-

"
Remicaster1 wrote:
wither + spell totem is extremely important because wither stacks have their individual duration, it will go away for every 2 seconds. Withering touch will have trouble on sustaining the wither stacks as it requires hit chance, it will not only stack up wither stacks slower, it won't be able to sustain 15 stacks of wither consistently unlike wither stacks. On top of that it might feel clunky if you use withering touch + attack gem

Mirage archer have nothing to do with wither totems

According to my PoB, if I don't use wither totem, I'd lose about half of my dps, which is from 12M to 6M, in my opinion that damage lost is damn huge.

Hey Remi,

I can recommend going for a 6l with blast rain(+ MA, wither touch, gmp, fa, inc duration). I also really dislike wither totems and this setup allows you to use br once and then for about 15 secs the mirage archer will stack wither on top of your enemies, makes it much more convenient to use.

With a lot of arrows (+3 from flask, gmp) you stack up very quickly and with the inc duration they stay on there for quite a while.

"
Remicaster1 wrote:

You can only have 1 mirage archer up at a time so wasn't sure the reasons. Accuracy was a concern too for the withering support setup. Does toxic rain have accuracy requirements? I assumed it doesn't.

Maybe the blast rain setup is something to work towards or to try out to find a build that fits my style.

I think I can just play ranger for the entire next leaque with the state it's in.
"
zage wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

You can only have 1 mirage archer up at a time so wasn't sure the reasons. Accuracy was a concern too for the withering support setup. Does toxic rain have accuracy requirements? I assumed it doesn't.

Maybe the blast rain setup is something to work towards or to try out to find a build that fits my style.

I think I can just play ranger for the entire next leaque with the state it's in.

The hit part of it has accuracy requirements afaik, the build doesn't care though because you only care about the dot from the vines. I wouldn't use a link in your main dmg set up just to inflict wither stacks.

Blast rain is really neat for stacking, wither totems are also tried and work well, but clunky and annoying in my opinion. Also keep in mind that all the time spent on recasting the totems is not time spent stacking pods. An additional benefit of blast rain :P
Very complete guide, thanks!, im gonna try this on the next league of course!, i really love toxic rain and i love your build!
ty for the Build! i gonna try this for my league starter
Would lioneyes or quill rain, drillneck and tabula or embalmer gloves (what ever is cheaper) + rares be enough for early red maps day 1-3? Or does it require some kind of investment
"
Lanzatron wrote:
Would lioneyes or quill rain, drillneck and tabula or embalmer gloves (what ever is cheaper) + rares be enough for early red maps day 1-3? Or does it require some kind of investment

This is not a poison build tho, all the items aside from quill rain and tabula you mentioned won't really function for our build. Early red maps is just a 5l, if possible get a DoT gloves and devotos.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Lanzatron wrote:

This is not a poison build tho, all the items aside from quill rain and tabula you mentioned won't really function for our build. Early red maps is just a 5l, if possible get a DoT gloves and devotos.

So quill rain and some random chaos multi quiver with life if it's affordable, and devotos.
5L would be
Toxic rain, vicious proj, mirage archer, void manipulation, swift affliction, (6 link being efficacy?) until +4 empower

Had some thoughts,
Could use Profane Proxy Unset ring with despair (It's a 2c ring on leaguestart)
Quill rain with - Toxic rain, vicious proj, mirage archer, void manipulation, swift affliction, (6 link being efficacy?) until +4 empower
Carcass jack for AOE
Devotos for speed.

Last edited by Lanzatron on Sep 13, 2020, 6:56:07 AM
"
Lanzatron wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Lanzatron wrote:

So quill rain and some random chaos multi quiver with life if it's affordable, and devotos.
5L would be
Toxic rain, vicious proj, mirage archer, void manipulation, swift affliction, (6 link being efficacy?) until +4 empower

Had some thoughts,
Could use Profane Proxy Unset ring with despair (It's a 2c ring on leaguestart)
Quill rain with - Toxic rain, vicious proj, mirage archer, void manipulation, swift affliction, (6 link being efficacy?) until +4 empower
Carcass jack for AOE
Devotos for speed.

Hmm, that skitterbots setup works for damage but I don't really like dropping my survivability personally, but if you don't mind lower survivability for more damage (drops flesh and stone for skitterbots) it's fine and I don't really care about it since it's more about personal opinion.

I'd prioritize quill rain at all cost, devotos and a DoT with +1 arrow quiver (+1 arrow is not very important but I'd say get that when you have Carcass), I'd say on gloves would be better but it would take some time before one with good stats would appear.

Yep use efficacy for 6l before you get empower lvl 4 (empower is actually one of the weakest links early on, increase duration would be even better compared to empower)

Also try to lvl your TR gems offhand so you can corrupt them to lvl 21 easier.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Sep 13, 2020, 7:06:08 AM
I used this build this league and it was awesome. Thanks Remi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info