-

Need someone to enlighten me. There is a Toxic Rain Trickster saying that adding arrows are useless because we hit averagely 4-5 pods per shot.. So 8 arrows are pretty much overkill and the DoT DPS for 8 overlapping pods from PoB is a lie?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
I've been talking to people about the "best" bow. This shit is so hard to make it's not even funny. You spend like 70ex crafting it to a certain point and then you have to gamble with a 1 in 5 anul. Someone apparently spent 200ex and didn't get it yet. A friend of mine really wants to make this and even finished crafting AoE on his rings + quiver to support the 9th arrow. But the more I look at it the more I feel like its a wasted cause.
I bet most of the ones that were made and exist on the market were done before the 3.11.1 patch that "fixed" the guaranteed +arrow craft abusing the tag inconsistency (i.e. you could craft cannot roll attack modifiers and slam "add attack mod" and it would add the arrow, even though theoretically you shouldn't be able to add an attack mod if you blocked it in the first place).

There was also some other abuse with fracturing a mod, not sure if I remember correctly but you could attempt to fracture a mod and if it hit a crafted mod you could erase it from the bench and the fracture would "move" to the next available affix (prefix or suffix). That also got fixed.

Imo if someone has the currency best bang for your buck would be fishing for nice synth implicit. This thing with trying to annul multimod to squeeze an extra mod seems a bit hardcore...

Yeah the one I want is with a +1 socketed support synth base. I wanted to get the literal best bow for TR and its only possible this league. Well... not really easy now after they fixed the +2 shit.

"
lolipop710 wrote:
Need someone to enlighten me. There is a Toxic Rain Trickster saying that adding arrows are useless because we hit averagely 4-5 pods per shot.. So 8 arrows are pretty much overkill and the DoT DPS for 8 overlapping pods from PoB is a lie?

The entire reason we go PF and get AoE large clusters is so that we have AoE to overlap 8 arrows. Tricksters can't do this. Trickster TR "guides" are just wrong cause they don't scale TR the right way.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Jul 25, 2020, 10:23:15 PM
"
lolipop710 wrote:

Well, it isn't IF you can get them all to overlap, which is why stacking +AoE is important. It's why I target walls, corners, etc. so there's less potential area for the shots to fall. And why I love maps like Toxic Sewers. I think there was a post somethere in this thread that estimated every 50% AoE was enough to compensate for +1 Arrow.
"
Shani wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

Well, it isn't IF you can get them all to overlap, which is why stacking +AoE is important. It's why I target walls, corners, etc. so there's less potential area for the shots to fall. And why I love maps like Toxic Sewers. I think there was a post somethere in this thread that estimated every 50% AoE was enough to compensate for +1 Arrow.

Where can I see how many % AoE I have?
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

The entire reason we go PF and get AoE large clusters is so that we have AoE to overlap 8 arrows. Tricksters can't do this. Trickster TR "guides" are just wrong cause they don't scale TR the right way.

I see... Thanks for the insight!
"
lolipop710 wrote:
"
Shani wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

Where can I see how many % AoE I have?

Go to calcs in pob and select toxic rain then look at Skill type Specific stats. You'll see something like this

Spoiler
"
lolipop710 wrote:

Honestly I felt like those people are people that don't understand what is going on with the build and how Toxic Rain works. It's pretty much the same people who thinks Pathfinder just sucks without any sort of reason, Quill Rain sucks because everyone says so and never tried it etc. Basically these are the "reddit" people who thinks they know everything.

But yeah, the reason why we want additional AoE is because we can get the overlap, as we have a free 50% Inc AoE from PF ascendancy. Then another near 50 from Carcass Jack, then another 50% from cluster jewels (x2 Broadside).

Honestly, I am not sure why there are some guides and people keep spreading these misinformation, at this point it's disinformation already. Especially the one that keeps saying PF sucks for several leagues and never change his mind on it, even there's video proof shown to him, he'd still say Pathfinder sucks, so I guess this is a bit... um..., yeah you know. They just get positive feedback because they can easily get away from making a mediocre guide on a good build that is not punishing.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
lolipop710 wrote:

Honestly I felt like those people are people that don't understand what is going on with the build and how Toxic Rain works. It's pretty much the same people who thinks Pathfinder just sucks without any sort of reason, Quill Rain sucks because everyone says so and never tried it etc. Basically these are the "reddit" people who thinks they know everything.

But yeah, the reason why we want additional AoE is because we can get the overlap, as we have a free 50% Inc AoE from PF ascendancy. Then another near 50 from Carcass Jack, then another 50% from cluster jewels (x2 Broadside).

Honestly, I am not sure why there are some guides and people keep spreading these misinformation, at this point it's disinformation already. Especially the one that keeps saying PF sucks for several leagues and never change his mind on it, even there's video proof shown to him, he'd still say Pathfinder sucks, so I guess this is a bit... um..., yeah you know. They just get positive feedback because they can easily get away from making a mediocre guide on a good build that is not punishing.

Its great when they never showcase these builds in T19 maps with like triple phys as extra + double beyond + 100% delirium etc. Or you know killing sirus 8 on a budget easily. :)
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
Its great when they never showcase these builds in T19 maps with like triple phys as extra + double beyond + 100% delirium etc. Or you know killing sirus 8 on a budget easily. :)
Eh, stacking extra arrows is not exactly budget unless you sacrifice other mods for it (which imo isn't worth it), it's a bit better with harvest but not that "easy".

You can get +2 from bow, +1 from quiver (+2 if corrupted for another extra arrow, mega rare tbh), +1 from helmet enchant... All of these add to the price of the item.

Tbh easiest way to get some extra arrows is dying sun + 50% flask effectiveness for +3 arrows, which is very achievable on a PF so no idea if the extra arrows are the goal why doesn't the build recommend dying sun? It also offers some increased aoe.

And by now I think people have said everything here, from extra arrows always overlap to extra arrows are detrimental because they spread pods too far apart. So no wonder confusion grows around the subject.

P.S. The new keystone "chainbreaker" from lethal pride + berserk is rly nice attack speed boost and since the build already uses mana flask the lack of mana regen should be unimportant. Did anyone else try it?
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 25, 2020, 11:27:37 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:

You can get +2 from bow, +1 from quiver (+2 if corrupted for another extra arrow, mega rare tbh), +1 from helmet enchant... All of these add to the price of the item.

You know even in non harvest, you can easily get +3 arrows, right? A warlord base quiver is like 10c, a +1 quill rain you can self corrupt with 1ex. An enchanted helm you can get with ~2ex if you settle for a rare. 4ex isn't really a lot for anyone who plays a chara and gets it up to lvl 90 or so. The build comes with AoE for 8 arrows and you can easily get it regardless of league. I don't see what exactly I'm sacrificing here for additional arrows?

I'll do some tests with dying sun after I hit 100(so maybe in a week considering how much I play during the weekdays) but it's pretty cheap to get additional arrows without this. You could definitely use it early on but the issue is dying sun isn't exactly cheap early.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Jul 25, 2020, 11:45:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info