3.11 causing constant crashes.

Afternoon GGG,

I've been experiencing two crashes just after each other.

Basic information.

Both maps was a toxic Sewers T16.
Both maps had a Jun mission active (RIP jun).

I don't know if my game client is uploading crash reports, please send me a pm and i'll upload my crash reports to Dropbox or even send a mail to a GGG support agent.

This seems like a crazy intermittent issue so I understand that this is hard for your teams to identify.

If there are any options I can enable i'll to see if I can track the crashes from my end as I will be able to enable program arguments if needed just need to know what arguments to enable for the teams at the GGG offices

I have quite of bit of space so will be able to create a bigger dump files or if there are more details application logs I can enable I will do so as well.

But any-case thanks for Path of exile over the years.
I'm having the same problem for a few weeks now. At the moment i'm just doing some leveling and testing in standard and the game just randomly closes itself once in a while.
I have been experiencing this constantly with a new character in Heist, but NOT my previous character. This led me to believe it was some effect on my new char (glacial cascade).

I am consistently getting this error in the poe logs after the crash:

[D3D11] CreateTexture2D: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

(GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invalid command passed by the calling application.

If using Vulkan, I get a similar error about the device being removed (aka. not responding).
I read online that this error can sometimes be due to mtx. I toggled off various mtx on my character and played until it crashed again, then continued the testing.

I finally narrowed it down to one thing. Herald of Ice (no MTX) is causing this, for me.

I am using Herald of Ash, Ice and Purity all together. I only have one herald mtx so I can only change one at a time, but adding celestial herald to either purity or ash did nothing to fix the crashes. I put it on herald of ice, and I could play over a whole day without a single crash of this type. Previously, it would be a crash every few maps, sometimes 3-4 crashes in a single map.

Just before writing this post, I tested it briefly by removing the herald of ice mtx, and again using the default one. Didn't even get to complete half the map before crashing with the same error.

I have also had this crash while just standing in hideout (again with no herald of ice mtx), so it doesn't seem to be directly related to combat only. I am using the Divergent Herald of Ice gem, though I don't think that would change much unless it happens to be coded weirdly.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Oct 6, 2020, 10:18:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info