3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

Hi there,
can you give me advice, what to buy next ? To play higher Tier maps ?

I have lvl 83, very bad gear and enemies penetrate my anus very often ... :D

My currency status to upgrade: +- 260 chaos..

Ty
"
Bergv wrote:
This build is working amazing for me. Just recently made this sceptre, amulet and helmet. The items were pretty easy to make! Crafting 'cannot roll attack mods' makes crafting these items a breeze.
Have a bit of work left to do on them (change res on amulet to minimum frenzy probably, get better cast speed on sceptre, and remove rarity of items on helm for something better).
Easily killed AW9 Sirus last night and have done the 4 shaper guardian, 4 elder guardian, and 4 breach boss fights.
Going to be attempting Maven and Shaper, Elder, Cortex, Chayula, and Atziri fight soon! Thanks for the build!

Can you explain how you made the sceptre?
Last edited by Shadafaka on Jan 27, 2021, 2:15:47 PM
"
HELLERcz wrote:
Hi there,
can you give me advice, what to buy next ? To play higher Tier maps ?

I have lvl 83, very bad gear and enemies penetrate my anus very often ... :D

My currency status to upgrade: +- 260 chaos..

Ty

You need to get yourself a nice chest piece. You can get a pretty good 6 link chest with life and resist for 50c or less. Same things with your rings! You need as much life, res and dex as you can get on those. Your belt is doing almost nothing for you - get one with res and life or use Soul Tether (which is an amazing defensive belt). With a 260c budget, you should have plenty of currency to get good upgrades in those slots. Your amulet could use some work too. Crit strike multiplier does nothing for us since we use elemental overload.

So essentially, focus on getting gear with more life and more res. And trying to squeeze in some dex modifiers with good rolls.
"
Shadafaka wrote:
"
Bergv wrote:
This build is working amazing for me. Just recently made this sceptre, amulet and helmet. The items were pretty easy to make! Crafting 'cannot roll attack mods' makes crafting these items a breeze.
Have a bit of work left to do on them (change res on amulet to minimum frenzy probably, get better cast speed on sceptre, and remove rarity of items on helm for something better).
Easily killed AW9 Sirus last night and have done the 4 shaper guardian, 4 elder guardian, and 4 breach boss fights.
Going to be attempting Maven and Shaper, Elder, Cortex, Chayula, and Atziri fight soon! Thanks for the build!

Can you explain how you made the sceptre?

Yeah no problem! I started with a sceptre that was ilvl84, warlord influenced and had the +1 to spell skill gems mod on it already (this is because there isn't a way to force that mod on there, and it's one of the lowest weighted mods in the game).

You ideally need the +1 to spell gems to be the only prefix on there. You also need two suffixes on there (ideally ones that you can target remove, that aren't caster tags). Once you have the 1 prefix and two suffixes, you craft 'cannot roll attack mods'. This fills up your suffixes with three.

You will then 'augment item with a physical modifier' twice! You are guaranteed to get the +1 to physical spell skill gems and the % of phys as extra fire damage. You should now have 3 prefixes, along with 3 suffixes.

Now is the time to try and remove the 2 suffixes that aren't 'cannot roll attack mods'. Once I did that for mine, I used the 'augment item with a new influence modifier'. I got pretty lucky getting the fire exposure mod, but there is not a 100% to guarantee you get it.

After I got the fire exposure mod, I used the 'augment item with a speed modifier' harvest craft. This guarantees a cast speed modifier.

And lastly of course, I craft on 'trigger a socketed spell' over the 'cannot roll attack mods'.

I got a bit lucky with my augment influence modifier roll. It's safer to just multi craft the item at that point and put on 'increased fire damage' and 'chance to deal double damage'. But it's up to you!

I hope this helped.
Dex skills with no Dex on the tree. Rolling 150 Dex on gear should be fun.

Also, switching to Blade Blast mid-leveling was a huge mistake. This skill is a joke.
Even as 4L it's 1% of the DPS I get with 3L Smite--Ancestral Call--Ele Damage With Attacks...
Which BTW was way better for leveling than suggestions.

And the respec for Blade Blast is so bad you may as well skip the 1st leveling tree and use the 2nd tree off the bat to save yourself a huge headache and 20+ refunds you won't even have.

Just... why is this such a mess?
Last edited by Brian on Jan 27, 2021, 5:31:34 PM
"
Brian wrote:

Also, switching to Blade Blast mid-leveling was a huge mistake. This skill is a joke.
Even as 4L it's 1% of the DPS I get with 3L Smite--Ancestral Call--Ele Damage With Attacks...

And the respec for Blade Blast is so bad you may as well skip the 1st leveling tree and use the 2nd tree off the bat to save yourself a huge headache and 20+ refunds you won't even have.

the damage is insane while levelling. your current gear is what you were playing with? you need a bladefall to proc blades to use with blade blast, you can't just use blast on it's own
"
crazypearce wrote:
"
Brian wrote:

the damage is insane while levelling. your current gear is what you were playing with? you need a bladefall to proc blades to use with blade blast, you can't just use blast on it's own

Yeah, you absolutely need blade fall to detonate blades. Otherwise, what is blade blast denotating? That one explosion? A few more things to help:

1) Do not use conc effect for blade blast- you want that to be increased aoe if you wanna go down that route so your blades overlap more (after you fix the not-using-bladefall issue).

