-

Is there any reason not to take Blood Rage? It seems there is room for the extra gem, and the attack speed boost seems to be huge to me (+ the frenzy charges). The life drain is I think neglectable after some point, currently my life bar does not move when it is active.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Hydraty wrote:
Alright don't want to mess it up.

I have about 8 ex to spend, not actually sure what the order of upgrades early league is (first time trying out this build as a PF, used to go TR and bow was the op upgrade every league there).

So, clusters? 6L carcass? 6L +3 bow + 4l carcass? 21/20 TR? 6L Quill rain + carcass?

I have hardened scars on a defensive amulet (didn't think this through aha) so I guess I won't upgrade that in a while, but what about quiver/gloves ?

So far I'm easily roaming around T12-13, but struggling a bit in high tier maps, and bosses whilst pretty easy don't go down as fast as I'd like.

6l carcass > Threat of hope > 21/20 TR > DoT gear > clusters

Where does level 4 enlighten play into this?
So i managed to get a replica headhunter drop, sold it for a fair bit, i bought the thread but was wondering when it comes to cluster jewels, since the chaos mediums are easy to make (chaos fossil spam) should i just buy my second tempered/broadside or should i try to craft it, anyone know which would be cheaper? also would a 21/20 Toxic rain with the normal quality beat a 20/23 with the skill effect quality? ive tried using pob to see these things but its really buggy lately lol...
i ended up crafting this, i was low on alts and currency in general so i just took the +1 dex.. i assume my amulet is done till later on?
"
Totalubnub wrote:
So i managed to get a replica headhunter drop, sold it for a fair bit, i bought the thread but was wondering when it comes to cluster jewels, since the chaos mediums are easy to make (chaos fossil spam) should i just buy my second tempered/broadside or should i try to craft it, anyone know which would be cheaper? also would a 21/20 Toxic rain with the normal quality beat a 20/23 with the skill effect quality? ive tried using pob to see these things but its really buggy lately lol...
Neck, gloves, helmet and boots enchant? ty
"
Kuffy wrote:
Is there any reason not to take Blood Rage? It seems there is room for the extra gem, and the attack speed boost seems to be huge to me (+ the frenzy charges). The life drain is I think neglectable after some point, currently my life bar does not move when it is active.
No, definitely take Blood Rage and keep it. Enhance support will also increase it's +atk spd (+6% more at enhance lvl 4). I have Dash, Blood Rage, Second Wind, and Enhance-4 linked and it's really nice.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 22, 2020, 11:42:15 AM
"
jealkeja wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Hydraty wrote:
Alright don't want to mess it up.

I have about 8 ex to spend, not actually sure what the order of upgrades early league is (first time trying out this build as a PF, used to go TR and bow was the op upgrade every league there).

So, clusters? 6L carcass? 6L +3 bow + 4l carcass? 21/20 TR? 6L Quill rain + carcass?

I have hardened scars on a defensive amulet (didn't think this through aha) so I guess I won't upgrade that in a while, but what about quiver/gloves ?

So far I'm easily roaming around T12-13, but struggling a bit in high tier maps, and bosses whilst pretty easy don't go down as fast as I'd like.

6l carcass > Threat of hope > 21/20 TR > DoT gear > clusters

Where does level 4 enlighten play into this?
It's needed if you decide to add a 3rd mana reservation skill, such as Skitterbots or Aspect of Spider, to go along with Malevolence and Flesh & Stone.

And if you do add a 3rd skill, you'll still be down to around 25-35 mana, which means you can't really cast TR or much of anything else without having -mana cost crafts on your rings (and maybe your amulet too).
"
Totalubnub wrote:
The RNG is... random.

I've spent over 1000 alts before trying to get Temp Arrowheads + Broadside on a large cluster... although I was really trying to get them with +chaos resist, too, so that obviously played a part.

But who knows, maybe you get lucky.

Also the 21/20 standard TR >>> 20/23 AltQ skill duration TR. The gem level scaling is significant (hence why Empower4 and any +gem level affixes on amulet and Carcass Jack are so sought after), and the +AoE is necessary to try and get you to that 30 radius threshold (standard TR + 48-50 AoE Carcass Jack + 2x Broadside + Nature's Reprisal + 12 AoE amulet craft should get you right at 30 radius).
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 22, 2020, 10:56:40 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
It's needed if you decide to add a 3rd mana reservation skill, such as Skitterbots or Aspect of Spider, to go along with Malevolence and Flesh & Stone.

And if you do add a 3rd skill, you'll still be down to around 25-35 mana, which means you can't really cast TR or much of anything else without having -mana cost crafts on your rings (and maybe your amulet too).

What I meant was where is the priority to purchase it? After the clusters?
"
jealkeja wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

What I meant was where is the priority to purchase it? After the clusters?
Oh, well not exactly sure. The economy sorta comes into play in relation to your budget.

Skitterbots or Aspect of Spider are ~8% more damage, while Temp Arrowheads by itself is ~12% more damage. And, of course, you have to worry about things like -mana cost on rings to make the mana reservation skills work, too.

The entire temp/broadside 8 passive skill large cluster is nearly 26% more damage, on top of more AoE radius.

So clearly, the cluster's are much more significant to the build, but how drastic is the difference in cost to do either? That I don't know. But it seems going for the clusters is probably the bigger priority.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 22, 2020, 11:05:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info