-

"
_mrkvn wrote:
Will it work if we add another curse using woke Curse on Hit gem? If yes, what would be the optimal setup? If not, why? Thanks.

No it doesn't, curses must be supported in order to use it.

But even then, I can't think of any other curse skill that provides us dmg, other than stuff like enfeeble for survivability,
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

1. Yes absolutely, 4 link and a random attack speed bow would be sufficient to carry you to early yellow maps. Starting late yellow maps you need some investment else the character feels a bit weak.

2. 5l carcass would do, else just do tabby, replace empower with skill effect duration

3. Is it broken? On my side it's not tho? Mind taking a screenshot so I can see what's the problem is? I used to post it in imgur but i felt like it's too much work and discord is faster so ye, just imo.

4. Because you are looking at the "final version" of the build, it's the "final setup" of it. You can go look maybe like 114 passive 1 cluster etc, pretty much on how you progress your build.

Tempered and Broadside are both imo fairly important, but very early stage I felt like tempered arrow heads would be better. Because AoE scaling comes later, for medium prioritize wicked pall. So you would have like 1 large with some 12 passives (ofc lower the better), then 1 medium with wicked pall then fill it with a (depending on your stats, if you have QR get DoT multi or DoT or any form of increase) and max life jewels. Should be sufficient to carry you.

Even without clusters you'd deal sufficient damage, just not those damage shown in front.

5. According to poe.ninja, on day 1 it's only 2c so I doubt you would have any huge issues, at most just count it 5c. Because a lot of people would still have the "Quill Rain sucks" in their mind anyway. https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-weapons/quill-rain-short-bow

But if you insist on farming it, i don't recommend it, but if you REALLY REALLY want it for some no reason, then I suggest farming for a the porcupine bow at A8 high gardens (it cost a bit early) then sell it, buy quill rain. OR, keep it, chance it for a 6l quill rain (which i don't recommend)

Remicaster1 thanks for your reply!

About Carcass jack.... when you say 5L would do, does that mean '5L without double implicite corruption' ?

As for 4.2 Ascendancy section.... thats the issue on my side.

Here is how it looked:

...but then I noticed that my browser extension 'Privacy Badger' blocked files from discord. As soon as I allowed it, images were loaded. So, no...your images are not broken, just my extension blocked them. Sorry for false alarm. Still, one image with 1-2-3-4 order steps of what to pick, would be enough (and that one can be posted on imgur, but don't mind me :) ).

Thanks again man!
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
_mrkvn wrote:
Will it work if we add another curse using woke Curse on Hit gem? If yes, what would be the optimal setup? If not, why? Thanks.

But even then, I can't think of any other curse skill that provides us dmg, other than stuff like enfeeble for survivability,

Would, say for example, Frenzy + Enfeeble + Woke Curse on Hit work then?
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:
Need someone to enlighten me. There is a Toxic Rain Trickster saying that adding arrows are useless because we hit averagely 4-5 pods per shot.. So 8 arrows are pretty much overkill and the DoT DPS for 8 overlapping pods from PoB is a lie?

Honestly I felt like those people are people that don't understand what is going on with the build and how Toxic Rain works. It's pretty much the same people who thinks Pathfinder just sucks without any sort of reason, Quill Rain sucks because everyone says so and never tried it etc. Basically these are the "reddit" people who thinks they know everything.

But yeah, the reason why we want additional AoE is because we can get the overlap, as we have a free 50% Inc AoE from PF ascendancy. Then another near 50 from Carcass Jack, then another 50% from cluster jewels (x2 Broadside).

Honestly, I am not sure why there are some guides and people keep spreading these misinformation, at this point it's disinformation already. Especially the one that keeps saying PF sucks for several leagues and never change his mind on it, even there's video proof shown to him, he'd still say Pathfinder sucks, so I guess this is a bit... um..., yeah you know. They just get positive feedback because they can easily get away from making a mediocre guide on a good build that is not punishing.

Hi Remi- I was hoping to get clarification on this post, because I feel like your newest TR calculations indicate a similar conclusion as the original question (with slight difference because of pathfinder):

It looks like around 6 arrows is where most people will be able to overlap with increased AoE. Maybe 7 with minmaxed gear. Any arrows over that limit is only for more clearspread and to compensate for a moveable target.

In this case, a PoB of overlap at 8, without the AoE to achieve this, would indeed be misrepresented.

Am i understanding this correctly? Thanks again!
"
TKMaxx715 wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:
Need someone to enlighten me. There is a Toxic Rain Trickster saying that adding arrows are useless because we hit averagely 4-5 pods per shot.. So 8 arrows are pretty much overkill and the DoT DPS for 8 overlapping pods from PoB is a lie?

Honestly I felt like those people are people that don't understand what is going on with the build and how Toxic Rain works. It's pretty much the same people who thinks Pathfinder just sucks without any sort of reason, Quill Rain sucks because everyone says so and never tried it etc. Basically these are the "reddit" people who thinks they know everything.

But yeah, the reason why we want additional AoE is because we can get the overlap, as we have a free 50% Inc AoE from PF ascendancy. Then another near 50 from Carcass Jack, then another 50% from cluster jewels (x2 Broadside).

Honestly, I am not sure why there are some guides and people keep spreading these misinformation, at this point it's disinformation already. Especially the one that keeps saying PF sucks for several leagues and never change his mind on it, even there's video proof shown to him, he'd still say Pathfinder sucks, so I guess this is a bit... um..., yeah you know. They just get positive feedback because they can easily get away from making a mediocre guide on a good build that is not punishing.

