-

"
Totalubnub wrote:
i ended up crafting this, i was low on alts and currency in general so i just took the +1 dex.. i assume my amulet is done till later on?
"
Totalubnub wrote:
So i managed to get a replica headhunter drop, sold it for a fair bit, i bought the thread but was wondering when it comes to cluster jewels, since the chaos mediums are easy to make (chaos fossil spam) should i just buy my second tempered/broadside or should i try to craft it, anyone know which would be cheaper? also would a 21/20 Toxic rain with the normal quality beat a 20/23 with the skill effect quality? ive tried using pob to see these things but its really buggy lately lol...
That's a really nice amulet for now, but ultimately you're going to want one with life already on it (with those other affixes you have, or similar), and an open prefix so you can craft +AoE/Area Damage on it.

If you can get the oils for Hardened Scars, however, I wouldn't see a problem anointing it. You're probably going to be using that one for a long while before you upgrade.

The scary longshot nail-biter alternative is annulling off the "increased rarity", and then you're set. Do +3 crafted mods and just craft life and +AoE at that point.

Scour off the life craft and you've got a 25% chance to annul the +rarity.

Personally, I wouldn't try it, but maybe you got more balls than I do. LOL
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 22, 2020, 11:51:04 AM
"
Neck, gloves, helmet and boots enchant? ty
Helmet = +1 TR arrows (or in the interim, -mana reservation on Malevolence or Flesh & Stone).

Boots = +atk speed

Ammy anoint = Hardened Scars (although Potency of Will is a really good medium cost one to use temporarily until you get Thread of Hope and save enough coin to afford Hardened Scars)

Gloves is up to you, but I like Commandment of War (actually any level works, even normal lab Word of War) because it summons replicas of your bow (Quill Rain) and if you have Despair curse on hit on a ring, those things basically apply Despair on everything you're about to attack before you even do. It'll curse mobs that aren't even on your screen because their range is ridiculous.

And this is really nice because our TR doesn't always "hit" right away (sometimes doesn't apply Despair until after the pod explosions).

There's a 5s cooldown on them, but they last like 20+ seconds with Potency of Will and Exceptional Performance, so quite often you're running around with 4 of them shooting insane amount of arrows and cursing every mob around.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 22, 2020, 12:03:31 PM
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Totalubnub wrote:
i ended up crafting this, i was low on alts and currency in general so i just took the +1 dex.. i assume my amulet is done till later on?
"
Totalubnub wrote:
So i managed to get a replica headhunter drop, sold it for a fair bit, i bought the thread but was wondering when it comes to cluster jewels, since the chaos mediums are easy to make (chaos fossil spam) should i just buy my second tempered/broadside or should i try to craft it, anyone know which would be cheaper? also would a 21/20 Toxic rain with the normal quality beat a 20/23 with the skill effect quality? ive tried using pob to see these things but its really buggy lately lol...
That's a really nice amulet for now, but ultimately you're going to want one with life already on it (with those other affixes you have, or similar), and an open prefix so you can craft +AoE/Area Damage on it.

If you can get the oils for Hardened Scars, however, I wouldn't see a problem anointing it. You're probably going to be using that one for a long while before you upgrade.

The scary longshot nail-biter alternative is annulling off the "increased rarity", and then you're set. Do +3 crafted mods and just craft life and +AoE at that point.

Scour off the life craft and you've got a 25% chance to annul the +rarity.

Personally, I wouldn't try it, but maybe you got more balls than I do. LOL
My idea was to craft on mana, catalyst it up with life, then have leo since hes in there at rank 3 slam it for me, if it hits life yay, if not oh well ill craft aoe lol
Are there useful alternatives to tempered arrows/broadside jewels?
great build guide so far. Following the link guide to a T
But at act 3 I'm already running out of Mana :(.
Between having Skitterbots, Arctic Armor and Warbanner up, it's making it difficult to sustain Mana while casting Toxic Rain as well as Caustic Arrow. Not sure about what to fix here.
Wanna try this build but i have doubt about its tankyness. 5k of life and fortify with mediocre dodge and spell dodge looks not so great. With Divine Flesh looks better but now not so easy to cap chaos res. And even with it looks like random oneshots happens quite frequlent.
Tell me if a am wrong.
"
fudon wrote:
Wanna try this build but i have doubt about its tankyness. 5k of life and fortify with mediocre dodge and spell dodge looks not so great. With Divine Flesh looks better but now not so easy to cap chaos res. And even with it looks like random oneshots happens quite frequlent.
Tell me if a am wrong.
You're wrong, build does fine, give it a try.
How does this build compare against Scourge Arrow in its performance?
"
fudon wrote:
Tell me if a am wrong.
This is actually one of the tankiest build's I've played to date in this game.

Flesh & Stone = +50% evade chance.

Wind Dancer gives you either a 20% overall any damage reduction, or bumps your evade chance up to around 70-75%.

Enduring Cry takes you from around base of 10% phys damage reduction to around 16% phys damage reduction and +6% more elemental damage reduction with endurance charges up. But then Immortal Call, when it procs from CWDT, absorbs those endurance charges and bumps you up to around 36% phys reduction and 26% more elemental damage reduction (after your ele resists are factored in, too). And because of all our +duration (endurance charges absorbed + increased duration linked to IC + potency of will + exceptional performance, etc.), IC lasts nearly 4 seconds every CWDT proc.

Divine Flesh w/ 86% chaos res = ~31% extra elemental damage mitigation & 15% extra chaos damage mitigation.

Fortify is, of course, 20% less damage taken from anything with a "hit" function.

45% attack dodge and 35% spell dodge are straight up 45% and 35% pure damage avoidance from those damage sources. There's really nothing better than this in the game.

I mean if you just look at the calcs tab in PoB, you'd see your effective hit pool for phys is around 50,000+ with a max hit of around 20,000+. Chaos damage has an effective hit pool of around 120,000 with a max hit of around 45,000. And elemental damage has an effective hit pool of around 110,000 with a max hit of around 40,000.

AND... add on top of all this the fact you're around 100-150% movement speed virtually all the time, your Toxic Rain and Wither has everything in sight either standing still or moving at less than a snails pace, and you're literally using a life flask 100% of the time. Which as Pathfinder and this build, your Enduring Hallowed Hybrid flask is healing you for around 6,000-7,000 over 3.2 seconds (which doesn't stop even when on full life), on top of Enduring Cry tossing you some healing on use, too.

It honestly doesn't get much more tankier than this char.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 22, 2020, 8:58:27 PM
I am not seeing Hardened Scars on my in game tree for some reason. Was it Moved or Removed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info