[3.12] Solo Aurastack Guardian - 70m sDPS with ~90k ehp (3.13 manifesto addressed)

"
Snellious wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hello. Just seeking input and wondering how real is my dps in my POB.
I just don't know what's actually active on the Config tab.

The main difference between my setup and most other people is that I do not use the RMR notables from cluster jewels.

My pastebin is as follows:
https://pastebin.com/CwrQpSB0

Would like to see a higher EK damage.

Any input and opinions appreciated!

for guardians in config select charges, chill and shock. If you have bottled faith add consecrated ground. Inspiration (if it was in your 6l) or Intensify as you have pinpoint. Haste (and vaal haste though you cant really use it on sirus) and normal RF (unless CI).

Your POB has around 2.7m shaper DPS.

Not using the small cluster notables just means less auras are possible.. you have 11 + 2 herald, i have 12 + 2 heralds + 1 aspect. The small cluster notables are less use on CI (Saqawal's Nest) for really high RMR.

If you want more DPS, alt qual gems and gear corruptions are where its at.

Thank you for your input!
I have been playing around with your PoB a bit more and identified all difference i still have to get the same dps as yours. On paper, the biggest one is bottled faith as it makes for about 30% dps in PoB. It is however also quite a pricey one and it would at the same time take the spot of another flask that could be useful. I have never used it, nor any other source of consecrated ground and it's too expensive to buy it for just experimenting. If i read the text of it however, my thought is "how many of my targets will actually be on consecrated ground ? Wont i be moving several screens between uses and it only really being useful for bosses ? Can you tell me something about how reality compares theory here ?

Another question i have is on frostbite. It looks like you have to cast it manually. Since it provides just 12% dps, i know i wont be casting it. Im too lazy to cast smite already except at tough times which causes about 100% extra dps. (considering to use increased duration on it to make it feel more worthwhile to cast) Now there should also be the options to use frostbite from a skill gem with blasphemy. This would require some mayor playing around with other sockets/auras/reservation etc and that would come at a significant dps or survivability price obviously. My question is if PoB has an error here or if there is someting i misunderstand: When i put frostbite with blasphemy in sockets on your build instead of dash with arcane surge, it seems to provide about the same dps boost as the frostbite on your ring. Blasphemy however sais that frostbite now counts as an aura, so i figure +300% aura effect should turn that -44% cold resistance into -176% cold resistance. (and thus be worth sacrificing quite some stuff to make it possible) Do you know what is happening here and why PoB shows it providing the same dps boost as the hand cast skill from your ring ?

Last edited by NonExistingName on Nov 7, 2020, 12:57:54 AM
"
I have been playing around with your PoB a bit more and identified all difference i still have to get the same dps as yours. On paper, the biggest one is bottled faith as it makes for about 30% dps in PoB. It is however also quite a pricey one and it would at the same time take the spot of another flask that could be useful. I have never used it, nor any other source of consecrated ground and it's too expensive to buy it for just experimenting. If i read the text of it however, my thought is "how many of my targets will actually be on consecrated ground ? Wont i be moving several screens between uses and it only really being useful for bosses ? Can you tell me something about how reality compares theory here ?

Another question i have is on frostbite. It looks like you have to cast it manually. Since it provides just 12% dps, i know i wont be casting it. Im too lazy to cast smite already except at tough times which causes about 100% extra dps. (considering to use increased duration on it to make it feel more worthwhile to cast) Now there should also be the options to use frostbite from a skill gem with blasphemy. This would require some mayor playing around with other sockets/auras/reservation etc and that would come at a significant dps or survivability price obviously. My question is if PoB has an error here or if there is someting i misunderstand: When i put frostbite with blasphemy in sockets on your build instead of dash with arcane surge, it seems to provide about the same dps boost as the frostbite on your ring. Blasphemy however sais that frostbite now counts as an aura, so i figure +300% aura effect should turn that -44% cold resistance into -176% cold resistance. (and thus be worth sacrificing quite some stuff to make it possible) Do you know what is happening here and why PoB shows it providing the same dps boost as the hand cast skill from your ring ?

Zealotry also creates consecrated ground, but I only use bottled faith for bosses or stationary fights like harbingers/delve encounters, but its a good size area.

Self cast frostbite is really only there for poeninja, I used to use it for shaper/sirus/elder but it makes such a little difference it isn't worth, ele weak on hit gloves are WAY better because it would always be up. Aura effect that we scale does NOTHING for blasphemy, as its not a "non-curse aura".

The issue with Blasphemy is its 2+ sockets and it reserves mana. Both the sockets and the mana could be better used on auras.

Smite again I only really use for bosses/stationary encounters but with the 4 first among equal nodes it has a reasonable duration.

