-

"
ComfyExo wrote:
"
LongLiveTheLazy wrote:
I've been playtesting this build the past couple days and could get to red maps with nothing but a 5L Quill Rain, a decent flask setup and a somewhat underleveled char. It really performed well for me and I'll most likely league start with this.

I've got a couple questions though

Why Enduring Mana Flask instead of Foreboding? the mana recovery doesnt matter and foreboding lasts 33% longer (its especially nice since that means the duration will be similar to the utility flasks which mean easier Flask piano)

Also whats the best way to apply wither stacks aside from blast rain + mirage archer? Imo mirage archer is so much QoL for Toxic Rain that I prefer to run it there. Should I just go with wither totems or are there better options?

The build has 3 auras in it (malevolence, flesh and stone, and skitterbots/aspect of the spider) which leaves you with very little mana left to cast TR. Enduring just lets you practically cast as much as you can and as fast as you can during the buff duration. You could however have enough bench crafted non-channeling crafts on gear to have TR on 0 mana cost, so you can drop your mana flask by then for something else like a quartz flask.

Another way would be withering step, but personally I don't like it. I'm not sure of this but I think ballistas with wither setup could be a thing? I would stick to traditional wither totems imo if you value mirage archer on TR. It's just more reliable and applies max wither really fast on bosses.

I guess you go for Foreboding when you´ve got -# to Mana cost crafted on jewellery since the foreboding lasts longer than enduring hybrid flask (Which is like 3.5 seconds or something).
Very good build I recommend.
"We've made balance passes on a large variety of skills that are performing above acceptable power levels, either through damage, speed of clearing content, or defensive benefits.

These include Blade Vortex, Blade Blast, Toxic Rain, General's Cry with Channelled skills, Seismic Cry, Carrion Golem, and Vitality."

Let's hope it isn't anything to bad!
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
"We've made balance passes on a large variety of skills that are performing above acceptable power levels, either through damage, speed of clearing content, or defensive benefits.

These include Blade Vortex, Blade Blast, Toxic Rain, General's Cry with Channelled skills, Seismic Cry, Carrion Golem, and Vitality."

Let's hope it isn't anything to bad!

biggest nerf is here:

"
The Elder-influenced Weapon modifiers that grant a chance for Poisons or Bleeds inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage have been removed. In their place, Elder-influenced Weapons can now roll a new Local Poison or Bleed Damage over Time Multiplier modifier. The double damage chance modifiers were too multiplicatively powerful for these builds, providing power that only the modifier granted, so they've been changed to an effect that is additive with other Bleed/Poison damage multipliers.
How? We don't even use that.
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
How? We don't even use that.

I posted in the wrong guide, my bad. But it doesn't seem good for TR tbh.
They're nerfing SKill Duration/AoE passives, also they're doing something to Cluster Jewels, Hardened Scars won't work anymore unless we are constantly healing and DoT damage multiplier on quivers won't affect Toxic Rain.

Not to mention, they're also gonna nerf the skill gem itself (toxic rain)

Soooooooooo, rip, basically.
Last edited by idkwat on Apr 12, 2021, 5:56:33 PM
I mean they're nerfing what looks like everything so it might balance out. Will need to see the real changes tomorrow with the patch notes.
In addition to the increase in Flesh and Stone's reserved mana.

I hope it is a light nerf, one of the few bow skills that does not require a huge investment to work.
"
The Elder-influenced Weapon modifiers that grant a chance for Poisons or Bleeds inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage have been removed. In their place, Elder-influenced Weapons can now roll a new Local Poison or Bleed Damage over Time Multiplier modifier. The double damage chance modifiers were too multiplicatively powerful for these builds, providing power that only the modifier granted, so they've been changed to an effect that is additive with other Bleed/Poison damage multipliers.

This nerf is strong, for the bleed eq/Bleed Bow gladiator.
Last edited by Alkatraz_BR on Apr 12, 2021, 6:29:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info