-

"
idkwat wrote:
Did you guys see the new skills? Lifetap has potential, it increases damage by 20% for a short period and makes the skill cost life instead of mana, that's very strong for TR, the replacement would be efficacy or mirage archer

I'd say the new Cruelty Support is better than Lifetap Support. You usually get non-channelling bench crafts on rings, ammy, and clarity watcher's eye so your TR would cost no mana, hence it'll cost no life so Lifetap buff wouldnt even proc since you need to spend life with it. Also this build doesn't have any leech built it so losing life per cast (which you do about 6-7/s on average, that's almost 280 life lost per second) is gonna be scary. Cruelty just increases your dot and gets stronger over time. The boost to hit damage may be useless though as far as I know.
Is this build still viable after harvest nerfs?
"
pphnx wrote:
Is this build still viable after harvest nerfs?

This build existed long before Harvest and will be viable even with the nerfed Harvest. You likely won't be able to able to scale to as crazy DPS numbers, but this was never the best build for that. It'll still likely be a great league-starter, if nothing changes much in patch notes.
Hi! Thanks for the build - i will be leaguestarting with this in 3.14.

Short question regarding the flasks - do we need the mana-flask? Or could you drop it for a defensive / offensive flask? Is the mana-gain fromn the hybrid-flask enough to sustain?

Also you said something regarding breakpoints (inc. AOE?) in the gem-section. I could not find anything specific - what should i look out for when gearing? How can i check if i reached a specific breakpoint?

Thank you! :)
Last edited by Schokoholzi on Apr 12, 2021, 9:08:56 AM
"
Schokoholzi wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the build - i will be leaguestarting with this in 3.14.

Short question regarding the flasks - do we need the mana-flask? Or could you drop it for a defensive / offensive flask? Is the mana-gain fromn the hybrid-flask enough to sustain?

Also you said something regarding breakpoints (inc. AOE?) in the gem-section. I could not find anything specific - what should i look out for when gearing? How can i check if i reached a specific breakpoint?

Thank you! :)

mana flask is important to maintain your mana as a tldr, because you can't really sustain it from the hybrid flask alone. It depends on the situation whether if you can sustain mana from hybrid alone, but usually you can't, especially on league start scenario

Mechanics section is where you can find it
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Hello, I read through the first page before asking this question. Sorry if I missed this answer if it was explained. Why Blast Rain and not Caustic Arrow?
"
mrwiggiiles wrote:
Hello, I read through the first page before asking this question. Sorry if I missed this answer if it was explained. Why Blast Rain and not Caustic Arrow?

main purpose is to apply wither stacks, caustic arrow does not hit more than once, so this makes it a very bad choice for applying wither
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
I've been playtesting this build the past couple days and could get to red maps with nothing but a 5L Quill Rain, a decent flask setup and a somewhat underleveled char. It really performed well for me and I'll most likely league start with this.

I've got a couple questions though

Why Enduring hybrid Flask instead of Foreboding? the mana recovery doesnt matter and foreboding lasts 33% longer (its especially nice since that means the duration will be similar to the utility flasks which mean easier Flask piano)

Also whats the best way to apply wither stacks aside from blast rain + mirage archer? Imo mirage archer is so much QoL for Toxic Rain that I prefer to run it there. Should I just go with wither totems or are there better options?
Last edited by LongLiveTheLazy on Apr 12, 2021, 3:27:20 PM
"
I've been playtesting this build the past couple days and could get to red maps with nothing but a 5L Quill Rain, a decent flask setup and a somewhat underleveled char. It really performed well for me and I'll most likely league start with this.

Why Enduring Mana Flask instead of Foreboding? the mana recovery doesnt matter and foreboding lasts 33% longer (its especially nice since that means the duration will be similar to the utility flasks which mean easier Flask piano)

Also whats the best way to apply wither stacks aside from blast rain + mirage archer? Imo mirage archer is so much QoL for Toxic Rain that I prefer to run it there. Should I just go with wither totems or are there better options?

The build has 3 auras in it (malevolence, flesh and stone, and skitterbots/aspect of the spider) which leaves you with very little mana left to cast TR. Enduring just lets you practically cast as much as you can and as fast as you can during the buff duration. You could however have enough bench crafted non-channeling crafts on gear to have TR on 0 mana cost, so you can drop your mana flask by then for something else like a quartz flask.

Another way would be withering step, but personally I don't like it. I'm not sure of this but I think ballistas with wither setup could be a thing? I would stick to traditional wither totems imo if you value mirage archer on TR. It's just more reliable and applies max wither really fast on bosses.
Last edited by ComfyExo on Apr 12, 2021, 1:27:12 PM
"
ComfyExo wrote:
"

Why Enduring Mana Flask instead of Foreboding? the mana recovery doesnt matter and foreboding lasts 33% longer (its especially nice since that means the duration will be similar to the utility flasks which mean easier Flask piano)

The build has 3 auras in it (malevolence, flesh and stone, and skitterbots/aspect of the spider) which leaves you with very little mana left to cast TR. Enduring just lets you practically cast as much as you can and as fast as you can during the buff duration. You could however have enough bench crafted non-channeling crafts on gear to have TR on 0 mana cost, so you can drop your mana flask by then for something else like a quartz flask.

Another way would be withering step, but personally I don't like it. I'm not sure of this but I think ballistas with wither setup could be a thing? I would stick to traditional wither totems imo if you value mirage archer on TR. It's just more reliable and applies max wither really fast on bosses.

Oops, I actually misstyped the flask name...
Meant the enduring hybrid flask for fortify instead of the mana flask, think foreboding is better than enduring for it?
And I guess I'll go with standard wither totems, probably my best option

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info