-

"
Ma23ck wrote:
Two quick questions;

First, i have the cwdt setup with Vaal haste and it doesn't seem to trigger. What level is the minimum for it to trigger with immortal call etc? (cwdt level 1, immortal call level 3 and im leveling the other two rn)

Second, until i get "the order" craft for my my enduring mana flask, what flask should i fit in instead ?

Oh ya one last thing, this build seems to have some mana issues or something is it me? (i just killed kitava a10, so ill need better gear i know)

Thanks for the replies in advance !
You can't CWDT vaal skills or skills that reserve mana. Says it right there on the gem.

And you don't have to have "the order" on the enduring mana flask.

I use enduring of adrenaline and it works great.

You just need Nature's Boon ascendancy node, Herbalism, and probably temporary until you get a couple Brewed for Potency cluster jewels I'd take Arcane Chemistry in the interim, and just regret out of it later.

You do also need -mana cost to non-channeling skills crafted on your rings and/or necklace to also help with mana issues if you're using Malevolence + Flesh & Stone + Skitterbots at same time already.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 21, 2020, 1:03:12 AM
"
Totalubnub wrote:
So did i hit the jackpot with these? was crafting them via chaos orb spam.. only got 2 done so far lol

Is Broadside+Tempered Arrowheads actually better than a Chaos Damage Jewel with Wicked Pall etc.? Is the Increased Area of Effect from Broadside even beneficial?
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
feelthepain wrote:
Which one would be better DPS wise,

6L +2 bow and no link Carcass

or

Quill Rain and Tabula.

Is the +2 on rare bow both for TR? Or is one for bow skills and other for support skills?

Which type of bow is it? What's the base atk speed? Is there any +attack speed on it? Or can you at least craft it on it? Any +chaos on it?

The problem with crafting attack speed, however, is that you lose the +% chaos damage over time multiplier craft, which is HUGE. But you can't go using a bow with a 1.3x base attack speed with this build, either.

I'm thinking the Quill Rain + Tabula will be more DPS, along with much better QoL too.

Plus your Mirage Archer will also cast TR's much faster.

I saw some people use a simple +2 to bow gems alongside with chaos dot multi weapons without any attack speed so thats what I was asking. 5L Carcass vs 6L Tabula?

And about clusters, the guide on the first page says that medium clusters are for display reasons and not worth it anymore? Is this suppose to mean "use only large clusters" or what?
Last edited by feelthepain on Sep 21, 2020, 5:23:02 AM
"
"
Totalubnub wrote:
So did i hit the jackpot with these? was crafting them via chaos orb spam.. only got 2 done so far lol

Is Broadside+Tempered Arrowheads actually better than a Chaos Damage Jewel with Wicked Pall etc.? Is the Increased Area of Effect from Broadside even beneficial?
When this build is fully up and running you scale skill duration and aoe to make pods overlap and do more damage, as well as dot multi, attack speed, etc, so i would assume a jewel that gives a large amount of all those things minus a little attack speed would be good... though people can correct me if im wrong
"
"
Totalubnub wrote:

Broadside/Temp Arrowheads = BiS large cluster.

2 Broadside's = +50% AoE. And when combined with Nature's Reprisal(+50%), +48-50% AoE Carcass Jack, and +12% AoE/AoE damage craft on amulet, you SHOULD be just barely right at the 30 Radius breakpoint to overlap 6 arrows.

As early as possible/as soon as you get your Carcass Jack and of course have the passive points to spend (probably around level 80'ish), you want 2 of them with 8-9 passives (preferably 8) and at least 2 jewel sockets each.

Then eventually when you can afford them, you go for medium clusters of Student of Decay and/or Wicked Pall and/or Brewed for Potency, with 4-5 passives (preferably 4) and a jewel socket, to fill those 4 sockets on your large clusters.

And if you are lucky, you also get additional affixes on the small passive nodes on those large and medium clusters that have +chaos/elemental resist and/or +attributes/str/int/life.

Then you fill the 4 sockets in the 4 medium clusters with regular jewels that have +5-7% max life, +chaos DoT/DoT multi, and +atk spd. +Damage, + Projectile Damage, +Chaos Damage, +DoT, +DoT while wielding a two-handed weapon, all also work.

You do NOT want "adds # to # chaos damage" or "increased chaos attack damage" or "increased projectile attack damage" or "increased damage with bows". None of these effect the DoT, only the arrow hits and explosion hits, which are weak and not our main source of damage (which is the DoT).

And then, if and when you're rich and doing some crazy min-maxing that includes shooting for 35+ radius to overlap 7+ arrows, you might consider some Megalomaniac cluster jewels with more Broadside (and Wicked Pall) in them to increase your AoE (and damage).
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 21, 2020, 9:24:52 AM
"
feelthepain wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
feelthepain wrote:
Which one would be better DPS wise,

6L +2 bow and no link Carcass

or

Quill Rain and Tabula.