2) Why are you using shiversting? Probably even lifesprig and putting bladefall in that is superior. Or any wand with spell damage.

3) Use herald of purity. You don't currently use it. I think you're high enough level to use it?

Bladeblast/blade fall leveling is actually pretty good. The issue here is you switched from your melee build while keeping all your equipment for your melee char rather than a spell char. You also don't use the right skills. Fix those and you should have a breeze. This build isn't really a mess, tbh, it's more the weird things you did to setup your char in your transition.

If it makes you feel any better, I too made the mistake of not using bladefall when I made my first bladeblast char/transition. My friend pointed out to me I need to use bladefall with it, and oh boy did that make all the difference. I'm sure the same will be true for you.
IGN: OneEyedShadow
Last edited by Amarantine on Jan 27, 2021, 7:09:12 PM
I am really struggling and was hoping I could get some help here. I've hit level 90 and it's been nothing but pain and suffering since (155 deaths and counting...) I can do up to about T12 maps without too much issue but I'm now at A4 on the Atlas and the conquerors have gotten extremely difficult to kill. If the Maven is healing the map bosses I can't out damage her heals. Lots of yellow trash 1-shots me and I'm hoping I can get some help instead of dumping the build and going to something else. I've had absolute garbage RNG this season -- I have only gotten 4/6 of the trials for Uber lab to spawn (and the same ones keep spawning over and over and over and over and over). I've also still not had an exalt drop with 3 days of playing time. Just not my league, so I've only got about 100c to start making changes.

I was hoping somebody could look at my gear and give me an idea of what pieces to replace and how to do so. I think I got my wand around level 20-30 and I still haven't been able to find/craft something better. The shield feels pretty good, the chest and belt should do for now. Everything else is garbage but trying to buy an upgrade will break my meager bank. Thanks for anyone who spends a few minutes trying to help me out, I appreciate it.

edit: not sure what other people can see, but my Ritual league Chieftain in-game name is nschoke
Last edited by msdunkel on Jan 27, 2021, 7:06:58 PM
"
msdunkel wrote:
I am really struggling and was hoping I could get some help here. I've hit level 90 and it's been nothing but pain and suffering since (155 deaths and counting...) I can do up to about T12 maps without too much issue but I'm now at A4 on the Atlas and the conquerors have gotten extremely difficult to kill. If the Maven is healing the map bosses I can't out damage her heals. Lots of yellow trash 1-shots me and I'm hoping I can get some help instead of dumping the build and going to something else. I've had absolute garbage RNG this season -- I have only gotten 4/6 of the trials for Uber lab to spawn (and the same ones keep spawning over and over and over and over and over). I've also still not had an exalt drop with 3 days of playing time. Just not my league, so I've only got about 100c to start making changes.

I was hoping somebody could look at my gear and give me an idea of what pieces to replace and how to do so. I think I got my wand around level 20-30 and I still haven't been able to find/craft something better. The shield feels pretty good, the chest and belt should do for now. Everything else is garbage but trying to buy an upgrade will break my meager bank. Thanks for anyone who spends a few minutes trying to help me out, I appreciate it.

edit: not sure what other people can see, but my Ritual league Chieftain in-game name is nschoke

I took a brief look, imported your char into PoB.

Honestly, it looks OK. Your stats are about ~6k health, about 67k dps per blade blast blade? That seems fine to me. Those are better stats than I had fighting A4, I think, in a group-self-found league.

The biggest thing I would change is I would craft the wand to a trigger spells on use, and I'd put flammability + wave of conviction + tempest shield in there. You get some good damage from auto-casting flammability + exposure so that should really help your dps. And then tempest will up your block, making you a bit tankier. Besides that, idk, more life?

The other thing I personally did was I would exchange vitality for clarity. For me, long boss fights, like Maven healing the boss, were hard primarily because I ran out of mana and the mana flask wasn't enough. Not being able to cast skills = massive dps loss, so I would try to get your mana regen up to maybe 80 or 90. That will help with long boss fights and increase your overall dps throughout the fight.

Your char seems fine to me otherwise, tbh.
IGN: OneEyedShadow
Last edited by Amarantine on Jan 27, 2021, 7:29:21 PM
"
Amarantine wrote:
"
msdunkel wrote:

I took a brief look, important your char into PoB.

Honestly, it looks OK. Your stats are about ~6k health, about 67k dps per blade blast blade? That seems fine to me. Those are better stats than I had fighting A4, I think, in a group-self-found league.

The biggest thing I would change is I would craft the wand to a trigger spells on use, and I'd put flammability + wave of conviction + tempest shield in there. You get some good damage from auto-casting flammability + exposure so that should really help your dps. And then tempest will up your block, making you a bit tankier. Besides that, idk, more life?

The other thing I personally did was I would exchange vitality for clarity. For me, long boss fights, like Maven healing the boss, were hard primarily because I ran out of mana and the mana flask wasn't enough. Not being able to cast skills = massive dps loss, so I would try to get your mana regen up to maybe 80 or 90. That will help with long boss fights and increase your overall dps throughout the fight.

Your char seems fine to me otherwise, tbh.

Well crap I was hoping there was a smoking gun. FYI, I rarely use vitality but I've got room for it so it's there. I typically use Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity, and Skitterbots. I'll give clarity a try since I do often find myself OOM on single target boss fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info