-

@Serge91, You can grab better ring bases and craft on them. Ideally vermillion but even a two-stone ring should be okay. Using harvest to craft T1 res is real easy so try not to waste mod space. You can also aug chaos res onto your cluster jewels if they have a free suffix using aug chaos. This is how I capped my res cause I use a headhunter and its got 0 res on it.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
I've reached 13m DoT Sirus DPS! This build had carried my ass from league start to end-game content. Loving pathfinder now! Might try scourge arrow pathfinder next league ;)
"
Serge91 wrote:
By the way, I've got another question: is it worth to spend money to buy a cheap +1 corrupted carcass not 6 socketed, and then make it 6 socket 6 link?
Also, can you do that with harvest crafting? I don't know if it lets you use corrupted items, just wondering...
I don't think harvest works on corrupted items, not 100% sure but vast majority of item alterations do not work on corrupted items.

Now is it worth is to link yourself or not is a question of how much is the cost of 1850 vaals, 1500 fusings and 350 jewellers. Plus any chroms & vaals it will take you to recolour it to what you need. And also do you have the recipes (6 socket is from the green city chests in delve, 6 link is from the blue one, the one that can spawn Aul) or do you have to pay someone to do the craft and do you know a trustworthy crafter than won't scam you.

Estimate the costs and compare the difference between buying unlinked one and linked one. You could also try corrupting your own as Mazino Urek said few pages ago.

But since the prices are in flux there is no easy answer "which is cheaper" without price checking the current values.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:
By the way, I've got another question: is it worth to spend money to buy a cheap +1 corrupted carcass not 6 socketed, and then make it 6 socket 6 link?
Also, can you do that with harvest crafting? I don't know if it lets you use corrupted items, just wondering...
I don't think harvest works on corrupted items, not 100% sure but vast majority of item alterations do not work on corrupted items.

Now is it worth is to link yourself or not is a question of how much is the cost of 1850 vaals, 1500 fusings and 350 jewellers. Plus any chroms & vaals it will take you to recolour it to what you need. And also do you have the recipes (6 socket is from the green city chests in delve, 6 link is from the blue one, the one that can spawn Aul) or do you have to pay someone to do the craft and do you know a trustworthy crafter than won't scam you.

Estimate the costs and compare the difference between buying unlinked one and linked one. You could also try corrupting your own as Mazino Urek said few pages ago.

But since the prices are in flux there is no easy answer "which is cheaper" without price checking the current values.

I honestly doubt the harvest mods for 6 socket and 6 link can be used on corrupted items... it would be TOO good tbh. But until we try, we will never know.

Wasn't really asking "which is cheaper", just asking if buying a corrupted +1 and then using currency to make it 6l would not be a complete waste of money :P
Yeah i do have the recipes for 6s and 6 link, though at the moment i dont know if i have enough money to buy vaals and fusing (and you're right, there are also chroms + vaals to use after 6 linking it).

Yeah i can try to corrupt myself some CJ 6s with the right colours. I've got a couple of them.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jul 25, 2020, 11:29:14 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:

I honestly doubt the harvest mods for 6 socket and 6 link can be used on corrupted items... it would be TOO good tbh. But until we try, we will never know.

Wasn't really asking "which is cheaper", just asking if buying a corrupted +1 and then using currency to make it 6l would not be a complete waste of money :P
Yeah i do have the recipes for 6s and 6 link, though at the moment i dont know if i have enough money to buy vaals and fusing (and you're right, there are also chroms + vaals to use after 6 linking it).

Yeah i can try to corrupt myself some CJ 6s with the right colours. I've got a couple of them.

Harvest crafts don't work on corrupted items. Harvest crafts function the same way as regular currency, just that you can target specific mod types.

And as for corrupt carcass, I think this should be one of the final upgrades for the build. If you have everything else covered, you should go for this. And even if you corrupt them yourself, it is highly unlikely that you'll get the corruptions needed. I suggest using your own temples to corrupt your CJs but not going out of your way to buy corruption chambers for it. If you keep an eye on the market for a few days, you can pick up a double corrupted one for about 30-50ex.

Very important note here to anyone considering this. This upgrade is entirely optional and should be one of the last upgrades to the build. The 30-50ex might appear daunting but in reality, when you're pushing for the best upgrades, everything costs a lot. Easy example is the following ring. It'll take about 15ex on average to make this. It can definitely go up to 20ex.

Do you need it? No. Did I spend 15ex to get the chaos damage and T1 int? Yes. It is a crafting league so crafting projects like this could be fun if that's your thing.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Jul 25, 2020, 12:12:02 PM
I admit it, I pretty much said 'screw it' on the CJ and a mega-bow for now, instead settling for this one (still needs Q28/IAS, and IAS) (bottom).

