3.11 causing constant crashes.

Same issue aswell.

Random crashes every 5-10min, randomly.

Sadge
Same issues here.
Same shit here everyday i crash 3-4 times..and it wasent like that before this damm harvest patch..something aint right with ggg
I have got it too.
same problem here.
every few minutes the game suddenly closes without any message.

edit 1: I was using Vulkan until now I will change to DirectX
edit 2: I am still having crashes every few hours.
[Blessed by Support]
Last edited by 0Craven0 on Aug 19, 2020, 1:13:17 PM
i think i have the same problem. not quite sure though.

i could play PoE without any problems in the harvest league but yesterday evening, all of a sudden, problems began.

i was delving when my PoE froze and it send me to desktop without any error message. but in my windows notifications i had :
"application was blocked from using graphics hardware Pathofexile_x64.exe"

and now when i open PoE it crashes not later than after 30 seconds. it freezes and 10 seconds later i'm on the desktop again with that notification from windows.

i rolled back my GPU drivers, i completely reinstalled the GPU drivers ( with DDU), i reinstalled PoE etc etc. it just keeps crashing all the time.

i tried other games and they are working just fine. wtf.
Welcome all to the clup !

Let shave a party !
Hello !

League was running without problem until the last patch.

I didn't play for 2-3 days, installed the latest patch 1 hour ago and now i can't play the game.

Drivers are up to date, no materiel change since my last gaming session.

Now the game crashes 2-3 minutes after launch without fail, black screen into desktop.

With Vulkan there is no error displayed, and in the log file i got :

169984 31cb [CRIT Client 9544] [VULKAN] vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Device::waitForFences

With DirectX 11 i got an Exception error : 712421 71 [CRIT Client 7304] [D3D11] CreateDefferedContext, GPU instance suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason.

So if i understand it correctly, the last patch makes my GPU crash.

Any idea ?

Ty !

"
"
Thought I would add my $0.02 to the crashing business...

Since 3.10 and for sure I have had video drivers updated along with plenty of Windows 10 updates to my PC, the crash I experience is quite neat.

It only happens when I enter a portal, either to a map or from a map to my hideout and my PC completely turns off (power down) and a few seconds later starts back up again.

My instance is still there, everything in tact. I have looked at the client.log and there are some errors in it however is there a method for submitting the informaiton/files to see if the root cause can be identified?

Regards,

Mike.

Im experiencing this as well. Earlier in the season my PC would completely turn off when entering certain areas. I lowered a lot of the settings and it seemed to fix it, until yesterdays patch. Now its so much worse than it was originally. My PC crashes constantly. Its happened multiple times popping seeds, leaving my garden, 2 seconds after booting the game up, and three separate times its happened while Im hanging out in my hideout by myself doing next to nothing.

It doesnt happen while playing any other game and its never happened in any league prior to this one. I have a GeForce RTX 2060 and an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X.

Edit: This games is unplayable now. I cant make it through a map without my PC crashing multiples times. Absolutely everything causes it to crash now. Since I made this post originally Ive crashed around 10 times through three maps. Killing a big pack of enemies, opening a strong box, booting the game back up, and popping seeds all causing crashes.

Im just going to have to take a break and hope GGG decides to actually fix this.

{Update]
I have been able to workaround the PC power Off crash issue and here's what I have done:

- Modified the following settings
- Changed from Windowed mode (Running 1680 x 1050) to Full Screen (1920 x 1200 which is the maximum my monitor can handle).
- Enabled Anti-Aliasing, was disabled before

A couple side effects:
- Some scripts I have for trading (Trade Companion and Trade Macro) no longer work properly or I'm not sure how to use them in full screen mode
- I did flip back and forth a few times however that caused the crash to happen even with full screen so I avoid that now

I have a GTX 1080 and am using Driver v451.48 however as others have stated, this started happening with 3.11 PoE. No other application has this issue and it never used to happen before 3.11. I am still using DX 11, have not tried Vulkan yet. Hopefull this helps some others who are experiencing the same trouble.

Regards,

Mike.
3.11 was fine for me till now, all the way up till last night. This morning after logging in my game crashes after 3 minutes, every single time. I tried fullscreen mode, I tried changing acts, nothing helps. The game crashes after 3 minutes with no warning, it just shuts down like I pressed alt f4. I'm on the steam version of the game, I'll try the standalone version next.

edit: I downloaded and installed the standalone version of the game and tried that, it didn't crash. Then I went back and retried the steam version of the game, now that doesn't crash either.

Wtf?
Last edited by Adonis913 on Jul 21, 2020, 5:31:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info