-

Hi :)

First of all i just want to say thank you so much for the guide, im having a blast playing toxic rain raider. I also want to specify that im new to the game, so please be nice with replies to what im about to ask.

I made my character public, would anyone be so kind to have a look at it, and tell me points i need to focus on improving. RIght up untill this point i havent had problems at all finding stuff to improve, but right now im kinda lost as what to focus on next.

So im looking for some pointers for this. What do you guys look at when you decide, "Ok, this i need to get next, that would be the biggest improvement for me at the moment" I know there is small things here and there, like i can optimize my gems more, my belt is ass, but its the only thing that keeps my cold cap in check atm.

Would very much appreciate if anyone takes the time to look at it, and give me some tips and point out what i need/shoud improve/change.

Struggling with getting 1 shot when i push maps to 15-16 now, and doing bosses, damage seems to never be an issue tho, so if im correct, im guessing there is some defensive capabilities i need to focus on.

Thank you in advance if you take the time.

Edit: Can add that i have a budget of about 5ex atm in liquid currency.
Last edited by Neverl4te on Jun 13, 2021, 7:01:31 PM
"
Neverl4te wrote:
Hi :)

First of all i just want to say thank you so much for the guide, im having a blast playing toxic rain raider. I also want to specify that im new to the game, so please be nice with replies to what im about to ask.

I made my character public, would anyone be so kind to have a look at it, and tell me points i need to focus on improving. RIght up untill this point i havent had problems at all finding stuff to improve, but right now im kinda lost as what to focus on next.

So im looking for some pointers for this. What do you guys look at when you decide, "Ok, this i need to get next, that would be the biggest improvement for me at the moment" I know there is small things here and there, like i can optimize my gems more, my belt is ass, but its the only thing that keeps my cold cap in check atm.

Would very much appreciate if anyone takes the time to look at it, and give me some tips and point out what i need/shoud improve/change.

Struggling with getting 1 shot when i push maps to 15-16 now, and doing bosses, damage seems to never be an issue tho, so if im correct, im guessing there is some defensive capabilities i need to focus on.

Thank you in advance if you take the time.

Edit: Can add that i have a budget of about 5ex atm in liquid currency.

I've had a look and there is a lot of your gear you need to look at improving. As a reference feel free to look at my character. Its not finished but it is comfortably doing all content with minimum deaths. I have to point out that this build is not designed to face tank mobs. A lot depends on your playstyle. Gear wise I would look at getting a new belt asap. You can't go wrong with a good Stygian Vise and Abyss jewel. They are very cheap. This will help you balance out life and resistences much easier. Then get better rings. More life/res. Make sure one has lvl 12 Poachers on it. Also a better amulet is needed. You have the wrong annointment on it. You need corruption. As it stands your gear is letting you down bigtime. Gear upgrade is priority number 1. Study the guide inside out. Its all there. Defence can be the best form of offence.

Your gems are not fully qualitied. You need to squeeze as much juice out of them as possible. Bear in mind any corrupted gems you have cannot be qualitied and you will need new ones. Also you have no alt quality Swift Affliction.
In Maloneys you have void manipulation. Its should be Culling Strike. Void Manipulation is doing nothing there. Again, all detailed info is the guide.

Passive tree gems are not the best. Can be improved. You also have no Thread of Hope. The cluster jewel you have is sub standard and can be way better. If you get a better cluster jewel with the required passives, you can scale back some passives and put them into the cluster. Damage will jump up loads.

Your flasks need to be crafted correctly. These will save your life!!

Thats all I can see for now. But gear is number one on the list. Invest some in that. I keep saying it but please read the guide over and over. Its all there in detail, with explanations. Hope thats some help.
Last edited by D_v_8 on Jun 14, 2021, 9:49:20 AM
This guy https://youtu.be/yUXO_ypsSew has gone raider for TR and apparently basically never dies, anyone specced into raider? Seems like avatar of the slaughter might be a better choice than veil if you don't mind a phasing flask. My internet is kinda bad at times so would like a build that can live with lag :( I know the DPS will suffer at least 20% from POB due to lower mirage archer synergy. For raider would another gem be better?
"
YOUR_HAMSTER wrote:
Seems like avatar of the slaughter might be a better choice than veil if you don't mind a phasing flask.
Nope. Slaughter is mediocre dps buff while Veil is a big defensive buff. You'd lose 15% dodge / spelldodge which allows semi-easy dodge cap, perma ailment immunity, and -20% accuracy to nearby mobs which helps to cap evasion and counter a bit map mod "enemies have extra accuracy". If you want to "never die", you go Chase + Veil. Chase for 35% more evasion, and Veil for the rest I listed.

Slaughter is only used by builds that stack max frenzy charges (Ele hit / flicker strike) but then they mostly skip chase, not veil. Imo if you want the damage, you don't pick slaughter, you stick to Deadeye. You want to be defensive, you pick the dodge stuff, it helps especially against spells which evasion doesn't work on.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 15, 2021, 4:00:34 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
YOUR_HAMSTER wrote:

Slaughter is only used by builds that stack max frenzy charges (Ele hit / flicker strike) but then they mostly skip chase, not veil. Imo if you want the damage, you don't pick slaughter, you stick to Deadeye. You want to be defensive, you pick the dodge stuff, it helps especially against spells which evasion doesn't work on.

Thanks for the thoughts! What do you think about mirage archer? Would you keep it if you tried a swap?
Hey, I'm having fun with the build so far and recently got to maps. I don't know if you are already aware of this or not, but when I went to use your early mapping filter it seems to have been broken by an update to filterblade. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this!

Is it worth dropping some hp to swap flash and stone for crab?
"
YOUR_HAMSTER wrote:
Thanks for the thoughts! What do you think about mirage archer? Would you keep it if you tried a swap?
Tbh just experiment and see what fits best, especially if you only use it for bossing. It does help when you have to stutter step and interrupt your dps. Some bosses might benefit more from things like efficacy if they're mostly stationary, but other bosses move a lot and excess duration doesn't really help you kill it.
"
YOUR_HAMSTER wrote:
This guy https://youtu.be/yUXO_ypsSew has gone raider for TR and apparently basically never dies, anyone specced into raider? Seems like avatar of the slaughter might be a better choice than veil if you don't mind a phasing flask. My internet is kinda bad at times so would like a build that can live with lag :( I know the DPS will suffer at least 20% from POB due to lower mirage archer synergy. For raider would another gem be better?

I would argue that the dies all the time but just not on the footage in the video. If you look at the footage, there are a bunch of close calls where he would actually get killed.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
konop88 wrote:
Is it worth dropping some hp to swap flash and stone for crab?

If you don't drop too much hp (less than like 200 hp) then it is totally fine and you should absolutely go for it
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info