Hi Remi- I was hoping to get clarification on this post, because I feel like your newest TR calculations indicate a similar conclusion as the original question (with slight difference because of pathfinder):

It looks like around 6 arrows is where most people will be able to overlap with increased AoE. Maybe 7 with minmaxed gear. Any arrows over that limit is only for more clearspread and to compensate for a moveable target.

In this case, a PoB of overlap at 8, without the AoE to achieve this, would indeed be misrepresented.

If I may answer, I would say you are correct. Provided my understanding is correct too. Lol.

More arrow = more clear speed. But without the overlap, it is worse for single target.

For me, 6 arrows is already an insane clear speed. I don't think 7 would be that much difference. Especially with the attack speed that we have, standing a few millisecond then moving on to other monster pack will still kill them, eventually. Plus it's easier to overlap 6 than 7.

I think the question is, what is the sweet spot? I'm good with 6.
"
_mrkvn wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
_mrkvn wrote:

You would need 2 curse gems inside, so this means you need a 4 link with something like frenzy - woke coh - enfeeble - despair, which pretty much renders your curse ring useless. Since I know most of us wants "automation" in this game like playing an adc instead of playing Udyr, I doubt that setup would be "optimal"
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
drunkydragon wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

1. Yes absolutely, 4 link and a random attack speed bow would be sufficient to carry you to early yellow maps. Starting late yellow maps you need some investment else the character feels a bit weak.

2. 5l carcass would do, else just do tabby, replace empower with skill effect duration

3. Is it broken? On my side it's not tho? Mind taking a screenshot so I can see what's the problem is? I used to post it in imgur but i felt like it's too much work and discord is faster so ye, just imo.

4. Because you are looking at the "final version" of the build, it's the "final setup" of it. You can go look maybe like 114 passive 1 cluster etc, pretty much on how you progress your build.

Tempered and Broadside are both imo fairly important, but very early stage I felt like tempered arrow heads would be better. Because AoE scaling comes later, for medium prioritize wicked pall. So you would have like 1 large with some 12 passives (ofc lower the better), then 1 medium with wicked pall then fill it with a (depending on your stats, if you have QR get DoT multi or DoT or any form of increase) and max life jewels. Should be sufficient to carry you.

Even without clusters you'd deal sufficient damage, just not those damage shown in front.

5. According to poe.ninja, on day 1 it's only 2c so I doubt you would have any huge issues, at most just count it 5c. Because a lot of people would still have the "Quill Rain sucks" in their mind anyway. https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-weapons/quill-rain-short-bow

But if you insist on farming it, i don't recommend it, but if you REALLY REALLY want it for some no reason, then I suggest farming for a the porcupine bow at A8 high gardens (it cost a bit early) then sell it, buy quill rain. OR, keep it, chance it for a 6l quill rain (which i don't recommend)

Remicaster1 thanks for your reply!

About Carcass jack.... when you say 5L would do, does that mean '5L without double implicite corruption' ?

As for 4.2 Ascendancy section.... thats the issue on my side.

Here is how it looked:

...but then I noticed that my browser extension 'Privacy Badger' blocked files from discord. As soon as I allowed it, images were loaded. So, no...your images are not broken, just my extension blocked them. Sorry for false alarm. Still, one image with 1-2-3-4 order steps of what to pick, would be enough (and that one can be posted on imgur, but don't mind me :) ).

Thanks again man!

ye not double implicit. Double implicit is only when you have achieved all the cluster jewels and jewels.
"
TKMaxx715 wrote:

Tl;dr yes you are understanding it correctly. 6 overlaps is already difficult as I have 150% increased AoE (*2.55 multi to be exact) and I only have a radius of 28 which is 2 radius less than being able to consistently hit 6 overlap. If the person wants 8 overlap, estimated (not confirmed yet) you need 394% increased AoE which.... is a bit bonkers. Don't get me wrong, 394% inc AoE is like to get 100% 8 overlapping chance, there will be occasions that you get 8 overlaps with a lower AoE count, but to set it on 8 overlaps while you have like a radius of 25 (supposed to be 40) is not gonna happen anytime soon, like never.

And it is pretty much a warrioring tool if they just did that
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Sep 1, 2020, 8:38:01 PM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, 394% inc AoE is like to get 100% 8 overlapping chance, there will be occasions that you get 8 overlaps with a lower AoE count, but to set it on 8 overlaps while you have like a radius of 25 (supposed to be 40) is not gonna happen anytime soon, like never.

And it is pretty much a warrioring tool if they just did that
Good to know because someone argued with me that you should rush helmet enchant / extra arrow on quiver / +1 arrow on bow (like corruption on quill rain) because that will give you 8 arrow overlap. I believed 8 arrows total doesn't equal 8 arrow overlap and glad you clarified this. Extra arrows are often not cheap to get, for example just chaos dot quiver is cheaper than "chaos dot and extra arrow" especially when harvest is over. Same with getting helmet with enchant (especially if you want a specific helmet or a good base), it inflates the price a lot or you have to deal with trash base someone dropped from legion / blight.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
_mrkvn wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

You would need 2 curse gems inside, so this means you need a 4 link with something like frenzy - woke coh - enfeeble - despair, which pretty much renders your curse ring useless. Since I know most of us wants "automation" in this game like playing an adc instead of playing Udyr, I doubt that setup would be "optimal"

Despair can still be on the ring. It doesn't have to be linked to lvl 5 aCoH.

I have several chars that have a curse on hit on a ring and a second curse linked with aCoH and both curses get applied.

I often do AM on ring and then on a 4L I'll do lvl 1 CWDT + lvl 4 ball lightning + lvl 5 aCoH + (2nd curse). Works just fine.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 2, 2020, 12:09:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info