-

"
Ravendex wrote:
What is better for 5 link, void manipulation or efficacy?
Void, unless you have a crap-ton of elemental damage you're also dishing out somehow, too.

But 45% more chaos and 20% increased chaos > 25% more DoT and 16% increased duration, by about 7-8%.
"
Totalubnub wrote:
is it worth slowly alt regal spamming this thing for a perfect bow? i realise it'll likely take a few thousand alts and 100 or so regals lol but i think it may be worth it in the long run.
Damn, that is sweet.

What item level is it? If 84+ I would go for +3 (2 prefixes - +1 gems, +2 bow gems), T1 (32-35%) DoT multi suffix, T1 (17-19%) atk spd suffix, bow attacks fire 1-2 additional arrows suffix, and then craft on the 40% chaos DoT multi prefix.

You'd have probably the most perfect bow I've ever seen for this build... except if we could still get Vicious Projectiles prefix in place of the +2 bow gems prefix. THEN, it would be the ultimate bow. Unfortunately that no longer exists except in legacy standard.

Super nice find, though. That thing could be something special.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 27, 2020, 4:49:23 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Shiftyyyy wrote:
Spoiler
Skyler i got a few questions regarding the 5 arrow build if you don't mind.

in your POB you're running double Hybrid flasks. How is the uptime on bossfights? How do you deal with burst damage without an instant life flask?

since i'm nowhere near capped chaos res would it be better to go for 4x Brewed for Potency since the damage is nearly the same as Student of Decay?

without vicious projectiles bow would you still go energy leech or efficacy/swift affliction?

also whats the general opinion on efficacy vs swift affliction?

ist SA just better because similar dps but bosses move arround a lot so dps window isn't always as long as our skill duration therefore shorter duration=better
Spoiler
Because I run 2 Brewed for Potency in a couple of my medium clusters, along with Profane Chemistry, Herbalism, plus all the small passives in our ascendancy, if you mouseover those hybrid flasks, they each do +6,200 life in 3.15 seconds.

That's nearly 2,000 life/s healing. A Seething Eternal is only 2,300 life instantly. So obviously, the enduring, which continues for 2 more seconds and 4,000 more healing, is way better, IMO.

And I run one for around 3 seconds, and then I hit the other one. And then perpetually rinse and repeat while I'm fighting. This allows me to keep Fortify up 100% of the time, along with ~2,000/s healing coming 100% of the time. And because there's 2 of them, I am never empty on charges at the same time. One of them is always available at all times.

Yes, I'm sacrificing about 10% DPS by having 2 Brewed for Potency in place of 2 additional Wicked Palls, but the QoL and added durability is very much worth it IMO. But that's just my personal preference.

I'm not adding Energy Leech to the mix until I get large clusters with Feed the Fury (plus Temp Arrowheads, of course). Until then, I'm using Efficacy in that spot. Ultimately, though, I'll work on getting an Empower-4 and level up Energy Leech in the dummy weapon swap, then add those Feed the Fury large clusters and swap out Swift Affliction and Efficacy on Quill Rain.

That's on Heist, though, where it's impossible to get that Vicious Projectiles rare bow, and a +3 with good atk speed and an open affix for 40% chaos DoT multiplier craft is going to cost a fortune on trade and if trying to craft. I seriously doubt i'll put so much time into Heist I have enough currency to buy or try to craft a rare bow that good.

And +duration is always good/better. Never skimp on duration as it's the #2 damage producer for this build behind DoT multi. It's how we stack overlapping arrow sets and create a compounding sequence of overlapping DoT's.

When you hit your attack with 25 radius and send out 5 arrows, those arrows overlap each other. BUT, you have a 8.x-10.x attack rate, so right after you send out those first 5 arrows, you're sending out 7-9 more sets of 5 arrows. 40-45 arrows/pods that are ALL stacking their vines/DoT's on a target at the exact same time. So technically, they are ALL "overlapping".

And then, with a duration of more than 1 second (ie. 3s, maybe), that's potentially 2 more sequences of 40-45 arrows/pods that are also ALL "overlapping" with the first set/each other. So upwards of 135 STACKED DoT's on the same target potentially (unless it dies, or moves out of DoT range, of course).

So -duration = bad. -Duration means less stacked DoT's from subsequent attacks.

HOWEVER, in the case of Efficacy vs. Swift Affliction, the 50% MORE DoT and increased DoT Multi (awakened gem) is about 6% more damage than Efficacy's 25% MORE DoT and +16% more skill duration. So even with the duration taken into consideration, SA is just quite a bit more top-end damage.

So logically, you just got with the higher damage. Especially since because of all the other +duration on this build, our DoT's are already in the mid-to-late 2.x duration (the 3rd second since initial attack), so we're piling up stacked DoT's already.