Is the +2 on rare bow both for TR? Or is one for bow skills and other for support skills?

Which type of bow is it? What's the base atk speed? Is there any +attack speed on it? Or can you at least craft it on it? Any +chaos on it?

The problem with crafting attack speed, however, is that you lose the +% chaos damage over time multiplier craft, which is HUGE. But you can't go using a bow with a 1.3x base attack speed with this build, either.

I'm thinking the Quill Rain + Tabula will be more DPS, along with much better QoL too.

I saw some people use a simple +2 to bow gems alongside with chaos dot multi weapons without any attack speed so thats what I was asking. 5L Carcass vs 6L Tabula?

And about clusters, the guide on the first page says that medium clusters are for display reasons and not worth it anymore? Is this suppose to mean "use only large clusters" or what?
Well it depends if the AoE on your Carcass Jack is going to get you to the next breakpoint.

For instance, if you're at 23 radius with Tabula (overlapping 4 arrows), the Carcass Jack should get you to 25 radius, which is overlapping 5 arrows.

Then yes, I would go with the 5L Carcass jack.

But if you're already at 25 radius with the Tabula, or you're at something like 22 radius with the Tabula and the Carcass Jack only gets you to 24, then I would stick with the Tabula as the 6th gem (which is likely Efficacy or Empower-4)) is much more damage than the +40-50% Area Damage on the Carcass Jack.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
Broadside/Temp Arrowheads = BiS large cluster.

2 Broadside's = +50% AoE. And when combined with Nature's Reprisal(+50%), +48-50% AoE Carcass Jack, and +12% AoE/AoE damage craft on amulet, you SHOULD be just barely right at the 30 Radius breakpoint to overlap 6 arrows.

As early as possible/as soon as you get your Carcass Jack and of course have the passive points to spend (probably around level 80'ish), you want 2 of them with 8-9 passives (preferably 8) and at least 2 jewel sockets each.

Then eventually when you can afford them, you go for medium clusters of Student of Decay and/or Wicked Pall and/or Brewed for Potency, with 4-5 passives (preferably 4) and a jewel socket, to fill those 4 sockets on your large clusters.

And if you are lucky, you also get additional affixes on the small passive nodes on those large and medium clusters that have +chaos/elemental resist and/or +attributes/str/int/life.

Then you fill the 4 sockets in the 4 medium clusters with regular jewels that have +5-7% max life, +chaos DoT/DoT multi, and +atk spd. +Damage, + Projectile Damage, +Chaos Damage, +DoT, +DoT while wielding a two-handed weapon, all also work.

You do NOT want "adds # to # chaos damage" or "increased chaos attack damage" or "increased projectile attack damage" or "increased damage with bows". None of these effect the DoT, only the arrow hits and explosion hits, which are weak and not our main source of damage (which is the DoT).

And then, if and when you're rich and doing some crazy min-maxing that includes shooting for 35+ radius to overlap 7+ arrows, you might consider some Megalomaniac cluster jewels with more Broadside (and Wicked Pall) in them to increase your AoE (and damage).

Thank you so much. This was very helpful! :-)
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
feelthepain wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Well it depends if the AoE on your Carcass Jack is going to get you to the next breakpoint.

For instance, if you're at 23 radius with Tabula (overlapping 4 arrows), the Carcass Jack should get you to 25 radius, which is overlapping 5 arrows.

Then yes, I would go with the 5L Carcass jack.

But if you're already at 25 radius with the Tabula, or you're at something like 22 radius with the Tabula and the Carcass Jack only gets you to 24, then I would stick with the Tabula as the 6th gem (which is likely Efficacy or Empower-4)) is much more damage than the +40-50% Area Damage on the Carcass Jack.

Wouldn't the smartest thing be to buy a cheap 6L Quill Rain and ignore the links on Carcass for now?
Last edited by FaranoxInsanity on Sep 21, 2020, 10:08:19 AM
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Wouldn't the smartest thing be to buy a cheap 6L Quill Rain and ignore the links on Carcass for now?

Yeah but they are going for 2.5 EX right now, so not that cheap i guess :D
Last edited by feelthepain on Sep 21, 2020, 10:31:43 AM
"
Yes. If 6L Quill Rains are cheaper than 5L Carcass Jack's, then absolutely. But I don't really think they're that cheap, but good luck if so.

I, personally, like running my Wither setup as TR + Balista totem + Multiple totem + Withering Touch + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike.

This is why I like having a 2nd 6L to go along with my main TR skill on the other 6L. Not only does it get 15 stacks of wither applied fast as hell (even at 25% application rate and reduced hit rate), but it also improves clear speed tremendously because totems linger for 8 seconds and drop hundreds of extra DoT's that mop up trash mobs with ease. And the culling is extremely useful for obvious reasons.

I like it better than a 4L Wither totem setup. But again, this is just my personal preference.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 21, 2020, 10:35:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info