I started playing again after a long stop. i wanted to try this build. I have some survival problems against bosses (uber atziri, t15+ maps, guardians.. etc). do you have any advice?

https://pastebin.com/xfSaHaUJ
"
karag0r wrote:
I started playing again after a long stop. i wanted to try this build. I have some survival problems against bosses (uber atziri, t15+ maps, guardians.. etc). do you have any advice?

https://pastebin.com/xfSaHaUJ

Try to cap chaos resist for most things (getting it on most of your clusters is the only real option), nothing will keep you alive in atziri.
How hard is it to craft the 35% medium clusters First among Equal / purposeful ?

Also i find this Watchers eye to be really nice, i used the same one back in delirium when i had my EK stacker.. it gives less dmg than urs but it gives some survivability.

Also i think this enchant helps a lot in clear speed..should i keep it or try to get regenerate 2% life on hit?

Last edited by iamDoudar on Nov 8, 2020, 4:13:51 AM
"
iamDoudar wrote:
How hard is it to craft the 35% medium clusters First among Equal / purposeful ?

Also i find this Watchers eye to be really nice, i used the same one back in delirium when i had my EK stacker.. it gives less dmg than urs but it gives some survivability.

Also i think this enchant helps a lot in clear speed..should i keep it or try to get regenerate 2% life on hit?

I didn't craft any of mine, but first among is easy enough (on paper at least), purposeful is next to impossible. The issue is the ilvl 84 6 passive clusters cost almost as much as rolled ones.

Pen is one of the good watchers eye damage mods and ES recovery rate is one of the good sustain mods... if it was for EK you would need the wrath 40% phys convert to lightning. Other top tier damage mods are cast speed and increased damage taken on consecrated grounds. Lightning and cold damage are tier 2 damage mods and critical strike chance are ok.

For enchants you have cast speed, regen, pen or flat lightning damage... any work.

Be aware you can get more cast speed than you can use, cost of spell * cast per second / 2 (if using spell echo) vs mana regen. If less regen then spend you will have issues.
Last edited by Snellious on Nov 8, 2020, 5:14:38 AM
"
Snellious wrote:
I didn't craft any of mine, but first among is easy enough (on paper at least), purposeful is next to impossible. The issue is the ilvl 84 6 passive clusters cost almost as much as rolled ones.

Pen is one of the good watchers eye damage mods and ES recovery rate is one of the good sustain mods... if it was for EK you would need the wrath 40% phys convert to lightning. Other top tier damage mods are cast speed and increased damage taken on consecrated grounds. Lightning and cold damage are tier 2 damage mods and critical strike chance are ok.

For enchants you have cast speed, regen, pen or flat lightning damage... any work.

Be aware you can get more cast speed than you can use, cost of spell * cast per second / 2 (if using spell echo) vs mana regen. If less regen then spend you will have issues.

yeah i ran into the mana and cast speed issue when i had someone in party buffing me, so i had to stop every 10 casts for a sec then again.. but i had clarity at level 6 only i wanted to keep it low till i sort out all my reservations first before i level it, so i pushed it till level 12 and things got sorted out. i have lower mana regen than you though right now.

i went in Avian of the spider fight with -30 chaos and damn it i got erased :D so had to buy my new crystal belt, now with flask i am capped.

nice build mate, keep the updates, i am trying to follow your footsteps as much as i can though ;d
Last edited by iamDoudar on Nov 8, 2020, 5:56:14 AM
"
iamDoudar wrote:

yeah i ran into the mana and cast speed issue when i had someone in party buffing me, so i had to stop every 10 casts for a sec then again.. but i had clarity at level 6 only i wanted to keep it low till i sort out all my reservations first before i level it, so i pushed it till level 12 and things got sorted out. i have lower mana regen than you though right now.

i went in Avian of the spider fight with -30 chaos and damn it i got erased :D so had to buy my new crystal belt, now with flask i am capped.

nice build mate, keep the updates, i am trying to follow your footsteps as much as i can though ;d

Haven't updated it in a while but I'm keeping up with questions so I hope that counts :)

The damage of this build can get insane, I kill final phase of a8 Sirus before his mega beam.

If I was to update my current POB I could get 35% purposeful clusters for the remaining 2, 3voices, a +1 shavs and a double damage nebulis... all of those are really expensive and truthfully not needed... ive been #1 shav/arc guardian on poeninja since I started this guide (there is a scion beating me and his build is insane with like 325m+ shaper dps).
Last edited by Snellious on Nov 8, 2020, 6:12:54 AM
"
Snellious wrote:

Haven't updated it in a while but I'm keeping up with questions so I hope that counts :)

The damage of this build can get insane, I kill final phase of a8 Sirus before his mega beam.

If I was to update my current POB I could get 35% purposeful clusters for the remaining 2, 3voices, a +1 shavs and a double damage nebulis... all of those are really expensive and truthfully not needed... ive been #1 shav/arc guardian on poeninja since I started this guide (there is a scion beating me and his build is insane with like 325m+ shaper dps).

In delirium i played a similar build before they nerf the clusters, i had around 140mil with EK it was crazy and super tanky.

why you choose Templar over Scion? budget wise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info