[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done. PoB updated

"
shun71 wrote:
hi fire_archer and thanks again for share your build,

may i ask to you how do you approach to the Vaal temple Maap boss?

it's really disturbing this map , 3 0r 4 times with no good result ,unbelievable!

Not surprising that's like one of the hardest bosses in the game.
But Decoy Totem of high level is your friend.
Also you need to kill the trio in specific order to make it easier. I suggest you to just look up a guide on that boss.
1. Got double corrupt shield
1. Finally swapped to the better helmet and got Anomalous Raise Spectre (running three They of Tul)
2. Got 2nd Unset ring to offset my inclusion of Raise Spectre.
3. Got 2nd Megalomaniac and swapped older one, now my fire Res is also 82% just like cold one. Decided to go for it because of the 2nd corrupt mod to the shield
4. Went ham on Primordial Bond (x3) for funsies. Now my phys res is upgraded by flat +13% when I summon Chaos Golem.

And speaking of the latter, which +1 golem ascendancy (via new unique jewels) would be the most beneficial to the build - Liege of the Primordial? Want to try it for "fun", my inner hipster doesn't really want to get what most HR Necros seem to be getting (Plaguebringer which is also a bit more expensive).

So my plans are:

1. Get +1 golem jewels
2. Get better boots - and speaking of boots are there any particular mods that I should pay attention to? My AGuardian already has Brittle boots.
3. Finally craft 4 second trigger weapon.
Last edited by MrCinos on Mar 4, 2022, 3:45:26 PM
ok, thank you.
Got Liege of the Primordial jewels (+1 Golem and +100% buff effect, now I get +18% flat phys reduction from A. Chaos Golem), but after discovering Thread of Hope jewel exists, I rolled -10% Medium ring one and I realized I could've just gotten Golem Commander node (+1 Golem and +40% buff effect) for the price of 1 Jewel slot instead of two. Not to mention those Forbidden jewels cost me 20+ ex as well.

From the same medium Thread of Hope slotted into the top jewel slot you can also get Cruel Preparation (+10% life +5% all res) node which is a straight upgrade to one of the Life Masteries (+10% life -10% Life recovery rate) and Arcane Will for bigger mana pool and mana regen - as for now I have to use mana regen node from one of the Megalomaniacs in order for my Flickers to actually chain all the time. I'll probably get all 3 of those nodes in a level or two. And then swap my pair of Forbidden Flesh/Flame unique jewels for different ascendancy, though I can also leave it and try fitting in a different 3rd golem gem...
Last edited by MrCinos on Mar 5, 2022, 1:20:13 PM
Hello fire_archer, i'm having a lot of fun and i arrived at t16 very calmly thanks for this build

but i'm stuck, can you help me with future upgrades? hitkill randoms, max simulacrum wave = 23

maybe i was lucky in the megalomaniac with extra block chance and imune to burning ground

maybe try to aim for a boot with desecrated ground immunity?

around 600k dps - 4k300 hp - 2k es -- 75% both blocks - elemental resist cap

pastebin if anyone wants to see https://pastebin.com/i4Es4Zfu
"
Flyren1 wrote:
Hello fire_archer, i'm having a lot of fun and i arrived at t16 very calmly thanks for this build

but i'm stuck, can you help me with future upgrades? hitkill randoms, max simulacrum wave = 23

maybe i was lucky in the megalomaniac with extra block chance and imune to burning ground

maybe try to aim for a boot with desecrated ground immunity?

around 600k dps - 4k300 hp - 2k es -- 75% both blocks - elemental resist cap

pastebin if anyone wants to see https://pastebin.com/i4Es4Zfu

I'm not a big expert, but at the very least you want to get +40% Summon Holy Relic damage enchant on your helmet, solid damage boost without swapping/changing any piece of the equipment. The enchant got a bit expensive though: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/9nWLM8HK

if you don't want to run the lab yourself.

Your flasks are terrible. Why do you need two life flasks (only 1 life flask works at a time) and/or immunity to corrupted blood or bleeding on them when you have Steelskin (blood immunity) and Corrupted Blood immunity on a jewel. Not to mention how little life they recover. Unlike something like Life Flask (ignore temporary enchant) I'm running:

Definitely get Taste of Hate and Olroth's Resolve flasks at the very least - they will add a lot to your survivability. Don't forget to +quality them and add enchant for auto-use in the crafting bench for them too. You shouldn't have any need for mana flask as well at this point. You can use a good Granite flask or Topaz/Ruby one if you're still dying sometimes on the maps that have extra fire/lightning damage as physical.

Carrion Golem sucks, get Anomalous Chaos Golem for a flat physical reduction, it's too good with +quality from the ashes amulet IMO.

Also, Decoy Totem doesn't get triggered from your weapon. I'm fairly sure that's the case for all totems as I tried it myself and then double checked on wiki/reddit. You should use Frost Bomb (so good vs life regen) or Unearth instead. Can also try Punishment but you will need Whispers of Doom anointment and get rid of the ring with the on hit curse. No idea what curse is even working for you atm since by default curse limit is 1 and in your current setup you constantly apply two curses over each other via the ring and gloves.

