-

"
Mazino_Urek wrote:

You know even in non harvest, you can easily get +3 arrows, right? A warlord base quiver is like 10c, a +1 quill rain you can self corrupt with 1ex. An enchanted helm you can get with ~2ex if you settle for a rare. 4ex isn't really a lot for anyone who plays a chara and gets it up to lvl 90 or so. The build comes with AoE for 8 arrows and you can easily get it regardless of league. I don't see what exactly I'm sacrificing here for additional arrows?
Going for warlord quiver means not using hunter quiver (loss of 25% chaos multi) or going for double influence craft which is what I meant by expensive item, especially when dot multi is not targetable with harvest so I imagine best quiver would be: roll dot multi, try to get extra arrow on it, then augment chaos for chaos multi (after the item is already double influenced). Also I imagine you'd want open suffix for attack speed craft, but that's actually easy to get in harvest.

Helmet enchant is not easy to get especially early on, good bases or devoto will probably be overpriced if it has the enchant. If the helmet costs 2ex I'm pretty sure dying sun costs less if you wait a week or 2, boss drops are super expensive first few days (basically any useful boss drop) but they tend to fall off unless the meta is putting it in extreme demand (like when winter orb was meta).

Also good cluster jewels tend to be very expensive from what I've seen so far, in delirium good clusters started around 3ex, this league early on it was really bad because of the "cluster nerf" but even after the un-nerf good clusters are expensive and it's probably better to gamble with harvest to fix them (I'm worried if harvest doesn't go core it will be much harder to get them).

Sadly there are only 2 good bow notables on a bow cluster, everything else is kinda useless to this build, so you have to hit those 2 or you don't get an usable cluster.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:

You know even in non harvest, you can easily get +3 arrows, right? A warlord base quiver is like 10c, a +1 quill rain you can self corrupt with 1ex. An enchanted helm you can get with ~2ex if you settle for a rare. 4ex isn't really a lot for anyone who plays a chara and gets it up to lvl 90 or so. The build comes with AoE for 8 arrows and you can easily get it regardless of league. I don't see what exactly I'm sacrificing here for additional arrows?
Going for warlord quiver means not using hunter quiver (loss of 25% chaos multi) or going for double influence craft which is what I meant by expensive item, especially when dot multi is not targetable with harvest so I imagine best quiver would be: roll dot multi, try to get extra arrow on it, then augment chaos for chaos multi (after the item is already double influenced). Also I imagine you'd want open suffix for attack speed craft, but that's actually easy to get in harvest.

Helmet enchant is not easy to get especially early on, good bases or devoto will probably be overpriced if it has the enchant. If the helmet costs 2ex I'm pretty sure dying sun costs less if you wait a week or 2, boss drops are super expensive first few days (basically any useful boss drop) but they tend to fall off unless the meta is putting it in extreme demand (like when winter orb was meta).

Also good cluster jewels tend to be very expensive from what I've seen so far, in delirium good clusters started around 3ex, this league early on it was really bad because of the "cluster nerf" but even after the un-nerf good clusters are expensive and it's probably better to gamble with harvest to fix them (I'm worried if harvest doesn't go core it will be much harder to get them).

Sadly there are only 2 good bow notables on a bow cluster, everything else is kinda useless to this build, so you have to hit those 2 or you don't get an usable cluster.

Why do you care about dot multi when one of your points was expenses? Don't use this league as a reference. In no other league can you make that kinda quiver without spending over a 100ex. The same with crafted bows. Getting a crafted bow with levels and +2 arrows will quite literally cost you a mirror. I'm talking about stuff you can get regardless of league and this stuff isn't expensive. Getting a quiver with +1 and chaos dot is easy in every league. You can use the chaos dot variant till you get your clusters then awakener orb to get +1 arrow and chaos dot.
If you wait a week or two, you can grab a TR helm for 40c. It's the same as Dying sun except you permanently have additional arrows as opposed to using a flask for it. The are no wasted flask spots atm. You'd need to drop damage(onslaught) flask or drop hybrid flask, removing fortify from the build.
As for clusters, the build only requires 2 notables on large and 1 on medium. You can self-craft all 4 of these for <2 ex. Or if lazy, buy the 2 larges for 1ex each and literally use <50 alts to make 2 mediums.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
Since inspired learning is cheap this league and my skill tree has many jewel socket, is it relevant to use it for map clearing?
"
lolipop710 wrote:
Since inspired learning is cheap this league and my skill tree has many jewel socket, is it relevant to use it for map clearing?

