-

"
I just posted a PoB a few posts up with an option to do this build without Broadside and without exerting yourself to get over 25 radius.

Here ya go: https://pastebin.com/6HMYYxsd

There's a Quill Rain and Rare bow illustration.

Yes, the DPS is quite a bit higher with the rare bow, but the QoL goes down, AND, the cost difference goes from 60-100 chaos up to 6-50 exa, depending on how good a rare bow you get/can afford.

But with the rare bow, you drop significantly fewer pods, your mirage archer drops fewer pods, and it just feels a bit more clunky as a result. Almost like it slows down your clear speed on maps because it just takes longer for your and your mirage archer's arrows to blanket your path.

And on bosses, yeah it says the DPS is ~30-40% different, but Remi and others have made videos of killing bosses with both a +3 rare bow and a Quill Rain, and the bosses all die at virtually the same time. So while PoB says there's a huge difference, there doesn't seem to be a big one in reality.

thanks for the pob

though really felt the damage increase from the rare bow. lower attack speed feels worse true, but i think my clear is the same as i only ever have to shoot a pack of mobs once.

for bossing i have to stutter step a lot of the time so only attacking like 1 or 2 times per second. for that the bigger single hits also improved my damage by a lot. but sure its personal preference
Do we prefer +1 Chaos gems or +1 Dex gems on our amulet if we can't have both? I think +1 Dex covers a lot more gems, doesn't it?
Can someone look up my profile and tell me what is going on ? I bought these expensive jewels and was expecting to have BETTER dps.....for my surprise my dps become WORSE.
"
hwan wrote:
Can someone look up my profile and tell me what is going on ? I bought these expensive jewels and was expecting to have BETTER dps.....for my surprise my dps become WORSE.
I see 4 empty jewel sockets, so can't tell without the jewels.
"
Do we prefer +1 Chaos gems or +1 Dex gems on our amulet if we can't have both? I think +1 Dex covers a lot more gems, doesn't it?
Yeah +1 to all dex gems is probably better because you'll get all the chaos ones and others like mirage archer, blood rage, vaal grace, & vaal haste, too.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
hwan wrote:
I see 4 empty jewel sockets, so can't tell without the jewels.

same one like in pob all 3.
"
hwan wrote:

I have no idea what jewels you got, I even imported your PoB and I can't see any jewels aside from clusters and thread of hope.

Even you said it's the same one, we would like to take a look of it first
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Sep 25, 2020, 10:32:10 PM
very decent build for low red maps, once you get to high tier maps the lack of defences and damage really start to show.

I guess if you got mirror worthy gear on standard the build could work, but on leagues, I'm not sure or I just have a bad gear overall.
I got pretty lucky. I found a meglomaniac jewel with broadside and student of decay for 15c. went from 28 to 30 radius without having to invest more in aoe on tree or gloves and so forth. Think it might be worth it even though i give up a wicked pall and a jewel slot. Thoughts?
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:
I got pretty lucky. I found a meglomaniac jewel with broadside and student of decay for 15c. went from 28 to 30 radius without having to invest more in aoe on tree or gloves and so forth. Think it might be worth it even though i give up a wicked pall and a jewel slot. Thoughts?
It absolutely will be.

But should be easy to see for yourself. Just go into PoB, add that cluster in place of the wicked pall one, then go to config section and change overlapping arrows from 5 to 6, and see what the difference in DPS says.

I can tell you right now that adding an arrow overlap on my PoB is +20.0% more damage, while losing a wicked pall is -7.1% damage.

Which obviously means adding a broadside that would take me from 28 to 30 radius, in place of a wicked pall, would be about +13% more damage. So, certainly worth it.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 26, 2020, 1:07:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info