I'd also try Animate Guardian in the helmet instead of Steelskin - Fire Archer mentioned on one the few pages back some cheap setup for it. It's too good to pass up. Once you notice it doesn't die at all, get Garb of the Ephemeral Savant's Robe + Kingmaker for the Guardian. You get Immune to crits + Fortify + Culling Strike for "free". As for Steelskin, move it to Unset Ring with +2/3 levels to socketed gems mod if you can afford it alongsides good life/res as Steelskin scales with levels nicely.

Anoint your Amulet with Juggernaut or Prismatic Skin if you can afford it. Though I'd personally go with Prismatic Skin on a better rolled amulet (20% reservation / 28+% quality).

Consider getting Watcher's Eye (Zealotry synergy + w/e) and that additional Jewel Socket below Barbarism node if you can't fit it in. Though I'd get that socket anyway personally.

I don't think going for Desecrated Grounds immunity worth it too, but definitely get better boots with better Armour and some Energy Shield on them. Once you will be going through rings / boots / belt upgrades I'd also advise looking out for Chaos resistance to cap it or at least come closer to the cap for starters.
Last edited by MrCinos on Mar 8, 2022, 8:41:53 AM
Thanks for this B. I have almost completed all the challenges in the game. I've also tweaked the finishing touches on defense, resulting in very few deaths with more than 22k armour
My POB: https://pastebin.com/tmQVk9yQ
"
vinh312 wrote:
Thanks for this B. I have almost completed all the challenges in the game. I've also tweaked the finishing touches on defense, resulting in very few deaths with more than 22k armour
My POB: https://pastebin.com/tmQVk9yQ

It's interesting that unlike me who went ham on Jewel sockets, you seem to be avoiding them despite two of them requiring only 2 points each.

So instead of 10-20% max life from two-four small nodes you can have x2 jewels with 40 life / 7% life / 8% es each (if you really want more hp/es) and that's just with one single mod. I'd think everything else on top of those single mods would worth losing a small amount of health.

If/when you upgrade to 4 second trigger weapon your Plaguebringer would be active all the time and abyss jewel mods like Minions deal 15-20% increased damage if you've used minion skill recently as well. Could get 2 more of similar jewels that you have in the belt in those 2 extra slots you can get with 2 points each for example.
Last edited by MrCinos on Mar 8, 2022, 9:19:49 AM
Have an entire build if anyone is looking. Just message me here or in game.

Due to recent, very unhappy events in my life, I can play or even leave messages here as much as I want.

Still, while I have a little moment of time, I decided to put my frustration into roasting other people.

And thus we gonna have a little bit

"You are doing everything wrong" kind of moment.
Spoiler
This a screenshot taken from Poe-ninja of high level necromancer using holy relic. Try and say everything is wrong with it. I will make a list below. Starting from the top.

Spoiler

1) "Attacks per second 1.20" This is something you should always avoid. Slow attack speed. This one here is the slowest. With 1.20 you will start your attack today and finish it at the start of a new league. Always go for at least 1.40. 1.50 is a gold standard. Everything above is a nice bonus.

2) "Quality gives increased Area of Effect" is could be worse, but again it doesn't do much. It doesn't affect your relics, it affects your static strike ever so slightly. What you want to get is "Quality gives increased attack range"

3) "Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers"

That one right there requires a bit more explanation. This mod is used on a scepter that has +1 all spell skill gems to craft extra 51% minion damage and a Trigger craft.

Loaded PoB with a similar scepter that has Alva mod + Trigger craft alone shows 2% DPS difference.

Exalts paid for crafting multimod is no way worth the price. Never do that.

4) "Molten Shell" socketed in the weapon. This is a common mistake for pretty much any skill you would put in.

Trigger craft makes it so you can only cast the spell ever 8 seconds.

8 second cooldown on a 4 second ability that you want to be up as much as possible.

This means you pretty much double the cooldown of Molten shell.

This is also true for curses. You can put a curse on a trigger weapon, but it will only activate this often.

Hand casting the curse not better in terms of being active right when you need it, but also activates Doom mechanic that makes handcasted curses more powerful than triggered ones.

Spoiler

Spoiler
1) 6L Rotting Legion. The chest comes from blight only. Getting it is prolly harder than getting +1 gems tabula/6L Dialla's Malefaction.
But lets see what it does.

2) "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Meat Shield" - level 1 meat shield doesn't give much (compared to level 20). It only gives 20% more damage and also makes relics cost more mana. And while 20% may seem a lot, +1 all gems gives ~30%-40% more damage at no mana cost.

3) "1% less Elemental Damage taken per Raised Zombie" - nor our build, nor build in PoE-ninja had no zombie gem in their entire kit. This mod, may be powerful, but there is no way zombies stay alive.

4) "Signal Pray"/"Predator" support.
This is interesting one. Because Predator has both active part - the mark ability that you need to put on a target, and a passive/support gem part, PoB counts it as both active and support skill gem. It gets +levels for active gems and +levels for support gems, while in the game it only gets +level of support gems.
This makes its level in PoB much higher than its actually is.
Every time you see someone using Predator - know they are PoB warriors or misguided.

That being said, Predator does provide more damage than alteratives. In my case I use level 20 Anomalous Meat Shield. Predator provides 6% more damage to marked target.
I think its clear why would not want using it. Extra button to press, only works for the single target you mark, while Meat Shield provides tankiness, works on all enemies in range of relics, and has less mana cost multi.

Last edited by Fire_Archer on Mar 9, 2022, 10:54:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info