No I don't think so, because you want to allocate a lot of useless nodes in order to use it
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

No I don't think so, because you want to allocate a lot of useless nodes in order to use it

I see, ok!
"
lolipop710 wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

I see, ok!

To add on to this, a single IL is almost never worth it. You will not notice the difference. If you are not using a headhunter, you'd ideally want 3 of them for you to notice an actual difference in terms of clear speed.
Yo gang my friend loves playing blow classes and he chose this build to play but he is currently having trouble surviving in high tier maps. Any of you toxic rain gods got some tips for him to improve dps and survivability? (Preferably survivalbility)

https://pastebin.com/Dv9zUr0n

How about Hardened Scars (anoint) and Wind Dancer? Note that you'll probably want a better way to get life flask effect if you roll with HS though.

Based on his gear, he shouldn't be using Empower yet (only use that once you get things that boost its level, like the corrupted CJ or a +3 bow), and instead be running Efficacy (or maybe Increased AoE, if that's your thing).

Switching off of Master Toxicist in favor of Master Alchemist will mean more flexibility with the flasks. You don't really need warding on one of your main flasks; I use anti-bleed on mine and a stibnite swap for that, though it's dealer's choice as far as that's concerned.

What exactly is he dying to, anyways? By the numbers (which really don't explain the entire situation, especially with effects like Hardened Scars and Fortify), the PoB actually shows better defenses than what I run with.

...And is he really only using four flasks on a Pathfinder?
"
swaes wrote:
Yo gang my friend loves playing blow classes and he chose this build to play but he is currently having trouble surviving in high tier maps. Any of you toxic rain gods got some tips for him to improve dps and survivability? (Preferably survivalbility)

They got 3 jewels, none with life. The goal is to have life + 2 damage mods. Ideally life + 3 damage mods. Don't skip defenses for damage.

The amulet is really bad for this league. No life and it's a +1. It is real easy to self craft a +2 with good life. This will boost dps and give more life.

The anoint is corruption over hardened scars. Hardened scars gives the build fortify. 20% less damage is a big defensive layer. Again, skipping defenses for damage in the pob.

One of the rings is only giving crafted life + fire res. Instead of having a ring with say 5 mods, this ring basically has ~1.5 mods on it.

The bases of the rings are also not ideal. The ideal base is Vermillion. Just harvest crafting the jewels with life and swapping to Vermillion rings adds about 35% increase to life. This is big(this is about 7 skill points worth life on the tree if you're looking at the scion life cluster).

The tree itself could use some changes to grab wind dancer, another defensive layer. Dropping Harrier to grab this is definitely worth it. Here's the edited tree https://pastebin.com/kKgtCD6M

As for improving dps, dropping empower for efficacy 20/20 will improve dps. Swap to empower after it is level 4.

Overall, the gear looks like it's not had any harvest crafting done on it. It is real easy to make good gear this league with nothing but T1 seed crafts.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Jul 28, 2020, 1:55:11 AM
"
swaes wrote:

There's a section at the QnA regarding survivability issues. Hardened Scars and Wind Dancer helps a fk ton, multiple people have experience on playing without and with hardened scars and the difference is really big.

Also could've harvest slam a life on the amulet, if it hits a low life roll, could just re harvest slam it again and again. The normal jewels are a bit damage oriented, should've dropped some for life.

Btw I never suggested using Witchfire Brew

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info