-

"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
_mrkvn wrote:

Would, say for example, Frenzy + Enfeeble + Woke Curse on Hit work then?

You would need 2 curse gems inside, so this means you need a 4 link with something like frenzy - woke coh - enfeeble - despair, which pretty much renders your curse ring useless. Since I know most of us wants "automation" in this game like playing an adc instead of playing Udyr, I doubt that setup would be "optimal"

According to PoE wiki: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Awakened_Curse_On_Hit_Support

"For example, if you have a ring with Flammability on Hit and a skill attached to Awakened Curse on Hit and Elemental Weakness, both curses can be applied without overwriting the first curse."

From what I understand in the example, having an Awakened Curse on Hit + Skill + Curse setup will work with a curse ring. It doesn't say that woke Curse on Hit needs 2 curse gems linked to it. Did I miss something?
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
No it doesn't, curses must be supported in order to use it.

You would need 2 curse gems inside, so this means you need a 4 link with something like frenzy - woke coh - enfeeble - despair, which pretty much renders your curse ring useless. Since I know most of us wants "automation" in this game like playing an adc instead of playing Udyr, I doubt that setup would be "optimal"

Despair can still be on the ring. It doesn't have to be linked to lvl 5 aCoH.

I have several chars that have a curse on hit on a ring and a second curse linked with aCoH and both curses get applied.

I often do AM on ring and then on a 4L I'll do lvl 1 CWDT + lvl 4 ball lightning + lvl 5 aCoH + (2nd curse). Works just fine.

Oops. Just read this. This just answered my question above. Thanks.
Remicaster1 thanks for your previous reply.

I have another question (again about ascendancy):

Your ascendancy images (section 4.2 Ascendancy Order) suggest to take this order:

Nature's Adrenaline
Nature's Reprisal
Nature's Boon
Master Alchemist

...yet, under leveling section (7.2 Whole leveling), at the end of 'act 3' it sais:

"
[] WP to Aspirants Plaza for First Lab (Pathfinder -> Flask effect, Chaos Damage -> Nature's Reprisal)

So...which one is gonna be? Nature's Adrenaline or Nature's Reprisal?

^ I'm asking for a league starter char (where no fancy gear is available).
Last edited by drunkydragon on Sep 2, 2020, 9:01:46 AM
"
drunkydragon wrote:
Remicaster1 thanks for your previous reply.

I have another question (again about ascendancy):

Your ascendancy images (section 4.2 Ascendancy Order) suggest to take this order:

Nature's Adrenaline
Nature's Reprisal
Nature's Boon
Master Alchemist

...yet, under leveling section (7.2 Whole leveling), at the end of 'act 3' it sais:

"
[] WP to Aspirants Plaza for First Lab (Pathfinder -> Flask effect, Chaos Damage -> Nature's Reprisal)

So...which one is gonna be? Nature's Adrenaline or Nature's Reprisal?

^ I'm asking for a league starter char (where no fancy gear is available).

Oh I totally forgot about this part, I usually pick Adrenaline for extra speed first because I'd level it faster. But if you want more stable damage you can pick Reprisal
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Sep 2, 2020, 8:07:43 PM
"
_mrkvn wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
No it doesn't, curses must be supported in order to use it.

Despair can still be on the ring. It doesn't have to be linked to lvl 5 aCoH.

I have several chars that have a curse on hit on a ring and a second curse linked with aCoH and both curses get applied.

I often do AM on ring and then on a 4L I'll do lvl 1 CWDT + lvl 4 ball lightning + lvl 5 aCoH + (2nd curse). Works just fine.

Oops. Just read this. This just answered my question above. Thanks.

I see, mb, cus i never really touched woke CoH. But honestly I don't think that setup is ideal anyway because we never really take hits due to being evasion and dodge build. And for the second curse like i mentioned, I can only see enfeeble or temp chains being useful (at the moment)
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
drunkydragon wrote:

I'm asking for a league starter char (where no fancy gear is available).

I've actually done some testing on my stream today with early stages of TR (check the 1 hour video, there are some issues today which caused my stream to crashed so there are multiple videos).

What I did is Quill Rain vs +3 bow, both on a 5l. No jewels (any jewels) no fancy gear (aside from the gloves which is a bit nutty), but even then, the gloves wouldn't make a big difference than a 6l. Anyway, if you are interested you can take a look
Hello Remi, thank you for the guide! I do have one question, how does this build do on blighted maps. I currently play a spider minion guardian and, as the creator of that build warned me, is terrible on blighted maps.
"
TommyLin1989 wrote:
Hello Remi, thank you for the guide! I do have one question, how does this build do on blighted maps. I currently play a spider minion guardian and, as the creator of that build warned me, is terrible on blighted maps.

Well it didn't really caught my attention on how it performs on blight maps but shouldn't be an issue. On higher tier maps you must have some decent investment with your character to kill the bosses reliably.
Is this a better starter versus Scourge Arrow?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Is this a better starter versus Scourge Arrow?

Jamie, you have to use my karen build^^ after all it originated from you :P

But really, both are good. You can also go ca like the guys in gauntlet from your post.

If you go pf to transition later I would recommend this one as the 50% aoe node is pretty great especially with a carcass jack.
The only problem is you will have to get quite a few regret orbs anyway, just slightly less than raider^^

But in the end I'd say all the chaos dot builds are pretty solid starters that can become great later and they are also kinda the only choices if you wanna go ranger at league start.

<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info