaguebringer from nearby corpses.

About 35% damage reduction -ish lost - but I still think its worth because you kill dangerous bosses so much more faster.

5) Forbidden Flame - Forbbiden Flesh.
Spoiler
Tried out different combos, but I'm still leaning to Bastion of Elements.
Its 2400 extra life that heals itself up on a 5 second cooldown. Feels very nice both in maps and bosses.

But I mean its not too realistic you will ever get that set of jewels even in trade. Still those jewel slots could be used for life+minion damage jewels.

70 quant Feared with crit build
30 mill DMG PoB - https://pastebin.com/CjMLA0Sx
My current PoB (Slightly more realistic) - https://pastebin.com/2xdYELGv
I honestly thought this build was a meme, but, after giving it a try myself, it's easily become one of the most powerful and accessible characters I've ever played and I don't even have my AG online yet. Even on a ~8 ex budget it's performed fantastically, and every upgrade past that has felt reasonably obtainable and significant. Great build, will maybe try starting it next league too.
I see a huge difference between using Anvil and Ashes.
Would enchanting Anvil with Whispe of Doom give a compromis of defence and a good offence? Anyone tried?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info