-

"
GeppetoQT wrote:
Hi friends,

I am at the point I don't know what to upgrade next.... I was hoping for some advice, I sold my league starter and started this character yesterday. Having lots of fun!

Gear
Spoiler

Jewels.

Lvl 21 20 tr, cluster jewels, awakened gems, insane normal jewels, CoH despair vermillion rings, +1 chaos +1 dex malevolence reduced reserve cdot multi, tailwind boots, additional proj,

Dont use witchfire, it is not a good flask btw
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1

I've been using this leather belt, so until i upgrade my current gear, how much over cap resistances should i have???

With it i have fire res 160%, cold res 102% , lightning res 124% and chaos res -33%

I have found a bisco's leash heavy belt and i was thinking of using it for more loot of course. Resists with it is as follows: fire 160, cold 117, lightning 90 and chaos -33

(i always wondered how much over cap resistances i should have on characters, knowing that would change the mods on items will change what to look for)

Ty for the awesome build !! <3
Last edited by Ma23ck on Sep 24, 2020, 8:07:06 PM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
drunkydragon wrote:

I got these 2 quivers, with these 'important' mods. BUT...

What are the proper steps for crafting further, and which mode should I start from? DoT multi or chaos DoT multi?

Can someone tell me what should I do next with lowest posible chance to fck up these mods? Any guide for TR quiver craft?

Remi?

Thanks!

Honestly i dont think alt regal is the way as you want high life. You can only get dot multi from normal quiver, means that you wont be able to stack it with cdot multi. Usually if you go with alt regal is because it have strong mods with multimod but it's not the case for quivers

Your quiver base is wrong btw.

Imo fossil would be the way for a good one

Thanks for the answer, Remi!

Few more questions:

"

Do you mean that I should get spike-point arrow quiver (a hunter influenced one)? If 'yes', then can you help me understand how 'inc global crit chance' on the quiver implicite help us with this TR build? (sorry, newb here)

"
You can only get dot multi from normal quiver

You mean white one? (btw. it shoul be hunter influenced, right?)

"

Do you mean '2 socket' resonator with 'abberant' and 'pristine' fossils?

I checked your first post but there are no step-by-step guide for crafting a quiver. (maybe I missed it, or its posted somewhere among these 90 pages. Ther is only 'basic' crafting section which explains 'basic' things about item base, and there is a 'harvest crafting' section which now can't be used'. Can you write a guide for quiver crafting and add it into your first post, please?

Thanks!
I did a version of the build with the idea of using Energy Leech in place of Swift Affliction, along with Feed the Fury in place of Broadside, in case anyone is interested.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/6HMYYxsd

No divine flesh, obviously, so blood rage + ES leech will work properly.

Also dumped Flesh & Stone, and added Supreme Ego(+15% more damage from Malevolence boost), Silent Steps(blind chance+evasion), Survivalist(evasion/resists), +Frenzy charges(huge damage boost - blood rage keeps charges up nicely), and more +life nodes.

If you do large clusters with 3 skills (ie. temp arrowheads + feed the fury + one more of anything), you can free up 4 addition passives (2 from each) since TA & FtF are closer to the start of the cluster, it allows you to skip the 3 on the backside of the cluster.

With blood rage + feed the fury x2 + blood drinker, life leech is now over 1,100/s and reaches that cap in 0.2s. So this is a nice upgraded defensive type layer.

Also, anyone who wants more life leech, Vaal Pact is 2 nodes away. Can bump up over 2,300 leech cap. The only downside is the degen from blood rage no longer has any life regen offset.

Since no blind from F&S is no longer there (because supreme ego addition), Silent Steps gives a 15% chance to blind on hit, plus a decent evasion boost.

Also added Vaal Grace where F&S use to be. With +duration support and all the +duration on this build, the +34% attack & spell dodge lasts over 20 seconds, which is nuts. Combine this with phase acrobatics and lunaris pantheon, and you're at the 75% dodge caps for those 20 seconds.

Needless to say, as a result of these changes, the DPS is virtually the same as it was on the 6 arrow overlap PoB (this one only overlaps 5), but this build has ~500 more life and about 50% larger effective hit pool.

So yeah, this is a very viable option for those folks who don't want to, or they can't afford it, or they simply can't quite reach the 30 radius level for 6 overlaps no matter how hard they try.

ETA: in the PoB, if you switch to my rare bow, the attack speed goes from 11.85 with Quill Rain and around 13M DoT DPS, to about 7.00 attack speed and around 22M DoT DPS.

But understand that bow with Vicious Projectiles affix no longer exists, and on Standard server it costs a fortune because it's legacy. This is why I did 2 versions where most folks simply use a Quill Rain.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 25, 2020, 8:53:04 AM
"
drunkydragon wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

Honestly i dont think alt regal is the way as you want high life. You can only get dot multi from normal quiver, means that you wont be able to stack it with cdot multi. Usually if you go with alt regal is because it have strong mods with multimod but it's not the case for quivers

Thanks for the answer, Remi!

Few more questions:

"

Do you mean that I should get spike-point arrow quiver (a hunter influenced one)? If 'yes', then can you help me understand how 'inc global crit chance' on the quiver implicite help us with this TR build? (sorry, newb here)

"
You can only get dot multi from normal quiver

You mean white one? (btw. it shoul be hunter influenced, right?)

"

Do you mean '2 socket' resonator with 'abberant' and 'pristine' fossils?

I checked your first post but there are no step-by-step guide for crafting a quiver. (maybe I missed it, or its posted somewhere among these 90 pages. Ther is only 'basic' crafting section which explains 'basic' things about item base, and there is a 'harvest crafting' section which now can't be used'. Can you write a guide for quiver crafting and add it into your first post, please?

