[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

"
MowgliNZ wrote:
Im just wondering from reading the replys here. do we still go for blind and paradoxica or not?

This build doesn't have evasion. Blind now only works with evasion builds. So the blind part of Blind Paradoxica now gives this build nothing.

Do note that this build guide(and PoB) is not very up-to-date(Blind Paradoxica despite having no evasion? Fortify Support & "Melee hits fortify" passive used together in "Very Early Maps Version"? Like WTF?) So you gotta take this build guide with a grain of salt.

3.16.0 Patch notes Here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3186390
Last edited by Polemo03 on Oct 31, 2021, 10:55:03 PM
im having trouble killing Conquerors for spawning sirius... how do you kill them when 2 sets of vaal double strike doesnt kill them?

Using reave against the boss doesnt seem to really do much dmg at all and will take forever + lots of dodging to not die.

anyone can help with using this build for fighting bosses?

"
izint wrote:
im having trouble killing Conquerors for spawning sirius... how do you kill them when 2 sets of vaal double strike doesnt kill them?

Using reave against the boss doesnt seem to really do much dmg at all and will take forever + lots of dodging to not die.

anyone can help with using this build for fighting bosses?

This build uses Blade Flurry for single target damage. More accurately, Ancestral Protector + Vaal ancestral warchief + Vaal double strike + Blade flurry.

This requires gem swaps.
Last edited by Polemo03 on Oct 31, 2021, 11:08:07 PM

Put together build from items i had laying around on stash...followed 3.16 pob listed in guide....I know my choas resist isnt that great and can be improved upon...not sure yet if i want to continue build...map clear is okish...def have to get used to it...all about positioning...single target is ok with VDS...but when facing map bosses with phases it can be annoying...have to whittle them down with primary skill to last phase and then pop vaal skills...with current setup am able to do t16 maps but just doesnt feel all too great...still get 1 shotted too many times to feel comfortable...at this low level I look for build potential to determine whether or not i want to continue with it...so far i am def on the fence...being im in std and have gear laying around its no real loss...but in temp league i really cant recommend because its possible you will hit a brick wall and be wasting time and currency...or perhaps if you are a pob warrior maybe you can come up with a cluster jewel endgame setup that will put this build where it needs to be...
"
xmasbby78 wrote:

Put together build from items i had laying around on stash...followed 3.16 pob listed in guide....I know my choas resist isnt that great and can be improved upon...not sure yet if i want to continue build...map clear is okish...def have to get used to it...all about positioning...single target is ok with VDS...but when facing map bosses with phases it can be annoying...have to whittle them down with primary skill to last phase and then pop vaal skills...with current setup am able to do t16 maps but just doesnt feel all too great...still get 1 shotted too many times to feel comfortable...at this low level I look for build potential to determine whether or not i want to continue with it...so far i am def on the fence...being im in std and have gear laying around its no real loss...but in temp league i really cant recommend because its possible you will hit a brick wall and be wasting time and currency...or perhaps if you are a pob warrior maybe you can come up with a cluster jewel endgame setup that will put this build where it needs to be...

Seems like alot of ppl are struggling with this build as it has deviated quite a bit from OP's original glad version. I have quite a different philosophy from the build creator on how to play melee characters and have adapted his guide to suit my playstyle instead. If anyone is interested, feel free to check my character out. I am currently using champ with versatile combatant with max chaos res and 6k hp. I am able to do semi-juiced t16 maps with triple beyond + deli & scourge with no issues. I have yet to do maven/the feared but it shouldn't be a problem as I have cleared most of the bosses with no issue and my gear isn't even close to min-maxed yet. Feel free to pm me via the forums or in game (IGN: DemonSlayerNoobNoob) if you are committed to making reave work.

TLDR - As it is my 6th league in a row playing a melee skill, all melee build will forever feel clunky if you don't have a permanent source of the explody mod.