While there's a lot of room for improvement (+1support fracture, annul the multimod, suffixroll DoTM, -+Attack +2arrow back on), this one is an entirely controlled craft that doesn't leave you faffing about with corruptions or non-baseline rare rolls and puts you within a few percentage points of a +1QR/+3CJ at about 10ex, assuming my math wasn't horrendously off.

As an added bonus, it's non-reliant on the chestpiece, which means you can situationally swap it out with minimal impact, like to a QotF for lab running.

"
Shani wrote:
I admit it, I pretty much said 'screw it' on the CJ and a mega-bow for now, instead settling for this one (still needs Q28/IAS, and IAS) (bottom).

While there's a lot of room for improvement (+1support fracture, annul the multimod, suffixroll DoTM, -+Attack +2arrow back on), this one is an entirely controlled craft that doesn't leave you faffing about with corruptions or non-baseline rare rolls and puts you within a few percentage points of a +1QR/+3CJ at about 10ex, assuming my math wasn't horrendously off.

As an added bonus, it's non-reliant on the chestpiece, which means you can situationally swap it out with minimal impact, like to a QotF for lab running.
I agree with you, and you can definitely harvest gamble with add speed (even though I heard it's very rare) to try to fill the empty suffix, if you hit attack speed that's golden, if you hit projectile speed it's also not tragic.

Harvest allows to craft some decent bows for under 10ex for all those people who don't want to pour endless currency into a build tweaking every aspect and stat.

It's a matter of playstyle, some people will keep polishing a character for hundreds of ex others will move onto other builds or other games.

This is the downside of going for corrupted chest, either you go all in or not at all. There is no middle ground. Well, technically there is - you could get single corruption or double corruption. But unless you get really good one, it's not worth paying for it for what it costs to either link it or buy ready made.
"
Shani wrote:
I admit it, I pretty much said 'screw it' on the CJ and a mega-bow for now

I've been talking to people about the "best" bow. This shit is so hard to make it's not even funny. You spend like 70ex crafting it to a certain point and then you have to gamble with a 1 in 5 anul. Someone apparently spent 200ex and didn't get it yet. A friend of mine really wants to make this and even finished crafting AoE on his rings + quiver to support the 9th arrow. But the more I look at it the more I feel like its a wasted cause.
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
I've been talking to people about the "best" bow. This shit is so hard to make it's not even funny. You spend like 70ex crafting it to a certain point and then you have to gamble with a 1 in 5 anul. Someone apparently spent 200ex and didn't get it yet. A friend of mine really wants to make this and even finished crafting AoE on his rings + quiver to support the 9th arrow. But the more I look at it the more I feel like its a wasted cause.
I bet most of the ones that were made and exist on the market were done before the 3.11.1 patch that "fixed" the guaranteed +arrow craft abusing the tag inconsistency (i.e. you could craft cannot roll attack modifiers and slam "add attack mod" and it would add the arrow, even though theoretically you shouldn't be able to add an attack mod if you blocked it in the first place).

There was also some other abuse with fracturing a mod, not sure if I remember correctly but you could attempt to fracture a mod and if it hit a crafted mod you could erase it from the bench and the fracture would "move" to the next available affix (prefix or suffix). That also got fixed.

Imo if someone has the currency best bang for your buck would be fishing for nice synth implicit. This thing with trying to annul multimod to squeeze an extra mod seems a bit hardcore...
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
"
Shani wrote:

I agree with you, and you can definitely harvest gamble with add speed (even though I heard it's very rare) to try to fill the empty suffix, if you hit attack speed that's golden, if you hit projectile speed it's also not tragic.

Harvest allows to craft some decent bows for under 10ex for all those people who don't want to pour endless currency into a build tweaking every aspect and stat.

It's a matter of playstyle, some people will keep polishing a character for hundreds of ex others will move onto other builds or other games.

This is the downside of going for corrupted chest, either you go all in or not at all. There is no middle ground. Well, technically there is - you could get single corruption or double corruption. But unless you get really good one, it's not worth paying for it for what it costs to either link it or buy ready made.

Trying to roll on my current bow's actually not that bad; you have a 1/18th chance of hitting T1, and an 8/18th chance of hitting any kind of IAS. Speed's a non-conflicting affix too, so I can roll on it safely until I get bored(read as: go broke).

But that's why I'm going with the bow-- that bow fits into at least three major builds and, even ignoring the 40%cDam synthesis, is still potent enough and can be changed around due to the cDoTM affix being crafted. It's an pretty solid intermediate phase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info