Thanks!

1. Yes, this is because crit quiver would be near mandatory when you want to get a tailwind boots

2. Ye hunter influenced and elder, but recommended on hunter

3. 2 socket resonators does seem the best way, just double check on craft of exile for existing methods

I didn't really cover all the crafting techniques since i am not really a crafter, instead of guiding you guys to the wrong method, I'd just skip it until a crafter mentioned the best possible way for it
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Hey, legion jewel is a must to get the 30 radius?
Since double clusters + carcass + aoe craft on gloves and amulet is not enough?
I dunno how POB shows millions of dps.
Im playing in private league so the access to some jewels is not easy, but still managed to get x2 x4 setup (bow large crafted properly, but medium got only Wicked ward and some random i got with it). But still i got like 50k dot dps in pob. Can someone look into pob?
So if i get regular jewels, gloves, quiver, ammy craft - my dps will skyroket from 50k to 1kk+ ??
https://pastebin.com/aUMxbtX4
So i did some changes in pob: crafted +1+2/40% bow, added empower 4, tr 21, amulet, gloves, jewels, quiver and still get only 150k. How it was few millions and in some cases 6kk with quill rain?
Update: Ok, now i see what people doing in calculation i missed: increasing overlapping pods in POB skyroket the dps. So if my attack rate is 5 and i fire 5 pobs, 2-3 overlap it will be like 5*2-3= 10-15 pods overlaping per second + withered stacks from totems

Despite this i able to do T16, guardians, oneshotted on Sirus.
Last edited by omgree on Sep 25, 2020, 3:38:23 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
I did a version of the build with the idea of using Energy Leech in place of Swift Affliction, along with Feed the Fury in place of Broadside, in case anyone is interested.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/LbZcmWe9

No divine flesh, obviously, so blood rage + ES leech will work properly.

Also dumped Flesh & Stone, and added Supreme Ego(+15% more damage from Malevolence boost), Silent Steps(blind chance+evasion), Revenge of the Hunted(evasion/life/+damage), +Frenzy charges(huge damage boost - blood rage keeps charges up nicely), and more +life nodes.

If you do large clusters with 3 skills (ie. temp arrowheads + feed the fury + one more of anything), you can free up 4 addition passives (2 from each) since TA & FtF are closer to the start of the cluster, it allows you to skip the 3 on the backside of the cluster.

With blood rage + feed the fury x2 + blood drinker, life leech is now over 1,100/s and reaches that cap in 0.2s. So this is a nice upgraded defensive type layer.

Also, anyone who wants more life leech, Vaal Pact is 2 nodes away. Can bump up over 2,300 leech cap. The only downside is the degen from blood rage no longer has any life regen offset.

Since no blind from F&S is no longer there (because supreme ego addition), Silent Steps gives a 15% chance to blind on hit, plus a decent evasion boost, along with revenge of the hunted.

Also added Vaal Grace where F&S use to be. With +duration support and all the +duration on this build, the +34% attack & spell dodge lasts over 20 seconds, which is nuts. Combine this with phase acrobatics and lunaris pantheon, and you're at the 75% dodge caps for those 20 seconds.

Needless to say, as a result of these changes, the DPS is virtually the same as it was on the 6 arrow overlap PoB (this one only overlaps 5), but this build has ~500 more life and about 50% larger effective hit pool.

So yeah, this is a very viable option for those folks who don't want to, or they can't afford it, or they simply can't quite reach the 30 radius level for 6 overlaps no matter how hard they try.

ETA: in the PoB, if you switch to my rare bow, the attack speed goes from 11.85 with Quill Rain and around 13M DoT DPS, to about 7.00 attack speed and around 22M DoT DPS.

But understand that bow with Vicious Projectiles affix no longer exists, and on Standard server it costs a fortune because it's legacy. This is why I did 2 versions where most folks simply use a Quill Rain.

Damn it's not feed the fury and broadside? I only did 1 large so far, need to get the meds before fully converting into cluster jewel setting but I def wana try this variation
Which Big Cluster Passives are recommended besides Tempered Arrowheads if i don't plan on hitting 30AoE, so I don't need Broadside?

Also recommend everybody to look into +3 Bows i bought one with 16% AS for 6.5Ex earlier

Damage is through the roof now like 40%+ upgrade from Quill Rain
"
Shiftyyyy wrote:
Which Big Cluster Passives are recommended besides Tempered Arrowheads if i don't plan on hitting 30AoE, so I don't need Broadside?

Also recommend everybody to look into +3 Bows i bought one with 16% AS for 6.5Ex earlier

Damage is through the roof now like 40%+ upgrade from Quill Rain
I just posted a PoB a few posts up with an option to do this build without Broadside and without exerting yourself to get over 25 radius.

Here ya go: https://pastebin.com/6HMYYxsd

There's a Quill Rain and Rare bow illustration.

Yes, the DPS is quite a bit higher with the rare bow, but the QoL goes down, AND, the cost difference goes from 60-100 chaos up to 6-50 exa, depending on how good a rare bow you get/can afford.

But with the rare bow, you drop significantly fewer pods, your mirage archer drops fewer pods, and it just feels a bit more clunky as a result. Almost like it slows down your clear speed on maps because it just takes longer for your and your mirage archer's arrows to blanket your path.

And on bosses, yeah it says the DPS is ~30-40% different, but Remi and others have made videos of killing bosses with both a +3 rare bow and a Quill Rain, and the bosses all die at virtually the same time. So while PoB says there's a huge difference, there doesn't seem to be a big one in reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info