"
"
ihavesoul1 wrote:
That build is weak, no more .
It'c not a "100% maps & mad strong in scourge undieble e.t.c"
You have to invest A LOT for be unkillable, you have to invest A LOT for play that build.
That NOT a starter at all. You need 4-5 ex for START , just for yellow maps.
And prepare to use 4 buttons for kill ST.
Gl hf.

Miners, Trapers, Poison, Spellslinger, Corruptin Fewer MUCH better for start, they have MUCH more clear speed, they have much MORE potential for upgrades
Also they are not melee builds

That build dying like a popcorn on high tier maps

I couldn't agree more. I leveled this to 89 and spent around 10-15ex and it's a very disappointing build. I don't recommend anyone using this, specially for this league.

• Clear Speed: B - Decent clear but many crippling modifiers will make you reroll mods all the time.
  • Bossing: D - Bad ST damage. Squishy. Skill change.
  • Tankyness: D - This build is squishy at endgame, specially from spell damage. This league's mechanic doesn't help.
  • Cost: C - 10ex+ To get disappointing results. No SSF, bad starter.
  • Ease of use: C - Hard, you need 5 auras + 8 buttons + pots. Even more if you switch skill for bosses. The guide is a mess with a lot of outdated info.
  • Overall: C - Don't waste your time, find a better build

Sounds like this melee build is complete utter shit in relation to good cheap builds that scale damage of gem levels and are a lot more tanky for less budget.
Also its incomprehensible how people can go with Abyssus as a melee in a very rippy league and barely any worthwhile defense. Im curious whats your guys "max hit taken" against physical when stuff like Immortal Call is down?

Edit: Just realized my current PoB version doesnt even factor in the 40% increased Phys damage taken from Abyssus into consideration. Man people will get tricked pretty hard by those fake PoBs.
Last edited by zzang on Nov 1, 2021, 6:23:11 AM
Is it possible to use this build with a cyclone? Or is it a bad idea?
I changed the reave to a cyclone. Vall Cyclone 16m dps.
https://pastebin.com/38cp8jYk
Sorry for my google translate english.
Last edited by Kokoshnik on Nov 1, 2021, 5:55:17 AM
You need to understand the following:

-This is not a tanky build, it has a survival only ok, even toxic rain is much more tanky than it (and has more dps at first).

-Abyssus will kill you most of the time.

-Reave is horrible for single target.

-It's not a beginner build, you will need a Paradoxica or a good foil, ryslata belt and a curse so that in the end it is "ok" to use.

-The t19 video is from before the apocalyptic nerfs, even today, we're not at the same level as before 3.14. Also, there was hardly any juice there, a t16/17 with triple beyond is MUCH harder than an empty t19, and even the min-max of this build will still struggle to do everything comfortably without an HH.

This was a good build to start with, I used it myself before 3.14. I could evolve very well with just an Ichimonji.
Not sure what you on about buddy but this league changes to defences actually made Abyssus usable for the 1st time ever. Feel free to check my character profile.
"

Seems like alot of ppl are struggling with this build as it has deviated quite a bit from OP's original glad version. I have quite a different philosophy from the build creator on how to play melee characters and have adapted his guide to suit my playstyle instead. If anyone is interested, feel free to check my character out. I am currently using champ with versatile combatant with max chaos res and 6k hp. I am able to do semi-juiced t16 maps with triple beyond + deli & scourge with no issues. I have yet to do maven/the feared but it shouldn't be a problem as I have cleared most of the bosses with no issue and my gear isn't even close to min-maxed yet. Feel free to pm me via the forums or in game (IGN: DemonSlayerNoobNoob) if you are committed to making reave work.

TLDR - As it is my 6th league in a row playing a melee skill, all melee build will forever feel clunky if you don't have a permanent source of the explody mod.

Just changed from the original described build to yours.

Works like a charm and feels way smoother and not so squishy. Thanks mate.
IGN: Hacktis
Last edited by max1203 on Nov 1, 2021, 8:07:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info