And who cares if the target moves. You just move your new attacks with him and you'll continue to stack up DoT's. Who cares what's happened to the old pods out of range at that point. Because there is no limit or cap to the number of stacked DoT's you can apply. The old pods become irrelevant, or just start attacking other mobs that are in their range if they still have some duration remaining. So really, the longer they last, the better, too.
Spoiler

thanks for answering.

i must have gotten lucky bought a +3 bow with crafted multi and 16%AS for 6.5ex a couple of days ago
going for 12+ now on trade

as for the life flasks im talking situations where i literally have to use like 4-5 charges in less than a second so i was not sold on the fortify annointment as i was thinking it will be run with only 1 enduring and that obviously would have a pretty bad uptime in boss encounters at least

so now im consindering going 4xBrewed for Potency + Wicked Pall as we dont go divine flesh with energy leech, so i don't care about chaos res that much, you seem to prefer it even over damage tho.

maybe i overread it but how exactly are we reaching 1.100 leech/s?
we cant leech from pods only from attack damage right? my TR hits for 15 to 40 physical
So I've posted here before, since then I made quite a lot of changes.

https://pastebin.com/1r6GVy9q (don't forget to link clusters) (I'm using PoB community)

And I'm STILL struggling with survivability. I use all the flasks, have permanent fortify, have all the required defence mechanics from the build and i still get 1shotted. Any way to solve the problem?
Got it thank you! Only issue here is the cheapest quiver with additional arrow mod is like 4ex. i rather spend 10ex on the helm with the enchant and not have to worry about then selling my 4ex quiver in the future to replace it with a damage quiver
Last edited by Zyaak2point0 on Sep 27, 2020, 5:21:19 PM
"
Shiftyyyy wrote:
maybe i overread it but how exactly are we reaching 1.100 leech/s?
we cant leech from pods only from attack damage right? my TR hits for 15 to 40 physical
First of all, the arrow hits and pod explosions aren't ONLY phys damage.

TR does a 50% conversion to Chaos, and then if you by some chance go Master Toxicist over Master Alchemist, there's another 10% conversion to chaos and +10% of phys dmg as extra chaos dmg.

So our arrows are hitting for phys damage AND at least 50% of that flat phys turned to flat chaos. Which then, that flat chaos is getting boosted by a bunch of the modifiers we get on our passive nodes, like +damage, +damage with bows, +attack damage with bows, increased chaos damage, and increased damage while leeching(FtF).

So the arrows and pod explosions aren't doing near what the DoT's are doing because they aren't receiving any of the "more DoT" multipliers and "increased DoT damage"from gems, nor does duration and AoE have any effect on their damage because they don't stack or overlap, but they are getting tons of boosts from a bunch of passives for both flat phys and the flat chaos they do.

That said, 2x Feed the Fury = 0.4% of DAMAGE from arrow hits & pod explosions (which includes the converted chaos damage), and Blood Rage is 1.2% of phys damage, as well.

And this is all why PoB shows this leech rate:

"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Totalubnub wrote:
is it worth slowly alt regal spamming this thing for a perfect bow? i realise it'll likely take a few thousand alts and 100 or so regals lol but i think it may be worth it in the long run.
Damn, that is sweet.

What item level is it? If 84+ I would go for +3 (2 prefixes - +1 gems, +2 bow gems), T1 (32-35%) DoT multi suffix, T1 (17-19%) atk spd suffix, bow attacks fire 1-2 additional arrows suffix, and then craft on the 40% chaos DoT multi prefix.

You'd have probably the most perfect bow I've ever seen for this build... except if we could still get Vicious Projectiles prefix in place of the +2 bow gems prefix. THEN, it would be the ultimate bow. Unfortunately that no longer exists except in legacy standard.

yeah i was gonna do that one, till i looted the 1 im now using, didnt take much to craft it up
"
CharlesOW wrote:
So I've posted here before, since then I made quite a lot of changes.

https://pastebin.com/1r6GVy9q (don't forget to link clusters) (I'm using PoB community)

And I'm STILL struggling with survivability. I use all the flasks, have permanent fortify, have all the required defence mechanics from the build and i still get 1shotted. Any way to solve the problem?
You're missing a few things that would help, but really you shouldn't be dying that much.

Here's you calcs page with EHP chart:

You have a max hit of 21k on phys, 41k on elementals, and only 7k on chaos damage.

If you're getting one-shot, it's probably to chaos damage. Which means you need to add some Student of Decay's to your medium clusters, and get some additional chaos res on your gear.

Even though we're not doing Divine Flesh/Glorious Vanity anymore, I'm guessing you're running into some mobs with heavy chaos damage, and you're really short on chaos res.

That said, you need to get Blood Rage, Enduring Cry, and especially Vaal Grace added into your gem mix. Make sure you link Vaal Grace to an increased duration. That's around 15-20 seconds out of every 40 or so seconds of being at your 75% dodge caps (meaning 75% chance to straight up AVOID all damage).

The only other thing I can think of is going the leech version of the build. You're at 28 AoE radius, and you're not even shooting more than 5 arrows. So you really only need 25 radius for 5 arrows.

You could potentially swap out the Broadsides for Feed the Fury (with Temp Arrowheads) on your large clusters, and then add Blood Rage somewhere and Energy Leech gem where your Empower-2 currently is (later, we typically swap ES leech in for Swift Affliction or Efficacy), and now you'd have around 1000 or so life leech, plus ES leech gem would then also be a huge DPS boost (thanks to Blood Rage keeping Energy Shield at zero).

Aside from all that, some gear with more evasion rating or additional dodge, maybe a quartz or stibnite flask with reflexes suffix might help.
"
Totalubnub wrote:
Spoiler
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Totalubnub wrote:
Damn, that is sweet.

yeah i was gonna do that one, till i looted the 1 im now using, didnt take much to craft it up
Hell yeah, that's an amazing bow for this build.

1.77 base atk spd is awesome. You're probably up over 8.x attack rate, which is crazy good for a rare bow. "Quill Rain, what?"

I'd still try to craft the ultimate one on the other bow at some point, but this one will absolutely hold you over forever if you wanted.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 27, 2020, 6:54:18 PM
Any preferences for the rings annointments? which tower are best for this build ?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info